Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-20, 09:16 AM  
angie_nrs

This workout was mentioned in another thread, so I found it at a good price and ordered it b/c I love slow lifting. As soon as I got it I ripped off the plastic and put it in the DVD player. I did all of the workout except the Hiit portion the first time around. I thought it seemed too easy, but I was surprisingly sore the next day. The next day I was really short on time so I did the warmup, Hiit, and cool down which clocked in at 23 minutes or so. Again, I didn't think it was all that difficult, but was surprisingly sore the next day. However, I did change some moves in the Hiit section. Since I really don't like jumping jacks, I subbed flying angels instead....no big deal.

I think I will get some good mileage out of this DVD. I wish there was an option to string the workout together with the options you choose from the beginning screen, but it's not a deal breaker to push a button on the player after each section to move on.

I utilize Tony's Great Body workout often b/c it provides small sections on each body part, which is similar to 40+. I choose that Ab section quite frequently. So, I think this DVD will fit into that area/niche of my workout routine. I don't think I will ever do the workout in it's entirety, but I'm more prone these days to just take what I want out of a workout as add ons, which works just fine for me.

For whomever mentioned this workout in the Heavy Lifting thread.....Thank you! I will definitely get enough use out of this workout to justify the purchase.

Tags
aging, get fit at 40+, heavy weight training, james crossley, senior strength training, slow weights