Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-17, 10:03 PM  
TamiT

weight loss during menopause is possible

http://people.com/bodies/weight-loss...ter-menopause/
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 11:02 PM  
Genevieve M

Looks like Teresa Tapp's marketing people put this testimonial in People!

I've asked this before - has anyone currently on the board had a successful or significant change in body composition due to T-Tapp? If so, what workouts did you use?

Sometimes, I see these testimonials for T-Tapp products, and I wonder - why am I killing myself with kettlebells, battle ropes, kickboxing, etc., if her workouts seem to be so effective? Does anyone feel the same way or have any insight?

Just wondering...
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 11:59 PM  
calendria

I've tried it before and its very low impact. I think I've had better progress with barre and callinetics. I tend to do better with non-standard gym workouts.
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-17, 07:40 AM  
TinaT

I'm in the midst of the "menopause season" and will say, it is possible to loose weight. I don't believe you need to kill yourself to do so. But I also believe it takes more than what T-Tapp offers. (diet/intake).

I thought I had to kill myself too, but in the last 16 weeks I've been figuring out you don't. I've taken workouts I've been using for years and modifying them to be effective but I'm not drained to complete exhaustion either.

The bottom line for me: any form of exercise is and can be effective if you do it on a regular basis. I don't think any one method has it figured out. Do something that motivates you and you enjoy. If it's T-Tapp, then go for it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-17, 08:04 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Looks like Teresa Tapp's marketing people put this testimonial in People!

I've asked this before - has anyone currently on the board had a successful or significant change in body composition due to T-Tapp? If so, what workouts did you use?

Sometimes, I see these testimonials for T-Tapp products, and I wonder - why am I killing myself with kettlebells, battle ropes, kickboxing, etc., if her workouts seem to be so effective? Does anyone feel the same way or have any insight?

Just wondering...
The woman in the article did change her diet. I suspect that had something to do with it.

I'm past menopause, and I have moved to far gentler exercises than I did in the past. In the spirit of disclosure, I must admit that I have been doing T-Tapp for over 15 years.

But I now do shorter T-Tapp workouts. And I love Classical Stretch and Callanetics.

My body responds to the gentler workouts. I have more energy throughout the day. I don't trigger cortisol dumps the way I did when I was perimenopausal and thought I had to work out like a mad woman to be in shape. I sleep better.

One of the things T-Tapp, Callanetics, and Classical Stretch all do for me is to be more aware, all the time, of my posture and how I move my body. To concur with the woman in the article, this happens quite naturally.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 10:06 PM  
Genevieve M

Did t-tapp help her get rid of the famous spare tire around her middle? If T-tapp can do that, I'm all in.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 05:41 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I'm in the midst of the "menopause season" and will say, it is possible to loose weight. I don't believe you need to kill yourself to do so. But I also believe it takes more than what T-Tapp offers. (diet/intake).

I thought I had to kill myself too, but in the last 16 weeks I've been figuring out you don't. I've taken workouts I've been using for years and modifying them to be effective but I'm not drained to complete exhaustion either.

The bottom line for me: any form of exercise is and can be effective if you do it on a regular basis. I don't think any one method has it figured out. Do something that motivates you and you enjoy. If it's T-Tapp, then go for it.
I lost 25 lbs during menopause., so it is doable. I agree that you don't have to kill yourself during exercise, but you do need to do something that challenges you. Also, diet is key. My success was probably 70% diet, 30% changing the type of exercise I did (i.e. more strength training). My changes in eating habits were permanent and I have been able to keep the weight off for more than 2 years.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 10:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Just wondering...
T-Tapp is not a miracle body transformation system. Cathe is not a miracle body transformation system. P90X is not a miracle body transformation system.

If you are killing yourself not getting the results you want, you must look at your diet. Sometimes killer workouts give one a killer appetite. Maybe try logging your calorie intake in one of those apps.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 01:38 PM  
noodles

I know during peri-menopause I gained 20 pounds and had what seemed to be an uncontrollable appetite regardless of what kind of exercise I did so in my case I'm sure it was hormones that were the driving force. Now that I'm a couple years post menopause at the age of 50 I've lost > 10 pounds, have an easier time controlling my appetite even when I work out hard, and don't gain 5 pounds just looking at a piece of red velvet cake lol! So I agree there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you can lose weight during menopause. I have more energy and really enjoy my workouts. Now if i could only get rid of the hot flashes....
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 03:21 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
T-Tapp is not a miracle body transformation system. Cathe is not a miracle body transformation system. P90X is not a miracle body transformation system.

If you are killing yourself not getting the results you want, you must look at your diet. Sometimes killer workouts give one a killer appetite. Maybe try logging your calorie intake in one of those apps.
I agree totally. There is no miracle body transformation system. You have to find what is right and works for you, and most important, something you will stick to. D**t is very important, that goes without saying...
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause