Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-16, 06:53 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

I also like Vionic, though I think they were a little better when they were Orthaheel. They are still good and their shoes offer great arch support.
Because I live in the middle of nowhere, I buy most of my shoes online. I have been hesitant about Vionic, even though they pique my interest, because some of the reviews I've read on QVC and Zappos suggest they don't accommodate a wide foot.

You haven't said whether or not your feet are wide, but I'd love to read your feedback, anyway.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 07:24 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Because I live in the middle of nowhere, I buy most of my shoes online. I have been hesitant about Vionic, even though they pique my interest, because some of the reviews I've read on QVC and Zappos suggest they don't accommodate a wide foot.

You haven't said whether or not your feet are wide, but I'd love to read your feedback, anyway.
Hi Demeris -

I don't have wide feet I am afraid. I think that some of Vionics shoes are offered in wide widths but not all unfortunately. I would check their website and see if there are any that interest you. Zappos carries a lot of Vionic as well.

I have a few pairs of Vionic and several pairs of Orthaheel. I do think that Vionic is comparable to Orthaheel but Orthaheel was just a teeny bit better. I have two pairs of the Tide sandal in the Orthaheel brand and one Tide in the Vionic brand. They are pretty similar but the arch support may be a tad better in the Orthaheel. So subtle changes that were made when the brand changed names.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vionic, even if Orthaheel was a little better. They are still a good shoe. When I first discovered my achilles problems, Orthaheel was the brand recommended by my orthopedic doctor. The link to the website is below if you want to check out which ones are available in wide. To the left of the page you can choose wide width and it might filter for you.

http://www.vionicshoes.com/

Hope that helps a little.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 11:32 AM  
DonnaMarie

Feet & Shoes

I have size 5 D (stands for duck) feet. I now shop exclusively through Zappos. Return is free along with a printable return label. When I have to wear a dress, I wear David Tate (?) low heels. Zappos has an incredible selection of shoes in most styles. Also, their reviews are pretty right on by my experience. Love the company (maybe a little too much).
Old 07-31-16, 12:28 PM  
killoffsonny

I have a pair of vionics. I don't have wide feet. But I think they'd have a more difficult time accommodating narrow feet. I have a pair of open toe open heel sandals and they are adjustable.
Old 07-31-16, 12:55 PM  
Aunt Famous

Fly London

Comfortable and stylish. Love the brand.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 01:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have these Vionic sandals, they are very comfy and work with a dress. Not sure if they would work for wide feet although they do have adjustable straps.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 04:08 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Hi Demeris -

I don't have wide feet I am afraid. I think that some of Vionics shoes are offered in wide widths but not all unfortunately. I would check their website and see if there are any that interest you. Zappos carries a lot of Vionic as well.

I have a few pairs of Vionic and several pairs of Orthaheel. I do think that Vionic is comparable to Orthaheel but Orthaheel was just a teeny bit better. I have two pairs of the Tide sandal in the Orthaheel brand and one Tide in the Vionic brand. They are pretty similar but the arch support may be a tad better in the Orthaheel. So subtle changes that were made when the brand changed names.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vionic, even if Orthaheel was a little better. They are still a good shoe. When I first discovered my achilles problems, Orthaheel was the brand recommended by my orthopedic doctor. The link to the website is below if you want to check out which ones are available in wide. To the left of the page you can choose wide width and it might filter for you.

http://www.vionicshoes.com/

Hope that helps a little.
Thank you
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 03:39 PM  
leigh1673

I love all things Merrell.

I also really like Clarks. Their wedge-heeled sandals are more comfortable than most flats that I own.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 11:01 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I love all things Merrell.

I also really like Clarks. Their wedge-heeled sandals are more comfortable than most flats that I own.
I really like Merrell and Clark's too. And Alegria and Dansko....

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 03:27 AM  
Negin

Thank you all again so much.

Quote:
Another fan of Dansko, I have more Danskos than any other shoe brand
Clarks is a good brand, I have been hit or miss with them but have a pair of wedges I really like plus a couple pair of heels for special occasions.
Cobb Hill is another brand that I recently discovered and like quite well, they are my go to brand for flats.
These are all brands that I love . Like you, I have more Danskos than any other shoes. Love Clarks wedges. Cobb Hill is a new one for me and I'm loving their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I agree!

Tags
comfortable shoes, shoes, traveling shoes