Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-16, 09:00 PM  
Stephanie_B

Yay Lannette. Mine showed up today. All of the videos are Jennifer Galardi which I don't think were the original ones.

It seems well made; I don't have much to compare it to as I never used one at a studio. I do think it's about as well made as any of the pieces i have though.

I'm not working out right now; the summer cold from hell, sinus infection and my first ever ear infection....sigh. The blue to me looks just like it did on the television.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 06:50 AM  
Robin C

Thumbs up Well constructed

Got my gray one on Wed. Very pleased at how well it was packed and how little set up is required. Thought this would be a nice addition to my regular workouts.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 11:50 AM  
lorajc

Stephanie my dear!! Nice to hear from you. I LOVE my chair. It is the most difficult piece of equip I have. I have my Aeropilates Reformer 5 cord, Malibu Chair and the first Supreme Pilates. I find the Malibu the most difficult all around, however, the range of exercises is limited...in my opinion. I still love it. I leave mine out...so when I pull out my Reformer, I usually go back and forth between them and it's fun. I would suggest you get the package with the tall handle bars and dvds. I think HSN's prices are good. I got mine from their when they had a special once. I didn't even know QVC had them unless she jumped channels. I can't say enough good about this...........except...I haven't used mine enough...as right after I got mine, was using my TRX and it wasn't secured properly and I flew across the room ....landed on my wrist.....had a Colles' Fracture of my distal radius ...needed it set in an ER setting and then eventually had surgery scheduled for metal plate and pin fixation. So that took quite a bit of time to heal....and the Malibu puts a bit of weight on the wrists...especially doing the moves where you are like doing a pull-up from the machine......good luck and have fun!! You deserve to get it as much as you love your machines....and you need it right now.

ETA: I also have all of the dvds that came with....and purchased some additional Wunda Chair ones from Balanced body....but if you have a big compendium of machine exercises...you can just do on your own. I do that also. I have a Rael Pilates Guide I love.....can't afford the expensive ones you suggested.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 12:24 PM  
Stephanie_B

Lora that's good to know. Since she changed the colors and instructors, I'm betting that's why the jump from HSN to QVC. LMBO because I also have the original SP.

What I don't know is if the handles of the old one, fit the new one. It's not mentioned in the literature. Do they pop in and out of the existing handles? I'm leaving it out too because I do a few exercises using a chair and either tune up balls, a Pilates ring or something for pelvis and inner/outer thigh stabilization, I also rest my calves on a chair lying down for some PT moves from Escogue and another book I think the Johnson spendy one. My fitness room is definitely looking more like a Pilates PT office and if we ever bust out the wall to enlarge it, the treadmill and bike will go there too and it'll be awesome to me...DH just smiles and nods.

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 06-25-16, 04:56 PM  
lorajc

Stephanie... you confused me.... are you taking about supreme Pilates or Malibu.....you say SP above????.
Old 06-25-16, 05:05 PM  
lorajc

Gosh jus looked up on the q and that's cheap...but I see no handlebars.....also can you get the DVDs separate anywhere??? Would love new DVDs with Jen!!!!
Old 06-25-16, 06:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Gosh jus looked up on the q and that's cheap...but I see no handlebars.....also can you get the DVDs separate anywhere??? Would love new DVDs with Jen!!!!
Lora, as you also have the Malibu Pilates Chair, did you noticed that the new DVDs have the same titles (names) than some of the older DVDs? I'm wondering if the workouts are the same, just re-done with a different instructor.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 07:13 PM  
Lannette

Check your DVDs. I finally had time to preview the DVDs today and one of them (the intro one) won't play but QVC is sending out another. They seem to be chaptered in that you can skip ahead but no chapter menu. They all seem to use pretty much the same exercises too.

The Susan Lucci favorites DVD, the moves she supposedly does daily isn't her. I never watched her on her soap but for some reason - Myabe because she's older - I was looking forward to her leading a DVD.

Lori, I don't believe that the handlebars are available. You can get heavier springs.

I noticed that the titles are the same as the old DVDs and wondered about that.

Tomorrow morning I'll be able to unbox the chair and check it out!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 08:40 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Stephanie... you confused me.... are you taking about supreme Pilates or Malibu.....you say SP above????.
I have the old Supreme Pilates (didn't use it enough to be tempted by the new, although it has its place for me sometimes) and the new PRO Pilates chair which is supposedly the "improved" Malibu one, but it looks the same to me without the higher arms.

I'm willing to bet the new and old workouts are choreographed the same or similarly enough people needn't buy the old ones or new ones, except if they really like variety with instructors or music and stuff. I have a lot of old Preformer DVDs with Marjolein Brugman, now AeroPilates; and while a lot of the moves are similar and choreographed in the same general fashion, I like using them all when I'm using DVDs for variety in verbiage used, music and set. But if a friend was on a budget and asked if she "needed" them, I'd say no.

I need to check out the Rael one. I have it on Kindle but I need or prefer print for some things. I did purchased Ellie's wunda chair book using the money from the Apple book refund dealio.

Old 06-26-16, 06:35 AM  
mandie123

I've been looking at the pilates chair forever,my question is can you work out all body parts using it? I'am moving to a very small place and would love to have a piece of equipment that is fairly small.

Tags
jennifer galardi, malibu pilates, malibu pilates pro chair, pilates pro chair, wunda chair