Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-16, 07:27 PM  
donnamp

Carol,

Good luck - I hope being off the statin reduces your pain and soreness.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 06:44 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

You should probably have your blood drawn during a period of extreme soreness to look for inflammatory markers. I have bouts of it and they haven't found anything yet (I'm starting to think it is food related). While having a foot issue looked at last year. I mentioned it to that dr. that I have these bouts of stiffness and joint pain but nothing shows up in blood test. He told me he had a lady who kept have severe bouts of it but the markers did not show up by the time she got to the dr. He drew when she came to him during a severe bout and found rheumatoid arthritis markers.

Please try another dr. if this guy isn't helping you. I originally had joint stiffness several years ago as a reaction to Sologyn for rosacea (extended release minocycline). It gave me lupus like symptoms. Please take care of yourself. You shouldn't have to live like that.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 07:15 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
You should probably have your blood drawn during a period of extreme soreness to look for inflammatory markers. I have bouts of it and they haven't found anything yet (I'm starting to think it is food related). While having a foot issue looked at last year. I mentioned it to that dr. that I have these bouts of stiffness and joint pain but nothing shows up in blood test. He told me he had a lady who kept have severe bouts of it but the markers did not show up by the time she got to the dr. He drew when she came to him during a severe bout and found rheumatoid arthritis markers.

Please try another dr. if this guy isn't helping you. I originally had joint stiffness several years ago as a reaction to Sologyn for rosacea (extended release minocycline). It gave me lupus like symptoms. Please take care of yourself. You shouldn't have to live like that.
Thanks, Gibbee. I have had the blood draws done when I was really stiff, and nothing conclusive has ever turned up. Over the years they've thought I had all kinds of hard to diagnosis inflammatory arthritis diseases, but then those symptoms fade away for years and nothing shows up until the next time, when it looks like something completely different. Thankfully I do actually have easy to observe physical symptoms at times or they would think it was all in my head. My old rheumatologist has retired though, and I don't like this new guy as well. We don't have a lot of rheumatologists to chose from here.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 12:28 PM  
meg39

Bumping this up and wondering if txhsmom has started feeling better?
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 04:04 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
Bumping this up and wondering if txhsmom has started feeling better?
I hope so. Please let us know.

I'm a little older but I notice any time I do something different physically, like some kind of intense yard work or a new exercise I get sore. Perhaps this is the situation with the OP. I was going to mention it when this thread opened up but it sounded like she was going to consult a doctor.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 05:52 PM  
Gams

I'll be 58 next Friday and I feel stiff and sore most days, too. I'm also having more cancer surgery on July 15th, so when I went in for my pre-op check up the other day, I mentioned it to the doctor, who seemed unconcerned, but she did draw a lot of blood, so we will see if that turns up anything.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 06:12 PM  
sherry7899

Gams-sending you hugs. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 06:21 PM  
rosepetals

See if you can get a referral to a rheumatologist. They can check you out for fibromyalgia.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 08:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thanks all who posted originally or followed up! My family practice doctor did take me off Lipitor about 3 weeks ago and I can't tell you how much better I feel. No more constant soreness and stiffness and even what I would have called my "normal" stiffness is so much better.

I have blood drawn tomorrow to see what my cholesterol and triglyceride levels look like and then I have a regular check up with the cardiologist next week. I'm hoping for good numbers because I know he won't be happy that my GP took me off the Lipitor. My weight is a little bit down so that should make him somewhat happy. As my son says, you can never be too thin as far as a cardiologist is concerned!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cholesterol, osteoarthritis