Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-16, 06:29 AM  
Demeris

Aurora, Beyond has given you the most thoughtful and insightful guidance on progressing with T-Tapp that I can imagine.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-16, 07:31 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks Demeris.

Aurora, sorry I wrote an essay...and now want to add one more thing. If results (losing size/gaining strength) is what you are after, sticking to that Instructional as long as you can would be a good idea. I know time is an issue for you, but the good form/alignment is one of the keys to getting the best results with T-Tapp. Those instructional teaches that form, and catches the most common mistakes really well. Try to stay with it as long as your schedule and interest will allow. When you find that you automatically do what T teaches, that might be a good sign you are ready to move on to the regular 15 minute workout, ideally.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-16, 01:10 PM  
Aurora C.

Wow, Beyond! You should work for the company - and get a promotion! Thank you for your brilliant insights! I'm happy to hear more of your success story and take that DVD off your hands if you'll PM me your address for the SASE!

I'm really glad you let me know what I had. I just started the barefoot instruction yesterday and continued with it today. I was unaware that Instructional #1 was supposed to be done exclusively in shoes, and I much prefer doing this kind of exercise barefoot! Now I will follow your genius advice and continue rotating both for as long as it takes for the form to become second nature. I haven't measured yet but I can see a difference already and my BFF, who I saw yesterday, noticed a difference too - even before I mentioned I'd been T-Tapping since the beginning of the week! I'm really astonished how miraculous the results are after just a few days! How in the world has T-Tapp managed to fly so far under the radar? How does the whole world not know about this!?!

And about the form, my BFF says she automatically uses the form while driving, working (she's a massage therapist/esthetician, so a lot of standing over someone who's laying on a table), bar workouts, and whenever she thinks of it in other activities. As a matter of fact, at lunch as we were sitting there, she gave the cues to tuck, chest up, shoulders back, knees to pinky toes and we both noticed our abs automatically engage!

I've been experimenting implementing the form with other activities too, such as spinning and kettlebell swings...anyone else have success incorporating T-Tapp form into other exercise and activities? I'd love to learn more about where it's best applied!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-16, 11:17 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Hey, just sent you a PM. Haha...the thing is, I am currently going through something with my body and I can't do T-Tapp or almost anything else. So all I can do it talk about it and live vicariously through others.

One more thing to keep in mind about T-Tapp - less is more. In the book, she recommends doing a full workout no more than EOD if you aren't doing a bootcamp (and don't do a bootcamp longer than 14 days.) Now, there is some debate about whether or not BWO+ is a full workout. The general recommendation is it it is longer than 20 minutes it is, which puts the instructional in that category, but not the regular workout. The thing to remember is that weightloss/muscle gain happens on the rest day, so that's another reason to consider doing it only EOD. And if you are worried about results, really apply yourself to go to your own personal max while maintaining form when you do it.

Yeah, I get that ab effect too from the list of cues - if I think if it, my body lines up and my abs go in. The thing is, I can't keep it up. And I have found more relaxing techniques of getting my body in alignment throughout the day. But I do go through that checklist when I think I'm going to need some TVA support like if I'm going to pick up something heavy, or take a photo. Especially if I'm going to take a photo! And I use T-Tapp alignment when doing other exercises (lunges come to mind, because I had to stop doing them until I learned the T-Tapp way.) But I think the real value comes from the muscle memory you get from doing it with the DVD.
Old 04-21-16, 10:00 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Hey Aurora, Can you clear you Inbox? (Sorry I have been filling it up.)
Old 04-22-16, 05:42 AM  
Aurora C.

Made some space, didn't realize our inboxes were so limited here!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t-tapp