Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-16, 05:31 PM  
Sara1000

Your best fitness achievement in 2015?

For me it's just getting back to CONSISTENT daily workouts even if it's only walking.

And the realization that at 71 I need more than 48 hours between strength workouts.

My body didn't change much - I still have a good shape with just a LITTLE too much tummy. I am at my college weight but with a higher percentage of fat. I think at my age just maintaining my level of fitness is a good goal.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 05:56 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Being in good-enough shape at 59 to learn how to kayak, and go often! (flat-water, not white-water!)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 06:16 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

After falling two workout days short of 300 in 2014, I promised I'd hit 300 in 2015. I made it and then some: did a workout on 327 of 365 days.
Old 01-01-16, 06:41 PM  
Kitten

Finishing a P90 rotation & a 30 day yoga challenge.
Doing pushups from my toes for the first time ever.
Walking up & down 7 flights of stairs several times a day when the elevators were to full at the last con I went to.
Lugging around huge things of dog food & kitty litter.
Lifting my couch by myself to clean under it.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 07:01 PM  
Pam

I wanted to push my fitness to another level in 2015. I had not definite what that would look like.

I am considering myself successful, as I have consistent at doing my own rotations this year, doing Dream Bodies cardio and weights for strength both at least twice a week and like seeing the results I am getting.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 07:39 PM  
smokybubbles

I'm really proud of the fact that I exercise daily. I missed very few days in 2015 and also walked outside 4 or 5 days a week, along with my morning DVD workout which is 45-60 minutes long. To some people, that might sound like a lot (not my fellow VFers lol) but my workouts make me feel so good and I sleep like a baby. I look forward to my workouts and I feel energized for my workday. My afternoon outside walk is relaxing and refreshes me mentally. I'm grateful everyday that I'm able to do fun workouts I enjoy.
Kathleen
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 08:12 PM  
cherimac

Finishing two barre3 challenges and doing a teaser in Pilates.
Old 01-01-16, 08:27 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Hiking 4.5 miles into and then out of the Grand Canyon.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 08:50 PM  
videofit

Kind of unintentional: Bought a pull up bar for my bedroom doorway last year on the advice of my physical therapist. I was to hang as long as possible to stretch out my back. So I got in the habit of doing that, even for only ten seconds several times a day whenever I thought of it. Then I saw pics of 80+ yr old model Carmen hanging and stretching from her bar as well as doing knee-ups for her abs. So I thought I'd do that, too. It wasn't easy at first but I kept at it, not in an obsessed way or anything. This was all in addition to my regular walking and weights workouts, which I continued as usual.

I had to replace my bathroom light fixture and the new one takes three bulbs so it's nice and bright in my bathroom. Plus I put up a larger mirror from Ikea. I was shocked to see I now have new muscle definition in my upper chest, shoulders and upper back that I never had before, even doing heavier weights!

Next goal is to pull myself up and hold for as long as possible for each rep.
Old 01-01-16, 09:50 PM  
isebelleg44

Continuing to be consistent with yoga. It has made a world of difference in how my body feels and how I feel mentally. I have learned that even only 20 minutes can have a positive impact.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accomplishments, dollar per workout, fitness achievements, fitness achivements