Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-15, 11:09 PM  
sherylb

Thanks for your detailed response, I think I understand.

Her workout looks hard, so I could do it with the xstrong just not as fast and not as many reps. Don't think I could get past the warm-up at this point

So the xstrong still seems like a good compromise between toning and bouncing.
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 11:25 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylb View Post
Thanks for your detailed response, I think I understand.

Her workout looks hard, so I could do it with the xstrong just not as fast and not as many reps. Don't think I could get past the warm-up at this point

So the xstrong still seems like a good compromise between toning and bouncing.
You just invested a lot of money on your new Bellicon and it's understandable if you want to use one set of cords. I've always felt the X-strong is a good compromise. And yes, Arnita's workouts are definitely not a walk in the park!

Quote:
Is this the reason that the DVD that it comes with is a series of 10 minute segments?
Have you tried the twins' 20 minute beginner's workout? This is from another Bellicon DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuujTQ4amA
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 07:37 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
I have another question for you....

I did a Leslie 2 mile workout on the rebounder which was difficult and I can normally do 4 miles on the floor. Free style bouncing/jogging is difficult after 5-10 minutes and I am sweating. My butt is pretty sore today so I know I have been working. Are my bands too firm, should this be easier?

Is this the reason that the DVD that it comes with is a series of 10 minute segments?
I remember reading in other threads that others have had the exact experience you're having - that doing a Leslie workout on the rebounder is much harder than on the floor, so don't feel bad!! When I first got mine a few weeks ago, I couldn't believe how hard it was at first too! At first I was only on it 5-10 minutes and had to get off, but this week I worked up to a 45 min workout, and only had to take a break once (to go pee, ha ha!) So, I definitely have seen improvement quickly, and I'm sure you will too!

Spotted Zebra is right - it's like running in sand vs running on a solid surface - it's definitely harder on sand. The stronger the bands, the easier it is to keep up with fast-moving workouts. And I agree with you when you said that the X-Strong feels like the best compromise between toning and jumping. Hth
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 12:25 PM  
sherylb

Just did the 20 minute beginner workout and I could do the whole thing!! There's hope Thanks again
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 10:18 AM  
cyana

So happy to hear you're enjoying your new Bellicon!!

Mixed cords....haven't seen those, but what a fun idea.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 10:51 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Just did the 20 minute beginner workout and I could do the whole thing!! There's hope Thanks again
So happy you found a workout that works for you. So, my 39" and 44" Bellicons have the x-strong bungee cords and I love the bounce on both of those. My two 49" Bellicons, I changed them to alternating between an ultra and an x-strong bungee cords. I love the bounce on the 49" ones, too. By alternating between the x-strong and ultra bungee cords, it just made for a firmer bounce. I can still get I high bounce going on it, too.

Keep at the bouncing and jogging on your rebounder. Try to do it daily if you can. Increase your time everyday by just 5 minutes and you will see how much stronger you will get. If you feel like getting in other workouts, I have a YouTube channel with my own videos. I started this about 6 weeks ago and have come a long way since I started filming. I do lots on the rebounder that isn't even any bouncing, but strength work on it at lots of different angles and variations. Take a look if you want to try out something else. I do have a Cardio Beginner video on there, too. Here is the link
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng

Cheryl
Old 06-13-15, 11:20 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Mixed cords....haven't seen those, but what a fun idea.
So far Bellicon's website only lists 4 bungee color combinations - blue and silver, black and silver, blue and green, & black and green. There are lots more possibilities (nothing with orange or pink yet) but the website is still under construction. I'm thinking of asking for a mix of blue and pink cords next time.

Quote:
Yay! It's fun isn't it, jumping for longer periods of time. It gives me the biggest high. Even just doing the health bounce (where your feet don't leave the mat) can extend your sessions in the beginning and you still feel great afterwards.

Sheryl, in case you're curious here are links to other parts of Bellicon's original DVD with Katherine and Kimberly from Pilates on Fifth.

10 Min Balance and Coordination Workout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rxrX9CJdWY

25 Min Advanced Workout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c64NRaNBdY

10 Min Advanced Workout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSM3tRmTfxY

Stretch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmWS5l9q34

Cheryl's videos on her Youtube channel are great!
Old 06-13-15, 11:23 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
By alternating between the x-strong and ultra bungee cords, it just made for a firmer bounce. I can still get I high bounce going on it, too.
Cheryl
That's exactly what I've been wanting to do lately - alternate Ultras with X-Strong. It'll help me with my balance issues when I'm jumping on one foot I'm thinking.
Old 06-14-15, 07:05 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have another question for you....

I did a Leslie 2 mile workout on the rebounder which was difficult and I can normally do 4 miles on the floor. Free style bouncing/jogging is difficult after 5-10 minutes and I am sweating. My butt is pretty sore today so I know I have been working. Are my bands too firm, should this be easier?

My experience has been that the stronger the bungee, the easier the workout. I have strong and Ultra. When I switched to the Ultra bungees I was able to keep up and I wasn't quite as worn out . But don't get me wrong...... It was still a heck of a workout and seems much more intense than on the floor .

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, mini trampoline, rebounders, rebounding