Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-13, 02:51 PM  
noodles

I accomplished a few things this year:
1) actually completed three 1-month Cathe rotations when I normally have exercise ADD
2) Realized I love heavy weights
3) Bought a spinning bike and love it - despite the fact that I've never enjoyed bike riding but took a chance on a joint friendly mode of fitness
4) learned to start taking one stretch/ yoga day per week - it's still a work in progress as I'm so used to going hard 7 days/ week but finally realized my body appreciated the rest
5) completed a 30 day challenge of sticking to my gluten and sugar free d**t, as I am sensitive to both, while sticking to a fitness rotation - results were a loss of 6 pounds/ 9 inches after having a year's plateau - only 4 more pounds to reach my goal!
Can't wait for 2014!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:01 PM  
Ann1964

Love this thread & so motivating
I have nothing to report other than a sweet LAB puppy found my house and she is my baby. She is around 11 months old. She makies me happy.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:03 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann1964 View Post
I have nothing to report other than a sweet LAB puppy found my house and she is my baby. She is around 11 months old. She makies me happy.
OMG! You found love! How amazing is that!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:05 PM  
Ann1964

She found my house back in April and she is so fun. Thanks'
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:10 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

2013: Kept working out after lumpectomy (small lump found during my very first "baseline" mammogram) and 6 weeks of radiation. I ran the Komen 5K (and then walked the course immediately after with friends and family) two days after starting radiation. Did another 5K halfway through, and yet another 5K race two weeks after finishing.

Without my 22 years of working out to videos, surgery and stupid radiation probably would have knocked me down. Yay for VF! And for the Breast Cancer Check-in ladies as well as the Prenatal/Postpartum Forever group.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:31 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
2013: Kept working out after lumpectomy (small lump found during my very first "baseline" mammogram) and 6 weeks of radiation. I ran the Komen 5K (and then walked the course immediately after with friends and family) two days after starting radiation. Did another 5K halfway through, and yet another 5K race two weeks after finishing.

Without my 22 years of working out to videos, surgery and stupid radiation probably would have knocked me down. Yay for VF! And for the Breast Cancer Check-in ladies as well as the Prenatal/Postpartum Forever group.
That's fantastic. I'm so sorry you had to go through this but what a great attitude. Hope you have a healthy 2014.

And, a puppy does translate to fitness. The experts say it lowers blood pressure and increases happiness. We also move more because we have to take those lovable guys and gals out and on walks. So, congratulations, Ann.

For all of you who are sharing your accomplishments, thank you. They truly inspire me. You guys ROCK!
Old 12-20-13, 03:37 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Posted above, my year does sound more like an accomplishment than the utter drag I've thought of it as so far. Three 5Ks during radiation. What was I thinking?! They were fun.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 04:08 PM  
lrb04

on everyone here!!!! My biggest accomplishment ever is finding out that besides my cardio & strength workouts is flexibility & importance of stretching!! I started early this year & have added this to my routine almost day! Suffice to say I have increased flexibility & have less pain!! I can stretch now where I never thought I could before! I need to keep this going for life & I learned the importance not just helping improve my workouts but my whole life!!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 09:16 PM  
Leonana

Awesome accomplishments everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I am 63, I did JMBR twice this year, finishing at the weeks 9/10 mark. The second time, I added a 20 minute Firm Express to make a 50 minute workout.
I was very proud to be able to do these workouts.
After the rotation, my bp was 117/71.
so that was a big win.
I also feel I am stronger, tighter and have nice muscles indents.
I also did strong strides diligently and am really hard in the lower body.
next year: I would like to have a go at Cathe STS or a Cathe rotation I stretch daily.

I have a different mindset going into a JMBR -like bring it JM! like I am tough, lol.. In real life, I am never going to be an "after" but I am going to be strong and flexible
I'm 54, and wondered what the future holds wrt exercise. Reading your post is so inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann1964 View Post
That is amazing! Sounds like she chose the right house!
Old 12-21-13, 04:09 AM  
iheartsts

Great thread...Everyone's accomplishments are so awesome and inspiring! Congrats to all.

Last year and this year have been very stressful due to DH major illness, and also lost my dog to cancer in the middle of taking care of DH's health issues...then got a new rambunctious puppy...and because of everything I was dealing with, I stopped exercising regularly, and felt myself spiralling out of control mentally and physically.

I finally decided this summer that enough was enough, and I had to start taking better care of myself. I forced myself to start exercising. Daily. Even if I didn't feel like it. Even if I didn't have a lot of time. No excuses. I got a bunch of new workouts for inspiration, and finally got back to a place where I look forward to working out again.

I could lose about 8 to 10 lbs, which I've been trying to get rid of for a couple years...and tightening up my eating will take care of that...but working out regularly has helped my stress levels immensely. I feel better physically, and mentally as well, because I'm doing something positive for myself. I'm super proud of myself for getting back on track.

DH's health is still slowly declining, and every day is a new challenge, but working out is keeping me strong to be able to face what life has in store.

Exercise is a powerful and wonderful thing.

Tags
accomplishments, fitness achievements, last 10 pounds, outdoor walking, successful weight loss, weight loss