Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-13, 07:52 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Thumbs down Why do instructors bash each other??

I just read this exchange between Jennifer Galardi and Ashley Borden on Twitter: https://twitter.com/livWhole/status/371821827271561216

A while back Jen also made an obscure comment regarding the "dangers" of barre workouts.

I love Jen's workouts and she is not the only instructor bashing other instructors/methods but I must say I hate this trend. These types of comments tend to negatively affect my attitude toward the instructor making them, not the object of their derision!

What about you?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:14 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I don't think Jen and Ashley are trash-talking each other. They sound like they're joking around.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:15 AM  
suegy3

I didn't read the post link that you provided but I hate the bashing. The latest that was mentioned here was Lauren Brooks bashing Dasha's kettlebell kickboxing. I think that it's so juvenile.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:18 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I don't think Jen and Ashley are trash-talking each other. They sound like they're joking around.
That's how I took it too, initially. I actually think that they were bashing TA, which seems to be more and more common these days. I personally won't do that but as you say, Fuzzie, it seems to be happening more and more~even here at VF. I wonder what happened to the old "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all?"
Old 08-26-13, 08:19 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
They're not trash-talking each other. They absolutely were slamming TA. See the picture posted.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:24 AM  
Gams

I don't see a trend of this at all. As a matter of fact, I never realized how many instructors are friends with each other. Petra Kolber has at least 10 or 12 instructors that post regularly on her facebook page and I think she even vacationed with a couple (Lisa Wheeler, maybe???? Can't remember.)

That being said, instructors are as human as anyone else and I'm sure from time to time they make negative comments about someone - as we all do.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:29 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
They're not trash-talking each other. They absolutely were slamming TA. See the picture posted.
Ugh. I really hate these posts and I think they come from envy. The trend seems to be to go after anyone who is getting good press or developing significant market share. TA is definitely deep inside a lot of markets right now and probably outsells these relative unknowns 1,000 to 1.

It doesn't make me at all interested in their workouts--quite the opposite.

Still, I'm sure TA is crying all the way to the bank!
Old 08-26-13, 08:31 AM  
suegy3

Oh, I just read the link. Wow! They are totally bashing TA! So snarky! Was that necessary?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:32 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I do think they were bashing TA and not each other. I also don't like it when instructors talk trash about each other, even if I may agree (privately) with some of the sentiments. It's unprofessional IMO.

HOWEVER, I strongly disagree with the idea that only pleasant comments should be made about instructors on this forum. It is completely appropriate IMHO for posters here to post that they don't like a particular workout/method/instructor as long as it is respectful. What's the point of even having a consumer forum if you can't voice your comments, whether positive or negative? I come here for people's opinions, whether they show warts or are a shower of flowers and rainbows.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 08:37 AM  
hotncmom

Wow, I thought I liked Jennifer Galardi but that was just immature. Like a couple of junior varsity cheerleaders talking trash about the head cheerleader. This is not only insulting to TA, but to those that like her workouts as well.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ashley borden, jennifer galardi, pearl clutching, snark, tracy anderson, twitter