Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-13, 08:12 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I got it at whole foods. I think it was about 6$ for one ounce (aura cacia brand. It may have been more, but I seriously doubt I would have bought it if it had been over 9 dollars).

The label says it's 100% pure and organic.
That seems a small price but I'm not going to fight it. I need something. I hate paying the shipping on a small jar so I'll try whole foods until I get more money. I'll definitely get the tropical traditions moisturizer also.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 10:44 PM  
DonnaMarie

I believe in Dermalogica products. I also asked for a Clarisonic skin cleanser for Christmas but not before checking with a skin expert (I can't spell esthitician) My skin is 66 years old and I am very careful.
Old 01-01-13, 10:48 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

how did it work DonnaMarie. are the bristles soft?

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-01-13, 11:03 PM  
nairie

Cheryl,

Did you like using the coconut oil on your face? Did it help? I used to put a lot of olive oil on my face, which I know is kinda thick but I feel it's good for the skin.

I've also used coconut oil on my face (as well as eating it!!) and sweet almond oil (which I think has vitamin E oil). I used to use these stuff at night and my face felt soft and "nourished" in the morning!
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 11:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Hi Nairie, I enjoy the Coconut oil on my face. When it first goes on, ya, it's greasy but after awhile, it soaks in lovely. I had tried but didn't stay with it long enough is Avocado oil. That's suppose to also be good for maturing skin. Sweet Almond is good but I thought it was too light.

I don't get how come the people that live in those countries where this oll comes from always has such nice skin, at any age. but we try to put it on and it's like mud.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-01-13, 11:08 PM  
DonnaMarie

Clarisonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
how did it work DonnaMarie. are the bristles soft?
The bristles are very soft. My skin lady said to use it every other day because my skin is so sensitive. I use it with Dermalogica exfoliant which is a very soft rice powder product. So far, so good....
Old 01-01-13, 11:29 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Weezy, I used to love the Oil of Olay, the Pink Moisturizer. That worked amazingly well for me.

I wanted to get away from Beauty products that had so much crap in them. If I could find something in Whole foods like Olay, I'd be happy.
I used to love the pink Oil of Olay, but also want to get away from petroleum based products. I currently use Aubrey Organics Rose Mosqueta moisturizer after the matching toner. I also really like Dr. Hauschka Quince Day cream. Very rich. (also pricey, but worth the money.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 11:34 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

where are those found Beyond Omega? I like reading labels.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-02-13, 12:33 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream I use with Facial Toner (spraying the toner first) to make it feel less greasy on my skin.

Aubrey Organics Rose Mosqueta Moisturizer Again, starting with the toner helps it feel good on my skin.

I usually buy my body care products from http://www.vitaminlife.com, but one *major* downside to them is they don't always list the label information on their site. Also, I first purchased both of those products from Whole Foods, and they are staples in the inventory, so you should be able to find them there. The sales people at Whole Foods might be able to tell you more about both of those lines as well.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 10:16 AM  
dsa3

LOVE these threads!!

2 big discoveries for me this year (I am 51.)

Clean my face with organic, raw honey - it is not sticky at all and my face feels plump and moisturized. Look this up as it has antibacterial and humectant properites.

Grape seed oil - I moisturize my whole body with it. I put it on write out of the shower when my body is damp. Amazing! Works great on my face, too.

No dryness for me anymore - and no chemicals.
dsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips, clarisonic, gum surgery, natural skin care, off-topic, paula's choice, skin care