Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-13, 06:47 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I don't remember it being in the actual beauty thread but there was a dry shampoo discussion going on. Suave is decent for the price at the drugstore but Batiste is hands down the best brand I have ever used and it is still affordable. It can be a little difficult to find in stores (in my area I can only find it locally in one store, I would imagine in a bigger city it would be easier) but it is pretty widely available online. Drugstore.com has it and that's who I buy it from since I order my cleaning supplies there too. It is way better than even high end brands I have tried and worth the hunt.

I love this thread too, I'm looking forward to participating in it this year unlike last year!

Lara
Thank you, Lara
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 06:49 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Becky, Besides workouts, makeup, skincare and hair stuff is my other addiction/hobby
I understand! I wouldn't say I"m addicted to hair products and cosmetics because I don't spend a lot of money of the stuff but I am always on the lookout for new products.......especially skin care for women over fifty.
Old 01-01-13, 06:49 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Ponds is still a Favorite. I used to use their cold cream every day on my legs. I remember one with a green cap for something. I tried Burts Bees stuff and that didn't work.

I'll look over the Ponds line again.
Thank you.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 06:51 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

where is the Weezy Post. It's in my email but not here?

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-01-13, 07:03 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Currently, I'm using argan oil under Weleda's wild rose mosqueta night cream (I use it in the daytime).
Where did you find good Argan oil? is it pure and how much was it?

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-01-13, 07:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Weezy, I used to love the Oil of Olay, the Pink Moisturizer. That worked amazingly well for me.

I wanted to get away from Beauty products that had so much crap in them. If I could find something in Whole foods like Olay, I'd be happy.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-01-13, 07:18 PM  
hypnomoon

I have a beauty blog. Can I shamelessly plug it here?

I just did 5 laser hair removals at a med spa. I got a deal with Groupon, 6 treatments for $99. Somewhere down the line the business got bought out and now are renigging on their deal. I still got 5 treatments and I'm happy I got that. Groupon, so the spa told me, is supposed to have emailed me to give me a partial refund. Nothing done yet. But, the point is, I got great results having laser hair removal.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 07:30 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I use Kae argan oil. You can get it from Amazon. I got a really big pump bottle of it (16.9 ounces) for around 118 bucks--16.9 ounces. I still have a lot left and it has lasted a long time! Of course you can get it in much smaller sizes too.

I use it all over. I like it because it is sort of a 'dry' oil, if that makes sense--not wet and heavy like olive oil. It does have a sort of a nutty smell; I like it, but some people don't. This is an oil that can also be used as a food product.

In winter I definitely use skin products with more oomph than during the rest of the year. When it gets really cold and windy, I use an unscented moisturizing cream from Tropical Traditions. It is coconut oil-based, but not greasy. It takes about a minute to fully sink in, and I am left with very soft and smooth skin. I use it on my face, neck, and decolletage. It comes in different scents, but I use the unscented because I don't like wearing scented skin products.

Sometimes in winter I do use coconut oil on my body--Tropical Traditions coconut oil is the very best I have ever bought. It comes in different grades. I use their gold label virgin coconut oil for everything (body oil and as a food product), but they have very good expeller-pressed oil if you don't want to get the gold label oil.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 07:59 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

BETSY - I use them too!!! Love their creamed coconut in my smoothies. I have the extra virgin coconut also. What I just did was have a shower and then I put on my whipped Shea butter and coconut oil. I love theirs ans won't get any other. ,once I watched their video I wanted to support how they get it here. I just may get a jar of that since you've used it and it has their good coconut oil in it.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-01-13, 08:01 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I got it at whole foods. I think it was about 6$ for one ounce (aura cacia brand. It may have been more, but I seriously doubt I would have bought it if it had been over 9 dollars).

The label says it's 100% pure and organic.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips, clarisonic, gum surgery, natural skin care, off-topic, paula's choice, skin care