Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-13, 12:58 AM  
MARIKA

Beauty Thread 2013

Ok I'm starting this off with the Tria Laser Hair removal device. I think I'm biting from QVC. Does anyone have this? You get 90 days to try it.
Old 01-01-13, 07:23 AM  
Demeris

I have this one, which works wonderfully (you do need to stock up on replacement bulbs, unless you're not very hirsute):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 11:05 AM  
killoffsonny

I don't have anything to add........yet. But this is always one of my favorite threads on this forum. Thanks for starting us off!!
Old 01-01-13, 12:59 PM  
MARIKA

Becky, Besides workouts, makeup, skincare and hair stuff is my other addiction/hobby
Old 01-01-13, 03:18 PM  
Demeris

This is always my favorite forum thread, too.

I can't find the 2012 thread, and toward the end, there was discussion of dry shampoo. Someone recommended a cheap one from the drugstore. Does anyone remember the brand?
Old 01-01-13, 04:35 PM  
Fit Mommy

I have the tria laser and in my personal opinion it is not nearly as powerful as the lasers in the salons, however...some people love it! I got way better results going to a salon in my city.
Fit Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 04:45 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

as we age, do you think water is really all that is needed in the winter time or do you also thing we need a moisturizer? I used some Coconut oil on my face today because I was feeling like paper. Very dry. I put the crock pot of water in the bedroom for moisture but my face does not feel as glidy silky as it does in the summer.

So do you all change moisturizers for winter or at night? and if so what do you use.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 05:48 PM  
weezy

I am 49 and still have oily skin, but I still use a moisturizer every morning and night. I do this every day. I use Olay products. In the morning I use the Regenerist Micro Sculping Serum. I let that sink in then I apply Olay Complete Lotion for combination/oily skin w/spf 15. At night in the warmer months I use the Regenerist Night resurfacing elixir. Right now I still use the elixir, but I alternate weeks with the micro sculpting cream fragrance free. The elixir is wonderful to me. I still break out occasionally, and when I apply that at night the next morning no breakout. Who would think that at my age and even being post-menopausal that I would still get a zit?
And yes personally I think that every woman even those like me that tend to be more on the oily side still need to use a moisturizer. I didn't used to and my skin is so much softer and smoother now that I do.
weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 05:59 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
This is always my favorite forum thread, too.

I can't find the 2012 thread, and toward the end, there was discussion of dry shampoo. Someone recommended a cheap one from the drugstore. Does anyone remember the brand?
I don't remember it being in the actual beauty thread but there was a dry shampoo discussion going on. Suave is decent for the price at the drugstore but Batiste is hands down the best brand I have ever used and it is still affordable. It can be a little difficult to find in stores (in my area I can only find it locally in one store, I would imagine in a bigger city it would be easier) but it is pretty widely available online. Drugstore.com has it and that's who I buy it from since I order my cleaning supplies there too. It is way better than even high end brands I have tried and worth the hunt.

I love this thread too, I'm looking forward to participating in it this year unlike last year!

Lara
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 06:46 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
as we age, do you think water is really all that is needed in the winter time or do you also thing we need a moisturizer? I used some Coconut oil on my face today because I was feeling like paper. Very dry. I put the crock pot of water in the bedroom for moisture but my face does not feel as glidy silky as it does in the summer.

So do you all change moisturizers for winter or at night? and if so what do you use.
In my late 40's, I started to need a good moisturizer, and I really liked Ponds (don't laugh, it's good stuff).

Currently, I'm using argan oil under Weleda's wild rose mosqueta night cream (I use it in the daytime).

Tags
aging, beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips, clarisonic, gum surgery, natural skin care, off-topic, paula's choice, skin care