Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-12, 10:29 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Another workout that fits what you are looking for is is Mike Donavanik's Extreme Burn (his first w/o). Collage - $14.99

There are 2 w/os on the DVD (42 and 46 minutes).

I've done the DVD quite a bit and always am drenched by the time I'm done just doing w/o #1.

The the first w/o and is a w/u, circuit with dbs (you will sweat a lot), cardio (some jumping lunges but not many), another circuit w/ DBs and then abs.

If you stopped after the w/u, circuit and cardio, you would be under 25 minutes...if you stopped after the same + the 2nd circuit, you would be really close to 30 minutes.

He talks a lot but I find him really motivating.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 01:03 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
Another workout that fits what you are looking for is is Mike Donavanik's Extreme Burn (his first w/o). Collage - $14.99

There are 2 w/os on the DVD (42 and 46 minutes).

I've done the DVD quite a bit and always am drenched by the time I'm done just doing w/o #1.

The the first w/o and is a w/u, circuit with dbs (you will sweat a lot), cardio (some jumping lunges but not many), another circuit w/ DBs and then abs.

If you stopped after the w/u, circuit and cardio, you would be under 25 minutes...if you stopped after the same + the 2nd circuit, you would be really close to 30 minutes.

He talks a lot but I find him really motivating.
Thanks for reminding me of these. I looked at them a while back and, for some reason I can't remember, ended up going for something else.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 06:32 AM  
anne

For the Firm Express set--when I added it to the other classes/dvds/walking I was doing I dropped pounds quickly but I was doing two of the 20 minute workouts together for a 40 minute workout (along with other exercise on other days). I enjoyed most of the express set workouts.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 01:45 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
I like FIRM Express but really only find myself using Kelsie's and the bonus workouts because I prefer heavier weights if I'm only working out for a short time. A really good 35 minute DVD is Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days to a Better Body:http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...tter-body-5591 There are 2 workouts on there that can be alternated. I also really like Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 -- the segments can easily be combined. If you like Whitmarsh, I would also recommend Barry's Bootcamp. Barry can be irritating, but the workouts are short and effective.

Hope that helps!

Ronnee
Ronnee, thanks for recommending the Cindy Whitmarsh DVD. I've not seen this one before and it looks really good and has great reviews. As an added bonus, I can pick it up really cheaply at Amazon UK.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 03:19 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Ronnee, thanks for recommending the Cindy Whitmarsh DVD. I've not seen this one before and it looks really good and has great reviews. As an added bonus, I can pick it up really cheaply at Amazon UK.

Emma
You're welcome! It's a definite keeper and effective too.

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 08:46 PM  
lhartness

Firm Express

I did the Firm Express this summer and really liked it! Here are my 4 weeks of posts, chronicling each workout:

http://calicocritic.blogspot.com/p/t...m-express.html

They are kind of frenetic, but I got used to it. And ultimately I didn't just do the 20 minute workouts alone. I just felt like I wasn't doing enough, at least for me. I don't know how people would get super-amazing results with only 20 minutes, even though they're high quality. I started adding on the bonus workouts, and some other shorter ones from other Firm DVDs. The new Time Crunch Cardio has a GREAT 10 minute download track that's great as an add-on, which just came out recently.

Reviews & Giveaways of Videos/Books/Movies/Etc. on my blog The Calico Critic

By God's grace, no longer 248!
lhartness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm express, firm express results, pace, pace express