Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-11, 08:13 AM  
brfdeb

I also think if you're used to going to a chiropractor they seem to help. I have been going since I was a kid. I usually only go when I sleep wrong, or do something to myself. I also think that some people are easier to adjust than others. All of my chiropractors have told me that I'm pretty easy to get back into adjustment.

It's also helpful to know if the problems are skeletal or muscular. I know from my experience, if it's a skeletal problem, I'll go see the chiropractor, and if it's muscular, I'll go see a massage therapist.

Deb
brfdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 01:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfdeb View Post
It's also helpful to know if the problems are skeletal or muscular. I know from my experience, if it's a skeletal problem, I'll go see the chiropractor, and if it's muscular, I'll go see a massage therapist.
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I am particularly interested in the above...how do you know??? I've been having low back pain for almost a month now; I assume I strained it somehow, but I have no idea what I did, so I'm not sure if it's muscular or skeletal.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 03:29 PM  
trixie108

Beth, when I was having the back pain this thread referenced, it was a shooting pain I was feeling. Certain movements or positions made it slightly better, but it really hurt all the time - I couldn't get relief from advil, massage, stretching, etc. I also felt like I was walking funny because something was out of whack.

When I get muscle soreness in my back, advil, streching and massage all help to some extent. You know when you have sore quads, and you rub them out and they feel better? Like that. With the skeletal pain, no amount of rubbing helped. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 01-26-12, 04:02 PM  
MollyC

I second seeing an orthopod. It sounds like a really bad strain but if you are having radicular pain or paresthesias of any kind you need to get checked out. A disc disruption is another possibility.

I'm not a fan of chiropractic but even if I were, I would stop all chiro treatment until you see an M.D.
MollyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back adjustments, back pain, chiropractor, chiropractors, pain