Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-11, 12:05 PM  
desertMermaid

Question Dance Cardio Recommendations

I'm looking for some fun, high energy dance cardio workouts. I am choreographically challenged and I have a small workout space, but I tend to be fairly good at modifying for my space.

What are your favorite dance cardio workouts? What are ones you disliked and why? I'm pretty open minded, I just want something fun, with good energy and good music, that will give me a good workout with out really realizing it until I'm covered in sweat.

TIA!
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 12:13 PM  
txfitmom

I like anything by Jennifer Galardi, Billy Blanks Jr. or Petra Kolber. I have a lot of their workouts and they are all fun!

I also like Disco Abs...has really great disco music and great moves which concentrates more on the ab and hip area.

Also, like Hip Hop Abs...pretty easy to follow and fun. I don't have it, but heard that Rockin Body is good too.

I have a couple of older Paula Abdul dance videos...they move a little faster in the choreography, but have fun music.

Dance Off The Inches has some fun ones, I really like Sizzling Salsa.

Crunch Cardio Salsa is another good one.

I also like my Yoga Booty Ballet workouts for a slightly different fun dance oriented workout...Latin Flavor, Hip Hop Abs, and Cardio Cabaret.

There are not many dance workouts that I have not liked, but I do tend to not like the ones that move too fast or where the instructor does not cue well.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 12:13 PM  
Sissy B

Do you have a Wii? Just Dance and Just Dance 2 are a lot of fun.

I also like Disco Sweat with Richard Simmons and the Disco Abs set with Cheryl Burke.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 12:14 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Do you have a Wii? Just Dance and Just Dance 2 are a lot of fun.

I also like Disco Sweat with Richard Simmons and the Disco Abs set with Cheryl Burke.

~Sissy B
No Wii. So I have to stick with DVDs for now.
Old 02-21-11, 12:16 PM  
topfitmama

The Firm Cardio Dance Fusion. I love it!

Also, check out Jennifer Galardi's dance workouts on Exercise TV to get an idea of her "groove". You can try these out for free, and the downloads are reduced right now.
http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-vid...ve-n-burn-3540
Not exactly cardio dance, but still has a dancey feel and will make you sweat (plust your abs burn!) is this one: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-vid...ncers-abs-8792

I really like this one from Lia Montelongo. 20 minutes, easy to pick up and I broke into a sweat doing it.
http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/p-276...-download.aspx
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 12:19 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
I like anything by Jennifer Galardi, Billy Blanks Jr. or Petra Kolber. I have a lot of their workouts and they are all fun!

I also like Disco Abs...has really great disco music and great moves which concentrates more on the ab and hip area.

Also, like Hip Hop Abs...pretty easy to follow and fun. I don't have it, but heard that Rockin Body is good too.

I have a couple of older Paula Abdul dance videos...they move a little faster in the choreography, but have fun music.

Dance Off The Inches has some fun ones, I really like Sizzling Salsa.

Crunch Cardio Salsa is another good one.

I also like my Yoga Booty Ballet workouts for a slightly different fun dance oriented workout...Latin Flavor, Hip Hop Abs, and Cardio Cabaret.

There are not many dance workouts that I have not liked, but I do tend to not like the ones that move too fast or where the instructor does not cue well.

Petra Kolber is a name I hear alot, but I've never done any of her stuff. Which are her best ones?

I agree that DOTI has some really fun ones, I think Fat burning Belly dance is my favorite of that series, followed by Sizzling Salsa.

What is the cheese factor of Yoga Booty Ballet and Hip Hop Abs? I mean I don't mind a little cheese infact I welcome a little bit of cheese, but I can't tolerate TOOO much

I'll add Disco Abs to my wish list, hopefully someone is trading it.
Old 02-21-11, 12:21 PM  
mj476

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
Petra Kolber is a name I hear alot, but I've never done any of her stuff. Which are her best ones?

I agree that DOTI has some really fun ones, I think Fat burning Belly dance is my favorite of that series, followed by Sizzling Salsa.

What is the cheese factor of Yoga Booty Ballet and Hip Hop Abs? I mean I don't mind a little cheese infact I welcome a little bit of cheese, but I can't tolerate TOOO much

Petra's 3-2-1 Dance is fun and not the hard to pick up the choreography. There are some turns which you can decide to do or not. I think Petra is more of a modifier in this and she has another backgrounder doing the more advanced moves.

Marcy
Old 02-21-11, 01:03 PM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post

For Petra's I like Cardio For Beginners (has a dance segment), Bootcamp Boogie, and I still have them on my wish list but I have heard that Just Dance and 321 Dance are good too. She also has that 10 Minute Solution one but I have not tried that one.

I don't find Yoga Booty Ballet too cheesy. If you don't like the yoga part, which is just a short segment at the beginning, you can skip that part. I like the YBB series because the workouts are fun, easy to follow, and they have good toning segments for the legs, abs, and butt.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 01:35 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
I don't find Yoga Booty Ballet too cheesy. If you don't like the yoga part, which is just a short segment at the beginning, you can skip that part. I like the YBB series because the workouts are fun, easy to follow, and they have good toning segments for the legs, abs, and butt.

I see on Amazon, there are lots of different YBB videos. Which ones are your favorites?
Old 02-21-11, 01:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

We've had lots of dance workout threads here at VF. Probably some of these will give you add'l suggestions: http://forum.videofitness.com/search...archid=1749344
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dance, dance cardio, dance workouts, disco abs, jennifer galardi