Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-09, 12:17 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Make up sure is persnikity isn't it? so many to try and all the claims of this. Nothing can really anti age ya. If you go them you go them, at least in my humble opinion. i think people should use what just doesn't go in the cracks or if that's possible. And for all sakes, don't smather it on thick as it looks worse. We have a few ladies at my job that still wear eye liner, pencil like someone beat them up. It's horrible. They both have wrinkles and for the life of me I can't see why they don't see this does not look good. It looks like someone after someone smeared their face with a napkin.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 02:37 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice
I'd like to know what are your favorite eye creams. It seems everytime I get an anti-aging one, I look worse!

TIA
Patrice
Avon Anew Perfect Eye Care Cream - day

Avon Anew Retroactive Serum - night
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 03:16 PM  
ivorygorgon

Is there anything at all that really works for "age spots"? I have a few on my face and they are really starting to bother me. I did try the Paula Begoun stuff and not only did it smell absolutely terrible, it really did nothing. I am considering some micro dermabrasion, but I think it is pretty pricey and I am concerned that it really work. Oh, and I DO use sunscreen daily.
ivorygorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 03:38 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Count me in as another BE convert. I tried it a few years ago and it didn't work for me. Now I'm almost 42 and I guess my skin has changed and I absolutely love it. I have tried every major brand - Bobbi, Lancome, Clinique, Shiseido, Laura Mercier, etc., and couldn't 1) get the right color and 2) stand the heavy, oily feel, even if I used oil free.

Best foundation combo is BE Bisque dusted with a slightly damp full coverage brush followed with BE foundation.

Best eye shadow concealer : Urban Decay

Best rich brown eyeliner: Revlon Blackberry

Best brown eyeshadow combo: BE Camp with Everyday Minerals In the Garden on top.

Best glosses: Bobbi Brown. Nice colors and NO smell or taste. I love MAC's colors, but can't stand the taste.

Best makeup primer/spf - MAC Primer with 50 SPF. Great zinc oxide based sunscreen. I've discovered that the avobenzone causes breakouts.

My HG mascara is the Chanel Exceptionnel. Hands down the best mascara I've ever used.

For my over 40, combination, prone-to-break-out skin I've found a combination of Paula's Choice BHA 2% gel mixed with a drop of Retin-A keeps me clear of hormonal breakouts.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 03:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Microderm abrasion is for taking off dead skin, like a read deep cleaning. I don't think you can do anything but use a concealer to cover an age spot as that is pigment related. I've had microderm and loved it. Now use the Neutrogena one and its great..

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 04:04 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorygorgon
Is there anything at all that really works for "age spots"? I have a few on my face and they are really starting to bother me. I did try the Paula Begoun stuff and not only did it smell absolutely terrible, it really did nothing. I am considering some micro dermabrasion, but I think it is pretty pricey and I am concerned that it really work. Oh, and I DO use sunscreen daily.
I have heard that you need an Rx from your derm for this. Sorry, I don't recall what the stuff is called but it allegedly works - hydroquinone or something like that.
Old 01-02-09, 04:15 PM  
RachelleS

I can't remember if I posted this on 2008 or not - I am loving the gel eyeliners from camerareadycosmetics dot com. My favorite is emerald and my next favorite is Tidal Wave. I also have peacock and the brown. The next time I order I am getting the scuba blue color. I ordered blackcherry and black for my daughter who has hazel/brown eyes. I also really like the angled eyeliner brush from that site.

The acne skincare line at Daybreak Lavendar Farms has really been helping with my cystic type breakouts. Between my eyes and my chin use to be awful. Now I have scarring though in those areas . My dermatologist gave me a perscription a couple of weeks ago for some wipes so I just started using those at night.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 05:10 PM  
SuzanneM
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko
I have heard that you need an Rx from your derm for this. Sorry, I don't recall what the stuff is called but it allegedly works - hydroquinone or something like that.
I got an Rx from my doctor for melasma (brown patches/spots) on my face. She had me try Tri-Luma, and in my case, insurance covered it. You are supposed to use it for 3 months and then take a break from it.

YOU WILL PEEL. I had to scale back to using it literally once a week. I put on the cream and literally, in 2 days, MAJOR skin peeling. I thought my skin would "get used" to it, but it hasn't happened. It did help with the spots, BUT if you don't use a high SPF during the day, they will come right back.

My next venture is Renova...maybe it's less irritating.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 06:26 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I also tried Tri-luma with decent results. I find that the best thing is putting at least 30 spf on my face every day.

Hydroquinone does work. It's in Paula Begoun's cream but I think only at 2%. Obagi skin care (sold at the dermatologist's office) has 4%. My mom is 75 and spent a lot of time in the sun over the years. She has been using Obagi and Retin-A for a year or so and it has lightened her skin. She has brown marks that have gotten lighter, but they haven't disappeared. She has had to go a shade lighter with her foundation. Be forewarned: Obagi is expensive.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 06:38 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody
.... i think people should use what just doesn't go in the cracks or if that's possible. ... .
CRACKS? CRACKS?!? I sure hope my lines don't look like cracks!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips