Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-19, 10:20 AM  
Tugger31

Question Madison Reed

Anyone use this hair color? Reviews for a newbie?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 06:19 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Anyone use this hair color? Reviews for a newbie?
I have used it. I have a tiny bit of gray hair around my temples and found it did not hold up well as my grays came in within 3-4 weeks.

I'm not sure what your needs are but I don't really color my hair, just want to cover up the gray so I've been using dp Hue and buy it at Ulta. It's mild and works beautifully.

HTH!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 07:36 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I thought maybe that was a new instructor. . You might want to check out the 2019 Beauty Thread where these types of questions are usually asked.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 09:52 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I have used it. I have a tiny bit of gray hair around my temples and found it did not hold up well as my grays came in within 3-4 weeks.

I'm not sure what your needs are but I don't really color my hair, just want to cover up the gray so I've been using dp Hue and buy it at Ulta. It's mild and works beautifully.

HTH!

Diane
Be careful with DpHue. It is effective but some of the shades are intense. The red turned my hair pink as it faded and it took a long time to wash out. It’ll also stain your hands and tub if you aren’t careful.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 12:36 PM  
JeepGirl

I had my hair professionally colored for years but got tired of the expense and going every three weeks. Ive tried Esalon and Madison Reed and like Madison Reed better. It covers my grays, is easy to do and MR washes out so much easier than Esalon. HTH!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 06:56 PM  
DebP.
VF Supporter

Madison Reed my experience

I have been going in to their salon. Overall I’m pleased—I have a fair amount of gray. I like how gentle the products are. The color does not get brassy after a few weeks. This has been an issue with other brands.

I wish it lasted longer but I know that with my extent of gray and how it grows in I can’t expect much more. Madison Reed has some glosses to use in between coloring. They add shine and a little color/warmth. It just seems better to go no ammonia.
DebP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 04:35 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Be careful with DpHue. It is effective but some of the shades are intense. The red turned my hair pink as it faded and it took a long time to wash out. It’ll also stain your hands and tub if you aren’t careful.
Thanks, Suzanne. I only use the Root CoverUp in Dark Brown and it has been fine. I will keep this in mind if I decide to try their other products!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 08:17 AM  
zoegirl

I have used it. It worked for me but I wanted the option to add highlights, which they did not have at the time (not sure if they do now). The reason I tried it in the first place was because I developed an allergy to hair color. It was a lifesaver! Now I go to a salon that uses Wella products. Wella has a hair color line called Innosense that is allergy free. It has worked well for me. Madison Reed was great when I was using it, but I didn't like doing it myself and I am liking the Wella better, for now anyway. I may try some of the glosses though for between appointment touch ups.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, madison reed