Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-17, 08:11 AM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I just found Pilates Strong by Lorene Pesacreta and it looks to be really good. Slow, good form pointers. She is relatively new to you-tube, she has done 11 videos in 3 months. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWl...IntoI2Q/videos
Thanks, these do look great!!! especially the booty band and legs one! Blogilates also has a TON of free stuff. As much as I love PBL, I think I will have to give it up after the first month, I just can't justify spending the money on it when there is so much free stuff. Besides that, I just spent $65 on a cord so I could play my phone through the TV! So this is like Christmas for me with all these workouts to try! lol

Thanks for everyone's input!!
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Stacy - enjoy! I like PBL, at least when I have tried it, but I hesitate to subscribe also in part b/c I don't do Pilates daily and I do have a ton of Pilates DVDs plus the You tube content. But, that being said, I may subscribe to her site for a month here and there - I'm still thinking about subscribing in June for her upcoming challenge. what is nice about her site is that she mixes it up so although you are working with Pilates principles it is not always the same routine/sequencing of exercises.

I do like Cassey Ho/Blogilates. I have thought about following one of her rotations. She is very upbeat and positive.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 04:34 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Disclaimer: I have never done PBL.

Claimer(?): I like the Pilates Fix YouTube channel.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I used to love Andrea's Pilates Perfect Body so I bet this is a good option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I have that DVD, along with the Pilates Fix DVD Andrea made with Kristen, Trim Tighten Tone. I really like them! I'm happy to learn they have a YouTube channel (it never occurred to me to check). Thanks, AF!
There was a Pilates for back pain thread late last year and Aunt Famous suggested Andrea's Perfect Pilates Body DVD. I got it from my secret santa and have been using it off and on since then along with a 10 minute solution one with Andrea Leigh Rogers. I also like the Pilates Fix videos on YouTube.
They really do relieve my lower back soreness.

I am considering Pilates by Lisa but isn't it pretty advanced? I find Linda Woolridge's Pilates videos on YouTube very difficult. Is PBL as hard or harder?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 04:38 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Lisa is pretty advanced, but her workouts are do-able, especially if you have some experience w/ Pilates and know how to modify - you can also take breaks as needed. Lisa filmed a 14 workout beginner's series in April and it is good - but tough in spots! She is very good at cuing and giving form pointers/reminders.

On a whim I decided to follow Cassey Ho's June Calendar for this month - or until I get tired of it! I am enjoying it - it is not really "Pilates' though all the time - a lot of body weight and traditional exercises are used also. But, it is a nice change up for me.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 04:55 PM  
cherimac

Lisa is definitely advanced, but I find her easier to follow than Barlates. Lisa is just wonderful at cueing and giving options.

Tags
pilates, youtube pilates