Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-14, 07:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I'm sure I did Strong Knees and JB Burns Rehab tape. Can't remember what else I did or how long it took but that knee isn't bothering me at all now. I also wear a Mueller Knee Neoprene knee sleeve which helped to support my knee and keep it warm while I was working out.
Thanks Libby, I'm pretty sure I have both those DVDs and I'll look into that knee sleeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
My right knee is the one that kicks up a fuss. My chiropractor doesn't use machines. After about a year of knee pain, she told me she had done all she could for my knee and recommended an orthopedist. He said surgery had only a 50-50 chance of improving my knee, so I said no to that. I have chondrocalcinosis, nicknamed pseudo-gout; knee cartilage is full of crystallized calcium deposits. I ice my knee after every workout and dance evening. The orthopedist has treated me with injections of synovisc, which I get about twice a year. I'll be 68 in a few days, and still work out, avoiding high impact; I also contradance on weekends. I wear a knee brace for exercise and dancing, the Mueller Max Knee Strap.
My hat's off to you for keeping on - not easy but you have figured out the best way for you to proceed.

Best of luck to you, Libby, and I hope your situation improves!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 08:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Oh - I should add that Strong Knees helps me a lot.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 08:07 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I have mild OA in both knees and have found three things to be extremely helpful: (1) DDP yoga, (2) rebounding, and (3) dietary changes to decrease inflammation.
I too have knee arthritis and agree with all three of these recommendations (though I would say any kind of yoga would do).
Old 09-26-14, 08:13 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I have mild OA in both knees and have found three things to be extremely helpful: (1) DDP yoga, (2) rebounding, and (3) dietary changes to decrease inflammation.
Helpful, but not a cure. My knees still hurt after doing yoga (including DDP) and adopting a non-inflammatory diet; neither of these modalities can cause my knee cartilage to grow back. I walk, cycle, and practice yoga and strength training, but I have to modify. My knees are pretty bad, but thus far I can manage without medical or pharmacological intervention.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 11:02 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Forgot to add... ice is my best friend. The single thing that makes the most difference for my knee arthritis is icing after workouts.

Tags
ganglion cyst, osteoarthritis