Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-14, 11:42 AM  
kariev34

Ballet body

Anyone still using the downloads either the periodization plan or your own mix of the downloads? I've been enjoying the downloads. They are so challenging! For those that have done bb for a while, does your body eventually get used to them to the point you are no longer challenged?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 01:16 PM  
ncl

I am starting a periodization system now so I'm still using them. They are hard. I did her DVD rotation of awhile. I never got to the point where it was super easy, BUT it did get easier and I definitely gained strength.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 07:50 PM  
kariev34

Thanks for the response. I often wondered if these would ever get easy since there is so much variety. Did you see results from the DVD rotation?
Old 03-02-14, 09:28 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

They get easier but after doing BB for 1.5 years (including the periodization plan) I would never say they were easy!
Old 03-03-14, 07:13 AM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofjoeyp View Post
They get easier but after doing BB for 1.5 years (including the periodization plan) I would never say they were easy!
well after 1.5 years, if the workouts are still challenging, that says a lot about them!
Old 03-04-14, 08:40 AM  
BalleRina

I'm going through BBPS1 again. I'm on week 19. Definitely still challenging.

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 11:10 AM  
kariev34

Thanks ladies for the replies. I just did 4 lower body segments: plyometrics and isometrics 2, pretzel part 1, round back pile parallel 1, and bridge on the step. OUCH OUCH OUCH! I decided to wear my HR monitor to see my calorie burn and in 70 minutes I burned 430 cals. Not bad for a toning workout! My HR reached 150 at some parts! I often get caught up that I have to run myself into the ground to get a good workout. Wearing my HR monitor showed me that that is not always the case. With BB i feel so worked out but relaxed at the same time.
Old 03-08-14, 02:00 PM  
hotncmom

I just started back yesterday. I'm not going to do a pure BB rotation, but I'm planning on doing a upper body mat/upper body weight/lower body segment about every other day, with yoga and/or floorwork on opposite days. I really wish she had more floor barre type stuff, I find that so essential to lower body. I love her foldover segments the most and after that plie/parallel, and a lot of the combo lower body segments. I need to sit down and figure out which ones to do. I have 95% of her downloads, and a lot of them are just too hard for where I'm at right now. I'd like to build back up strength to try them, but the BBPP plan workouts are just too long for me.

But I was in the best shape of my life doing BB, yoga, and walking.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, ballet body periodization, ballet body rotation