Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-12, 09:52 PM  
MoFirmer

How I used the FIRM express (and still do!)

Okay... there was a post on Metabolic Conditioning classes and I posted about how I loved FE for metabolic conditioning. Several asked for me to post about my FE experience and I am posting for those.

I STILL use FE all the time! It has not even after a year gotten old for me.

In the beginning when we tested them we were not given a rotation calendar. Just told to try them out. I started out with one a day and possibly 3-4 x a week. I went to doing 30 mins maybe 5 days a week and now once in a while would do 2 back to back and do 40 mins. But NEVER over that.

I lost 19# in the first 30 days. I had just come off chemo/radiation and a hysterectomy for breast cancer treatment and had put on 15# so that means that by the time I was done with the first month I was SMALLER than when I started. I had started at a size 6 and got to a 3/4. However that was NOT my focus.... I couldn't believe the cardio and strength gains I made in that time.

I started testing at 10-15# weights and progressed to 20-25# as my heavies.

I now still do FE at least 3x a week. My current rotation looks something like this....

M- FE c/sc followed by an UBody focus for about 20 mins and then I follow it with rebounding to burn the fat I release while doing these two workouts

Tu- I sometimes do an FE cardio with another 10-20 min cardio or I do another FIRM cardio (not FE based)

W- FE c/sc followed by LB and then rebounding

Th- a Hare style FIRM (ie CCFusion or their kettlebell or resistance band workout)

F- FE c/sc followed by UB focus (ie ZI10 arms or JFree Arms) and rebounding

Sa- I do a FE cardio followed by a 30 min cardio

I use my Step 360 sometimes and like I said I use a wide range of weights. I always push myself through each workout.... and I never leave without having left a puddle on the floor. LOL! I make sure even if I only do 20 mins I push myself to do the best I can do.

I have several different rotations I've made up that focus on FE as the mainstay and I have never been disappointed with the results. I think these workouts can be as easy or as hard as you make them.

If you have any other questions about my FE use don't hesitate to ask. I really feel they have pushed my fitness level to a new place.
Old 01-24-12, 09:12 AM  
metalbarbie

I bought this set about 2 weeks ago and I'm on Week 2. These DVDs are like little gems. I don't know what kind of results I will get but I am doing 30 min. cardio sessions in 4X a week in addition to the FE rotation. The only trouble for me is, I have to modify a lot because some of the moves are a little questionable. But other than that, I get a terrific workout with these and they have no dread factor because they are 20 min.
metalbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 09:28 AM  
eaocon

I bought the FE workouts when they first were offered, so a year ago? And I still love them!
I've actually had to deliberately plan a rotation where they aren't the main focus...but if I want a last minute change on what I was planning on doing a particular day, bam! Out come the FE workouts!

I have also been using them as add ons to my other workouts. If a workout is primarily strength, I tack on an FE cardio...and vice versa.

I'm glad to read about someone else who loves them like I do!
Old 01-24-12, 10:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for sharing! Great results and I wish you continued success and good health.

That's interesting about adding the rebounding to burn off the fat you release. I'm not sure I quite understand the theory behind that, could you explain a little more? I've heard similar things but never quite grasped it. Also, since I don't have a rebounder, would any kind of cardio provide the same results? TIA
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm express, firm express results, step 360