Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-20, 06:21 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
Did anyone who ordered from Boomer Naturals receive their order yet? When I saw this post I ordered a mask and hand sanitizer from them. Mostly I needed the hand sanitizer and theirs showed that it was made with isopropyl alcohol. Everything did show available since I ordered but haven't received anything from them but a confirmation back on May 7th.

Wondered if anyone had better luck? They don't respond to emails. I did get someone on the phone who said "it takes 10 business days" but that has come and gone.

The masks I have been using I found on Etsy. Haven't found anything I love though. I am thinking the Los Angeles Apparel with the straps that go around the head and the nose clip might be a really good option.
I got my masks. They did take a while...2-weeks maybe. They shipped from Las Vegas. All the correspondence I got from them (order, shipping and delivery confirmations) went to my junk email.

The masks are nice but like you I haven’t found one I love yet. I may try the Los Angeles Apparel ones too.

I hope you get your order soon.

PS I was at CVS Pharmacy recently and was surprised to see they had a full display of hand sanitizer for sale at the front of the store near the cash registers.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 07:08 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
Did anyone who ordered from Boomer Naturals receive their order yet? When I saw this post I ordered a mask and hand sanitizer from them. Mostly I needed the hand sanitizer and theirs showed that it was made with isopropyl alcohol. Everything did show available since I ordered but haven't received anything from them but a confirmation back on May 7th.

Wondered if anyone had better luck? They don't respond to emails. I did get someone on the phone who said "it takes 10 business days" but that has come and gone.

The masks I have been using I found on Etsy. Haven't found anything I love though. I am thinking the Los Angeles Apparel with the straps that go around the head and the nose clip might be a really good option.
I ordered two masks and got them within two weeks. I also received a couple of homemade masks from a special friend, so now I have the four reusable masks plus 10 (well, nine now that I've used one) disposables. I hope I'm set for masks for a while. I don't go out much, either, so I'm hoping I have enough.

Donna
Old 05-24-20, 07:21 PM  
loulou

Thanks Tracy and Donna!

I found an email that has tracking number-label created. Hopefully next week they will be arriving.

Good to know about CVS. Their parking lot sure has been full lately though. I haven't been going out much either. It seems like if you can hit a place 20-30 minutes before closing it's usually calmer.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 08:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

ChelePA, I got both of my orders from Los Angeles Apparel within a week of ordering. They go on easily and also can be adjusted for fit very easily. Impressed! We like the Thompson Tee masks but DH said they got hot to wear at work after a couple of hours. He prefers the LAA masks (and took the ones I ordered), so I had to order more for me. The cat four pack, of course.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 11:25 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

My Los Angeles Apparel masks shipped quickly as well. I ordered them around 7:30pm on Thurs May 7 and received them Wed May 13. Still loving mine (as much as you can "love" a face mask). Only time will tell if they feel "hotter" than my thinnest cotton etsy mask once we start really heating up outside temp-wise and humidity-wise.

The thinnest/lightest cotton mask I have from etsy has ear loops made out of thick hair elastics so I "feel" it more and can never quite forget I'm wearing it. Plus, no bendy nose bridge strip on that particular etsy mask so my glasses fog up more. So far the LA Apparel is still my fave. I'm trying to resist buying any of the Thompson Tee masks that have also been recommended in this thread since I have sufficient masks in my rotation already!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 08:01 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
ChelePA, I got both of my orders from Los Angeles Apparel within a week of ordering. They go on easily and also can be adjusted for fit very easily. Impressed! We like the Thompson Tee masks but DH said they got hot to wear at work after a couple of hours. He prefers the LAA masks (and took the ones I ordered), so I had to order more for me. The cat four pack, of course.
I ended up ordering them after reading this thread. They are a perfect fit! I like that they don’t go over the ears like a few of the other ones I have. They are heavier than what I bought off Etsy for my lhusband. He prefers the lighter ones for work . These ones fit my face and daughter’s much better.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:12 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I must be the outlier. I don't care for the Los Angeles Apparel masks at all. Maybe it's because I don't have to wear a mask all day as some do. I don't like how the straps go around the head, and I hate the way they look on my face. And pinching the wire doesn't keep my glasses from steaming. That may have something to do with my big nose. Can't pinch it down enough.

I have a small fortune invested in masks, and I still don't like any of them. I must have a weirdly-shaped face. None of them fit right.
Old 05-25-20, 01:37 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I must be the outlier. I don't care for the Los Angeles Apparel masks at all. Maybe it's because I don't have to wear a mask all day as some do. I don't like how the straps go around the head, and I hate the way they look on my face. And pinching the wire doesn't keep my glasses from steaming. That may have something to do with my big nose. Can't pinch it down enough.

I have a small fortune invested in masks, and I still don't like any of them. I must have a weirdly-shaped face. None of them fit right.
I don’t find masks comfortable either. I’ve been wearing a bandana around my neck for my long outdoor walks and just pull it up around my nose if I encounter someone that I can’t keep six feet from. I much prefer bandanas.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 02:34 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post

My glasses still steam/fog a little with the LA Apparel masks too, but much less than with other masks. And they do sort of look like I'm wearing a pair of men's cotton briefs on my face (I picked the heather gray color).

I hope you are eventually able to find a comfy mask for you! It is a frustrating (and expensive) experience trying to get a proper fit because it's not like you can return any of these masks that don't work.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 08:16 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I ordered 4 from Thompson Tees and they're very soft and comfortable, but they don't have a metal nose thingy so my glasses fog up. I have a couple of metal thingies I took off used disposable masks before I threw them away and am trying to figure out a way to attach them.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks