Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-18, 08:49 PM  
MARIKA

Tell me about P90X2.

Don't know why I never tried it??I love the original and 3.
Old 04-05-18, 09:34 PM  
jusca

I bought P90X2 last year when it was on sale for $30ish dollars. I'd been curious about the series since it was released and the price was finally right to take a chance on it. I liked the blueish set. The reviews were right though. The excessively long warm up (around 15 mins) with the foam rolling in the beginning is a turn off. The chaptering is horrible if you want to skip the warmup but it's excellent if you want to skip ahead in very small increments.

I did the one cardio workout (I can't remember the name) last year when I got the set. Once I got pass the warmup chapters, the actual workout was challenging and a sweat bucket. I haven't done it since though. Too much work to get to the meat & potatoes of the workout. Also, the vibe between Tony & the background exercisers doesn't seem like they click with each other.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 09:09 AM  
jcmclean

Most of the criticism focused on the amount of equipment needed compared to P90X. 4 medicine balls and a stability ball are required. People who actually did the rotation reported good results. There is no workout devoted to cardio and the emphasis is on balance and explosiveness.

It’s hard on the joints but I do hydrids with X1 and X3 and I enjoy those immensely.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p90x2