Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-12, 08:24 AM  
hulabug1

Is anyone doing P90X2?

Hi there! I haven't seen much talk about P90X2 so I was curious if anyone out there is currently doing a rotation? I just started and I'm LOVING it!! I was very skeptical when it first came out b-cuz of all the negative reviews it was getting so I decided to wait. Wow, I really love it. It's different, yes but, that's what I am liking about it.
hulabug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 08:45 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

That's good to hear!

I'm not doing it but one of my friends has it & likes it, too. She likes that there is a lot of balance work. I wasn't interested at first but now I definitely want it eventually...I did the One on One PAP & it was pretty good!
Old 05-22-12, 08:58 AM  
jcmclean

Yes I am using it. I like it very much but the young men who liked P90X so much hate it. They want a straight forward mass building program. Since I am 50+ the long warm up and cool down and foam rolling are beneficial. I had most of the extra equipment so that did not bother me the way it did some people. The swiss ball and the medicine balls plus balance work on one foot provides a very unique workout more like grappling or wrestling rather than just moving weight. Not sure about the post activation potentiation improving explosiveness. It is a good workout but whether the effects are long term is being debated.
X2 will definately not be as popular as X1.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 10:29 AM  
tonus

I love P90X2 and just finished the first Phase of my second rotation. My wife and I both think that it is every bit as challenging as P90x. I did buy the two extra strength workouts so I can do a longer phase 2 to make it more like the P90x experience.

I saw over on the Beachbody boards that there is something like a P90x2 plus coming.
tonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 12:33 PM  
hulabug1

I'm so glad to hear there are others besides me who are loving P90X2!! I just started but, it seems like each time I do one of the workouts, it gets tougher which is great! P90X2 Plus?! Wow

tonus- Are you adding P90X your second time around or are you just doing X2? I saw there were some hybrid rotations incorporating both X and X2.
Old 05-22-12, 12:41 PM  
tonus

Hulabug, I am not doing a hybrid yet. Since I bought the extra 2 strength training workouts, what I am doing in phase 2 is expanding it to eight weeks--doing it like the first two phases of P90x with 3 weeks of strength training and a recovery week in between, which for me is usually a week of Yoga. I may also do a phase 3 where I change the workouts every week for four weeks.

I have to admit that in my 2nd rotation I am starting to swap out Tony's yoga with other yoga workouts from my collection.
tonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 01:17 PM  
marmact

I love P90X2. I am currently doing a hybrid rotation using P90X2 with the original X (along with some lower-body stuff from other instructors, as I don't think Tony addresses the lower-body needs of most women, or at least I never feel like I'm getting enough LB work).

Anyway, I think X2 is so much fun! The workouts are DEFINITELY different from the X, and it's really too bad they insisted on marketing it as X2, because I think that raised some expectations about what it SHOULD be, and is not.

I love the balance and core work, and I think it's awesome that there's so much focus on flexibility and functionality. The workouts are challenging in new and exciting ways.

And I used to be all Cathe, all the time, so using DBs, a couple of balls, a band, and a pull-up bar just does NOT strike me as being particularly equipment-intensive. Also, I don't think I'll ever be doing the moves that involve balancing on four balls and such, so...
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 01:23 PM  
marmact

Also, would anyone be interested in a check-in? I really need some accountability, personally, and I'm really interested to hear how others are using these workouts.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 02:08 PM  
hulabug1

marmact- I agree with you that I don't feel Tony does enough for the lower body so I was thinking about adding in a day of just lower body work but, i'm going to wait and see as I get more into the rotation Like you, I'm pretty sure I won't be balancing on four med balls!
I definitely have to modify these as they are really challenging for me but, I'm hoping as I do them I'll get better at the moves- some I know I will never be able to do and that's ok with me.

I would definitely be interested in a check-in!
Old 05-22-12, 02:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH just finished P90X2 and was not that excited. He feels he lost some strength and cardio endurance.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p90x2, tony horton