Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-11, 11:26 AM  
oltlfan

Members of Leslie Sansone's Walk Club official forums

If anyone is a member there, is it worth joining? Is the forum active?
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 11:51 AM  
cherimac

I was a member a couple of years ago, tried the free membership. I didn't continue because it wasn't that active, IMO. I did like getting some streaming walks, etc. but it was a bit pricey for the little bit time I spent there and information I picked up. Hopefully something has changed with all of that.
Old 04-30-11, 12:11 PM  
imhere2dance

I'm a member and it's okay, but not very active. This forum is much better.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 12:12 PM  
MJ525

I don't think the forum is very active.

She has added a Walk Channel, where she has member exclusive (new) walks and walk mixes where she takes miles from different walks and edits them together. I believe she changes things up every 1-2 months. This month she has a 1 mile outside walk filmed in Central Park, I haven't checked it out yet though.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 01:44 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I was also a member once when it was offered for half a year free and the ladies over there were all very nice, but yes, it didn't seem too active (at least not compared to VF ). Back then she only used older walks as her streaming videos, most of them I own(ed) already, but with newer outdoor walks I could be tempted if it weren't for the price..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 03:27 PM  
juberann

I was, and am, a member. Years ago, it was a pretty lively and supportive place. Then I left for awhile, rejoined and it had changed quite a bit. No, it's not too active (NOTHING like VF) and any negative talk at all about any of Leslie's workouts are not tolerated well by members. If you don't feel constant and undying "Leslie love" you won't belong on the boards. Diet talk is allowed, mainly Weight Watchers members do the posting. As far as the streaming videos and other features I really can't comment as I have never taken advantage of those "goodies".
Leslie NEVER posts anything on the boards and that has always bothered me. I mean, I don't expect daily interaction or answers to every question asked of her, but just to pop in every once in awhile would be nice. That doesn't happen.
I would try to get my hands on a free trial membership because I think if you were to drop the $29.95 a year fee, you might be disappointed
Old 04-30-11, 03:33 PM  
oltlfan

Thanks everyone! It's a definite no for me then. lol
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 04:14 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Leslie NEVER posts anything on the boards and that has always bothered me. I mean, I don't expect daily interaction or answers to every question asked of her, but just to pop in every once in awhile would be nice. That doesn't happen.
I have to say that's the one thing that upsets me. She posts on her blog and on Facebook, but not her own forum? Also, Mary Kay, Joanne, Linda, and Jim used to do live chats from time to time. That seems to have ended a few years ago. I wish they would return.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 06:00 PM  
sologirlie

I'm a member of Leslie's Walk Club. I wish it were more active but it really isn't as much (as it used to) anymore. I continue to be a member because I still enjoy it. Everyone has come to be "family" to me - and I just love the environment. When I was going through a family crisis last year and wasn't able to exercise for months, I continued to post in the walk club and everyone was so encouraging and supporting to me during such a difficult time. They prayed for me, they stayed by my side during such a difficult time. I honestly don't think I could have made it through with out my walk club family! It's just been such a wonderful experience for me. I'm newer to video fitness forum, but I have to say the environment here is a bit different. I guess because it's a larger community. It doesn't have the family feel of Leslie's Club which is really important to me. But maybe that's because I haven't given it enough time yet...I don't know...but I love Leslie's club and I'm not ever parting with my membership

Star
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 07:33 AM  
goldengirl

I agree with you Star. The cost is only about $2.50 a month and the monthly streaming workouts make the cost worth it for me. Although the forum is not very active overall, I think the individual team challenge threads are. I'm a member of a team and and the daily interaction keeps me motivated. I guess some of us need that extra push more than others.
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, walk club