Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-10, 04:37 PM  
InstantBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Threads on the VF forum shouldn't come up via search engines (in other words, if you type in "Lalo Fuentes" on Google or Yahoo or whatever, none of the VF threads on Lalo should pop up, although VF reviews might), so someone has to be reading VF deliberately. You know who you are, and you should be ashamed of yourself!
Maybe they shouldn't, but they do show up in Google searches. This thread is on page two of the Google results when you search "Lalo Fuentes review".

Last edited by InstantBlue; 01-12-10 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Make example more relevant
InstantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 04:48 PM  
KathAL79

Weird, because I just did a search for "Lalo Fuentes" in Yahoo and didn't get any VF hits.
ETA: I did do the same search you did on Yahoo and only got this thread. Maybe I've just misunderstood the bit about being able to find VF threads via search engines.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.

Last edited by KathAL79; 01-12-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: correct comment
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 07:15 PM  
Ximena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I have complained both here and on Collage's forum. There's no accountability for reviews at Collage. You don't need to register, you can submit reviews multiple times.

Gaylene mentioned you can no longer place reviews for Strike Zone. I was able to pull up the review form with no problem, although the last review posted was July, 2009. So not sure if new reviews are being posted or not.

One that gets me is the number of reviews (raving) of Jari's Extremely Ripped. Most were posted on the day that the DVD was released. I asked on the "Ask Collage" forum, just how that could have happened. It was other forum members that suggested people got their DVDs from other sources earlier than Collage's release date. Collage never did answer my question. I don't believe for a minute that all those reviews were from unbiased consumers.

I've suggested they impose a way of limiting an IP address to one review of any single DVD. I suspect that's not going to happen.

This thing with Lalofit I believe is a fan or staff member of Lalo's. I think not only should Collage be advised, but Lalo as well. I don't think he, personally, is responsible and should know.
I agree Diane, I think we should ask Collage Jari or Lalo's people before we jump into conclusions. Collage is a great company and I don't find the need for them to do that, and Lalo's people pasting reviews or Jari's people making up reviews? I also don't think that's the case. But again, Never say never. I would like to see what they have to say. Did anybody already wrote to Collage or Lalo asking about this?
Ximena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 07:20 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I've suggested they impose a way of limiting an IP address to one review of any single DVD. I suspect that's not going to happen.
I, too, suspect not. Collage *is* a business and let's face it, the more positive reviews they have, the better for them.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 07:34 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I'm also guessing that it's Lalo's people since both reviews are for for Lalofit.
But shouldn't we find out for sure before saying "it's Lalo's people" maybe it's not, could be some nutty fan of his or just some lazy unethical people/person. I'm just saying
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:01 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post
No, I did not and would not give permission for copying of VF reviews or forum posts elsewhere. It's up to the individual who WROTE the review to decide whether or not they wish to share it elsewhere, and if I ever get such a request I always forward it to the reviewer so that the reviewer can decide.

On the Amazon review, that looks a little different--we are listed as an Editorial review. I'm not sure about their policy on Editorial reviews or how that was added (can the publisher post or request that Amazon post an editorial review?). I noticed they did not use the reviewer's name, either. Has anyone else noticed VF reviews appearing as an Editorial Review on Amazon? I don't think a VF review should be listed this way, even if they had gotten permission. First, VF reviews are consumer reviews just like any others on Amazon, and more importantly, since VF does not post one single review of a workout that represents the consensus of the site--a lone positive VF review could be selected and posted in this way for a workout that had mostly NEGATIVE reviews on VF, yet on Amazon it would appear that the VF editorial consensus was entirely positive. That bothers me a lot, and is something I need to contact Amazon about.

We used to have something in the footer of review pages stating that reviews could not be copied or used elsewhere w/o the permission of the reviewer. I will make sure that gets added to our new review section too, and I am also going to add something to our vendor/commercial posting page making it clear that permission of the poster/reviewer must be obtained before any reviews are copied or used elsewhere. I would have thought that was obvious, but evidently not.
I see VF reviews listed in the editorial details info on Amazon ALL the time. ALL the time, seriously. I just assumed people knew their reviews were being used this way, or that you knew, Wendy. I wish, now, that I had made a note as to all the titles on which I've seen VFers quoted. I mean, really, I've seen it ALOT.
Old 01-12-10, 10:04 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantBlue View Post
Maybe they shouldn't, but they do show up in Google searches. This thread is on page two of the Google results when you search "Lalo Fuentes review".
yep, I was just gonna post that. You can easily google any user name here, any instructor, any title, etc... and VF threads show up.
Old 01-12-10, 10:08 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
But shouldn't we find out for sure before saying "it's Lalo's people" maybe it's not, could be some nutty fan of his or just some lazy unethical people/person. I'm just saying
I agree. It could be someone from Collage.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:10 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 View Post
I see VF reviews listed in the editorial details info on Amazon ALL the time. ALL the time, seriously. I just assumed people knew their reviews were being used this way, or that you knew, Wendy. I wish, now, that I had made a note as to all the titles on which I've seen VFers quoted. I mean, really, I've seen it ALOT.
Same here. Also, I've seen many vendors cut and copy reviews from Amazon onto their site.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:13 PM  
lulubell

I just wanted to let you all know that I got an e-mail from Collage saying the same thing as they did to Naturallove...also no apologies or any thing at all as to whether they would look into it..almost like they know. Anyways I also don't like to blame anyone...I mean how can we really know for sure unless someone comes out and says it.

Aggie
lulubell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collagevideo.com, lalo fuentes, reviews