Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-11, 10:36 AM  
shelleyann

Do More Standing Pilates: Mat Series

I wanted to do a quick review of the Mat series workout. I bought it from their website and it arrived VERY quickly, within a few days of ordering. It also came with a free tank top...white ribbed with pink writing that says "Do More Pilates" on the front and "Use Your Core" on the back.

The workout is divided into segments: Full Body Flow, Slow Ab Burn, Lower Body Blast, Core Strength & Balance, and Fundamentals: Proper Positioning, which I didn't do. The dvd is chaptered. The total time with fundamentals was almost 77 minutes. Overall, it was quite a bit tougher, in my opinion, than the Standing dvd (first dvd). It was basic pilates moves, with the same setting as the first dvd. I liked the calm feel and professional, kind manner of the instructors. It is rather soothing, even though the work was challenging.

The first section begins with ab work continues with some unweighted arm work and a few leg exercises. The Ab burn does mostly different exercises from the first with quite a bit of plank work, so there is very little repetition of exercises. The instructors alternate sections as lead. The lower body section was all side lying. Each section actually begins with some core/ab work. The Balance section does a lot on your hands and knees with some side leg lifts/kicks and arm/leg extensions and even a few push-ups. Overall, I really felt it and it moved quickly without much pause or instruction, only guidance as you were working. It has some voice over, but mostly real time instruction. I enjoyed it!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea wood, do more pilates, niece pecenka, standing pilates