Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-21-22, 07:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Take It Outdoors: Everything Circuits with Stacey Lei - 6/6/22 - 30 minutes

This workout was not exactly what I thought it would be - I was expecting a cardio/strength workout done in circuits, but instead it was a strength workout done in circuits. Circuit 1 focused on the upper body with weights - about 6 exercises done for 30 seconds each - done 3 times. Circuit 2 focused on the lower body without weights, although you could have incorporated them. Again, 4 or 5 exercises for 30 seconds each; the entire circuit was done 3 times. Circuit 3 had fewer exercises, combined upper and lower body work and was only done twice.

This was filmed in the high desert of New Mexico - things looked awfully dry. I kept expecting to see a herd of cattle wander through, but I didn't.

No pilates again today. It's harder to leave at 3:30 (which is the end of our day during the summer) when the boss is there.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 06:56 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E8 Calf & Knee - 23min. Pretty much a full body stretch with not as much emphasis on calf and knees as I would have liked, but stretch felt great.

Leslie's WR&L - 38min. Two mile walk and strength training with bands. Abe Hernandez was the instructor and he did a real good job with moving things along. Went to my favorites.

Originally I planned to do 21DF Upper Body but when I woke up, I just wanted to move rather than lift weights, so that's what I did. Back to 21DF tomorrow.

Yesterday was the first day of summer and I'm already done with it. Real feel temps reached 107F here and I hated it. The idiots around here were shooting some real loud firecrackers late into the night. Sigh.

I have to run to the office this morning. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-22-22, 07:29 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am late posting today - got sidetracked this morning - we had to have our hot water heater replaced. UGH. Anyway, whoever buys my house will never have to worry about the plumbing - everything has been replaced!

So, for today it was an interval cardio on Jessica's rotation along w/ her Pilates abs. I did:

Kathy Smith -Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning - a retro workout from the '90's!
I remember when I could do the high impact versions, LOL!

Then, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Thoracic Mobility Practice - this was a good one and it really hit the spot. I think limited range of motion in my thoracic spine contributes to a lot of my back pain and I think that may be the "magic" of CS - there is a lot of work through that part of the body in CS/Essentrics...

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Lower Body Flow - From the beginners calendar, 15 min.

Carol - I am making notes about your Silver & Fit workouts....they all sound good. A lot of good variety on that channel.

Dana - I can identify with that - sometimes I just want to move and not do weights! Actually more often than not I want to just move.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 07:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Yoga with Andrea 5/28/22 - 30 minutes

I enjoyed this yoga practice from Andrea. I may have finally found yoga workouts that I can actually do and enjoy. This one started standing, with some modified sun salutations (no chaturangas thank heavens), then moved to the floor for some plank work and then some stretching and final relaxation. Andrea's practices are filmed indoors in her home, but that's okay. Options included the use of a chair or two blocks. I opted for the blocks today.

Dana - Sorry your weather is so hot. It's been not bad here lately, although we are supposed to get back up in the high 90s and low 100s the next few days.

Donna - I am enjoying the Silver & Fit workouts these days. I still hate the name, but there you have it - I guess I'm vain.

Carol
Old 06-23-22, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a rest/stretch day on Jessica's program so I did:

Essentrics - Beginner Strength Workout - Live from 6/15

I really need to keep Essentrics in the mix - It helps so much w/ my mobility - it is just a challenge b/c there are only so many hours in the day and too many workouts to choose from. I guess that is a good problem to have.

Carol - I know what you mean - I have to get past the names, too - like Senior Shape, LOL! Silver & Fit has such great variety - I think I did one or two of Stacey's yoga classes and like them.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 06-23-22, 07:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was a tough one! I did

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Penny 6/3/22 - 30 minutes

Penny would do an exercise for a body part and then do a different exercise that also worked the same body part using resistance tubing. Everything was based on time - sometimes 30 seconds (maybe), but many times 45 seconds or a minute of work. No real rest. I am already sore. No floor work.

Carol
Old 06-24-22, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Nothing too exciting to report here!

This morning I did Jessica's 48 Min Circuit Workout - this was the last workout of the 4 week rotation. I didn't follow it 100% I made substitutes here and there but I tried to stick w/ the "theme" if I substituted.

I think I will continue for two more weeks. My 2nd bathroom is being remodeled starting the 2nd week in July and then it will be back to disruptions! And I'll just do whatever I can workout wise that I can fit in around the contractor's schedule.

Anyway - I'm glad the weekend is here.

My new job is going well - they are taking it easy on me. Still finishing up stuff from the old job....

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

Donna
Old 06-24-22, 09:08 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E9 - Spine Strength - 23min
21DF Upper Fix - 32min

In addition to the above, I did about 10 minutes of foam rolling of my thighs particularly the IT bands on both sides which have been very tight and painful lately. In fact, I've been foam rolling consistently for the past week or so and I'm amazed at the difference it makes in alleviating aches in my legs and lower back. I've had a foam roller for years and haven't really used it which is a real shame because it does make a difference in how I feel.

Donna, I congratulate you on finishing Jessica's rotation. I've only tried 2 of workouts from that set and I don't feel any desire to try any of the others. I was unsure from the beginning that I should even buy this set but I did, and I'm fine with it. I expect that sometime in the future I will give it a go - but not now.

I'm off today and plan to run some errands starting with early voting in IL primary which is on 6/28.

Waves to Carol, Brenda and Linda!
Old 06-24-22, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Dana - I did have some dread w/ doing some of the longer workouts but they are definitely different from Jessica's other strength offerings and I do like them better. I have this bug in my head to buy the Define and Align set from Amazon (the one w/ Karen from Workout Hotel). I like the idea of 30 min. I also thought about trying Jessica's WS 3.0 again - I have done many of the workouts through other rotations so the set is not as "scary" as before.

I also had a lot of tightness in my hip/IT band and I did notice that once I started releasing that it helped out a lot w/ my lower back.

Happy weekend!

Donna
Old 06-25-22, 06:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Your Favorites: Intermediate Cardio with Penny 2/28/22 - 30 minutes

This one was filmed on a walkway overlooking a beach in Cancun Mexico. The whitest sand I think I've seen in a long time. It was fun to watch the people milling around on the beach and boats and ships passing by in the Ocean.

Waves to all ~

Carol