Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-20, 10:27 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did the upper body workout this morning - and didn't Joni-O it. I might even do it again after I forget what I didn't like about it.

The warm-up seemed like more of a workout to me. Of course, if you're actually using 35# for the workout, I guess it is a warm-up.

I know that you have to come up with innovative new moves if you want to keep putting out DVDs. I guess I'm just a traditional gal and like the plain old strength moves that I've done for years.

Also, when you purposely don't work out to the beat of the music, the music distracts me because I'm used to always working to a beat - and I prefer to.

It's a good little workout, just not really for me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 10:36 AM  
Gams

I don’t know, Joni, Leslie Sansone was successful for years without doing any innovative new moves. I couldn’t help but laugh this morning when I was doing a Leslie Mini Walk and got all excited when Leslie started doing a mambo. 😂
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 10:44 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrigid View Post
I don't know about you all, but I I don't have 40lb dumbbells at my place. Do you?
Yes, I have dumbbells that range from 3lbs to 100 lbs
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 10:57 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gams View Post
i don’t know, joni, leslie sansone was successful for years without doing any innovative new moves. I couldn’t help but laugh this morning when i was doing a leslie mini walk and got all excited when leslie started doing a mambo. ��
:d :d
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 11:07 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrigid View Post
I don't know about you all, but I I don't have 40lb dumbbells at my place. Do you?
I have dumbbells that go up to 50lbs but I understand that it can be hard to store a variety. I would prefer to add at least some 60/70s but in negotiation over space issues, I made an agreement with DH to cap at the 50s. So for some moves, I use a weighted vest to increase poundage.
Old 10-26-20, 11:29 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I don’t know, Joni, Leslie Sansone was successful for years without doing any innovative new moves. I couldn’t help but laugh this morning when I was doing a Leslie Mini Walk and got all excited when Leslie started doing a mambo. ��
You guys are cracking me up with this conversation! Love it!
Old 10-26-20, 02:39 PM  
laurajhawk

I tried Perfect Pump Upper Body this morning and liked it pretty well. For background, I've only dabbled in Cathes; I have LITE and Slow & Heavy and don't use them that often. This one went really fast (because of the 30 minute deadline, I'm sure) ... the lifting speed was appropriate but there wasn't much time between and I paused a couple times to change equipment. agree that the warm-up is a little too much - she uses 3# dumbbells plus the band, and I put the weights down after the first couple sets and just used the band. There were a couple times during the workout when the cuing wasn't great - during the toss row we're looking down, but Cathe did not tell us how many reps we were doing and did not count, so it was AMRAP for me. That's not a big deal. I have weights up to 35 but only used through 20 - for some exercises I may be able to go a little heavier now that I've done them once, but not by a lot. I didn't feel any need to add on the UB bonus but I notice the bonuses on this one add up to a nice 30-minute full-body workout - upper, lower, abs, and extended stretch. So I'll try them that way, sometime, probably.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 03:39 PM  
ChelePA

Copied from my check in:

So I was preparing myself to feel a dread factor with High Impact Hiit based on other reviews. It sounded like many of the moves were repetitive which I am not a fan. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it despite the number of burpees. I think Plyo Hiit One helped in preparation. I wasn't totally wiped as I remember being with other hiit workouts.

I added on the mobility workout. As other ladies have mentioned, it seemed like an extended stretch, which I really liked. This is definitely my weak area. And unlike many on this board, I don't use other instructors to do yoga or any other practice. Cathe's basic moves appeal to me and I was actually able to hold the more advanced version of each exercise. I can definitely see using this in my weekly rotation.

My biggest disappoint is the premixes aren't as creative as in the past. I was really hoping the premixes for Perfect Hiit would be similar to Plyo Hiit...mixing high and low impact in a variety of combos, etc. I think the reason for this is because those who have the On Demand option can create their own, which is awesome. But not for me
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 04:16 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Also, when you purposely don't work out to the beat of the music, the music distracts me because I'm used to always working to a beat - and I prefer to.

This. I previewed the upper body workout and immediately didn't like the fact that the lifts weren't to the beat of the music. I think I'll still like the workout but I don't get why the music and moves can't be in sync.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:26 AM  
Rhonda

I did lower body this morning and enjoyed it. I did the premix, with lower body bonus and extended stretch.

I liked that the workout itself did not repeat moves. She does move pretty quickly but was able to keep up. I actually used my kettlebells more with this workout as they are heavier than my dumbbells. So that was nice.

I used the loop band for the bonus workout where Cathe uses the band with handles. I was fine with the loop band. To me the bonus section rounded out the workout and I think I will probably do it this way as it adds on another 7 minutes or so.

Extended stretch was OK. I prefer other stretches more so not sure how much I will do this one but I am sure I will do it again just because it is on the DVD.

Lastly, I did some of the mobility workout yesterday and I will have to do it again. For some reason it felt choppy to me. I have done other mobility workouts where it seems to flow better but maybe I was in a bad mood so will do it again as I love doing mobility workouts. I usually don't do Cathe for yoga/mobility so will see.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews