Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-24-20, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Blessful Body - Gentle Morning Mat Warm-up
Jessica Valent - Leg Power workouts (minus the pistol squats - never happening here!)
Blessful Body - Pilates Stress Soother

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that DD and I didn't walk - it was raining....but I did do Blessful Body HIIP (High Intensity Interval Pilates) Lite and her 10 min core workout.

I think I may un-sub from Blessful Body when this month runs out. I like Ky quite a bit, but the workouts do have a sameness to them. If the subscription were less expensive I may re-consider...but...it is $18/month which is a bit high!

Sherry - I hear you - those who work in industries where telework is not possible are really suffering. It is just a terrible position to be in. I think MD is "lucky" in that w/ such a high percentage of federal workers most of whom are able to telework the pressure is really less to re-open. We added 900+ cases between Wed and Thurs - I guess the big unknown is how many cases would we be adding w/out these measures? Presumably more....but how much more? It is all such an unknown and people really have to make decisions w/out really knowing that the effects will be. I hear on getting worried - although I am thankful not to be worried about my job or my DH's job since we are both able to telework - I am worried about the overall economy, the future, how this will impact my DD's education, college, etc. Heck, with all that being said I may have to start painting, too! *UGH*

On a happy note, that is a good use for my un-used pantyhose!!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 11:22 AM  
Leonana

I've decided to not do all of the Jessica rotation. She had Fusion Sculpt on Tuesday, then Strictly Strength on Wednesday. Yesterday I was aching all over, my body can't handle two days of strength, even if one is fusion. So, I took a rest day yesterday. On the schedule today is an ab cardio, I think I will do the 20 minute Total Body cardio. So, I'm going to do my usual tweaking. With housework, yard work, painting, and just being 60 years old, I can no longer do it all! However, I do like the schedules. They remind me of workouts I haven't done in awhile.

Donna, I find myself really stressing out and having anxiety over the financial aspects. Also, I think the isolation is getting to me, and I'm champing at the bit for things to open up. But I have to remind myself that I can't let anxiety rule out common sense. I will say that if I'm experiencing this, then I guess others are too. I read that psychologists think that many people won't commit to social isolation long term, and will start breaking it, and it will start happening soon. I can see that in my state, people are already starting to relax. More people in the stores, less without masks, and more traffic due to more businesses opening. I think when state governments factor the economy and mental health into the decision making, it will shorten the isolation period. Of course, that is dangerous for those who are at risk. Hopefully, those in charge will balance it all out and make the right decision. I guess it will be state by state, some states will open up sooner than others.
Old 04-24-20, 11:33 AM  
donnamp

Sherry -I hear you about the anxiety. My anxiety actually is worse about the thought of re-opening too soon....but this isn't easy for anyone! I think you are right about the psychological aspects and people "breaking" quarantine b/c they just can't take the isolation any more. I haven't been in the mood to follow a particular rotation lately either....I feel I should be doing some longer workouts since I, in theory, have more time, but I haven't really been in the mood!

Hang in there......

Donna
Old 04-24-20, 07:16 PM  
Leonana

I did Cardio Flow from Total Body Balance. This was a bit harder than I remembered! It got my heart rate up, I need to remember this one for a good low impact that's challenging. I remember doing this years ago after Jillian Michaels, and wondering if something lighter was effective. Not as light as I remembered, lol. But it's good to know that you can do more moderate exercise and it's still effective.

In the mail today, I just received two new cloth masks from an Etsy seller called The Cotton Sak. They are really cute, she did a good job. I got two with ties instead of loops, because of my hearing aids. Of course, my daughter absconded with one, lol.

Thanks, Donna. I'm feeling better now. I think it's the lack of control. I am focusing on accepting whatever decisions are made, since I can't control them anyway. It's making me feel much more relaxed. I understand, I get anxiety every time I go out in public. But I'm looking forward to wearing my new mask, it's kind of cute! Good sun protection, ha ha! I hear you about longer workouts, doing two shorter ones work better for me. And I agree, $18 is a bit steep for a subscription, especially if you have more than one.
Old 04-25-20, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - South Dakota - she initially filmed at Mt Rushmore when it was raining, and had to cut it short - but then added on some extra footage from Crazy Horse. I have been to both places, so it was fun to see them in this workout. Step workouts really get my HR up more than walking workouts, but I can't do step as often as I used to back in the day....

Sarah Starr - Happy Yoga - Episode # 2 - Peaceful Woods - this was an all seated yoga practice, very nice scenery....not much chatter....just nature sounds.

I will take a walk today - it is sunny for now and maybe some more stretching later. DD and I walked yesterday afternoon. The dogs were happy to go - they missed their walk on Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-25-20, 01:07 PM  
Leonana

I did Jessica's last walk and talk yesterday evening for some extra steps. It was the one introducing a January rotation, I guess it's now a year and a half old! It's my favorite for a short walk, not too hard, but a good variety of moves. Today on the schedule is knee strengthening exercises. I think I will do the you tube video, it's one of my favorites.

This morning, I did walk outdoors for one mile. It takes me about a half hour. Although, Jessica's one miles take 15 minutes, lol. It was nice to get outdoors. The canal path was really crowded this morning. I saw a mama duck and some babies swimming by in the canal, I enjoyed that. I had to get out by 7:00 am, as we are having hot weather now. Highs are now triple digits, which is earlier than normal, we should be just in the 90's. It's supposed to drop back down to the 90's in a week, thankfully. But next week has a projected high of 106. Yikes, that will break a record. I hope it's wrong!
Old 04-25-20, 08:05 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The weather was nice here today and I attempted to go out for a walk, but there were far too many people out and they were not wearing masks or being careful, so I gave up and walked for a half hour inside my house! I agree people are just not following the rules anymore and are just doing whatever they want, which is not a great idea. The parks here are closed, but I saw some people walking in the park anyway (I live across the street and can see into the park from my upstairs window).

Sherry, Today was Jessica's knee strengthening workout on the schedule for me too! I don't think I'd ever done that one before and I enjoyed it. I can't believe how hot it is there! Thanks for the tip on the mask maker. I checked out her site and I may order one.

Donna, I haven't been good at following rotations since this whole mess began, but Jessica's new one has a lot of variety and I like it so far. My nephew found out he got into the local college after all, so he's happy. His older brother also goes there and with all the craziness going on, it's best to be closer to home anyway.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I plan to stay in and declutter.
Old 04-26-20, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today, so far, I did:

Blessful Body - Open Hips/Open Heart - this is one of her longer workouts, just over 30 min. A fusion of Pilates, Yoga, mobility work.

I'm low on energy today - so this was a struggle! If the weather holds up I'll probably do a dog walk w/ DD....I may also get inspired to do something else, but you never know!

My neighborhood is sort of set aside/isolated, so the only people that are walking here are the residents - and many don't really go out for walks. We have a lot of senior citizens in our neighborhood.

Yesterday was the first day it really "hit" me so to speak about the isolation. So maybe that is why I'm bummed today. I also just saw where we added close to 1,200 cases from Friday-Saturday. So I don't think we're getting out of isolation any time soon. Our Governor, for now, is taking a conservative approach to re-opening. I honestly don't mind not going in to the office, I could easily have a 100% work from home job - but I would like to run out to get something I need from time to time....

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 04-26-20, 02:19 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Miserable weather today so I'm staying in. I walked around my house for a half hour, lol. Today is a rest day on the rotation, but I might do a short walking workout later. I've been spending too much time on the computer.

Donna, I agree about going to the office. I'm certainly happy to stay home! That's the only good thing to come out of this mess. Whenever the office opens up again, I'm telling my boss I'm staying home. I also have the type of job that can be 100% work from home so there is just no reason to go in. I would like to be able to go out and run errands and go places though, but I think that's a long way off.

Sherry, hope it's not too hot there!
Old 04-27-20, 07:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I really was low energy yesterday - but DD and I did walk the dogs in between the rain....

Today, still low energy - may be b/c it is Monday or, once again, overcast...but so far today was:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - Malibu
Blessful Body - Core Fundamentals

Both were good for my mood today - low energy, not much for thinking!

wishiwasinhawaii - yesterday was really gloomy....I'm sure that affected my energy! I forgot to mention about your nephew - it may be good to stay close to home until all of this subsides....whenever that will be, who knows? I think my DD is warming to the idea of staying closer to home for at least the first two years. There is a college here that is literally twenty minutes away - she could live on campus, but come home whenever she wanted and she could still lease her horse, etc. We shall see, I feel like everything about that is on "hold" due to this virus.

waves, Sherry!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong