Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-17, 02:30 PM  
LoveVA

Anyone Know Anything about Ilaria?

I was just wondering how she was doing. I know she was diagnosed with breast cancer and I think she was going to film a documentary about it.

Anyone have an update?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 02:47 PM  
Calistro

I was wondering myself and thought to email her, but I do not know if it is appropriate.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 03:06 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Looks like there was a Kickstarter to raise money that ended in October, and the documentary is supposed to come up later this year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...i-film-project

I was wondering too. I did notice that she's teaching again and seems to be doing well.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 05:53 PM  
muggle

I'm wondering too. She looks great and must have gotten clearance from her doctors to do all her workouts again.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 06:07 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I haven't seen any specifics on her diagnosis or treatment. I wonder if she's saving that for the documentary? Anyway, it looks like she was diagnosed about a year ago. I personally was diagnosed in July of 2013, had lumpectomy, radiation, and went through genetic testing and was all done with that by November. My mom was diagnosed in September 2014 with her third occurrence. She had chemo, surgeries, and radiation and was all done by May (fly from GA to AZ for a visit, even).

It never really all goes away but you can be back in action pretty quickly, especially if you start out healthy. Ilaria was I'm sure in great shape and maybe even managed to stay that way throughout.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote