Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-16, 01:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Donna, I like your 24 hour cooling off period method!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 01:33 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Donna, I like your 24 hour cooling off period method!
Thanks, it does help. Not all the time, like if there is a sale that expires the next day I still may impulse buy! This time, I'm glad I waited as I think I can get what I need w/ the monthly membership of $9/month. I like to workout w/ a variety of instructors and styles, too, so for me monthly is usually the best way to go as I'm often ready to move on at the end of a month.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 02:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thanks, it does help. Not all the time, like if there is a sale that expires the next day I still may impulse buy! This time, I'm glad I waited as I think I can get what I need w/ the monthly membership of $9/month. I like to workout w/ a variety of instructors and styles, too, so for me monthly is usually the best way to go as I'm often ready to move on at the end of a month.

Donna
I agree, $9/month sounds like a really great deal and seems to be a great fit for your needs, some of the pictures look like there are some lovely outdoor workouts, if you try them please report back!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 08:56 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
if you follow the link in "imhere2dance's" post below, page two of that thread has a clear image of a list of all of the workouts and the durations. that should address your question.
I already noticed this info before I posted my response, I was hoping to have a better detail of what each workout is compiled of, in other words, does the dance have all dance only? OR does it have some lunges, other type toning movements? Do some of the toning workouts include, a yoga or pilates type addition to them? What type of equipment is required if any? And with Denise's workouts, they are usually shorter than stated on the menu. So no. This really did not address my question.
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 03:48 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpeanut View Post
I already noticed this info before I posted my response, I was hoping to have a better detail of what each workout is compiled of, in other words, does the dance have all dance only? OR does it have some lunges, other type toning movements? Do some of the toning workouts include, a yoga or pilates type addition to them? What type of equipment is required if any? And with Denise's workouts, they are usually shorter than stated on the menu. So no. This really did not address my question.
My apologies. Sorry about that. Hope someone can assist you.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 05:14 AM  
donnamp

I'm still thinking about joining for the month for $9, if I do, I'll post some descriptions of the workouts- you can watch some brief clips on her site. One is yoga on a beach - lovely scene. And, one is also a barre workout.

Donna
Old 10-02-16, 10:33 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I'm still thinking about joining for the month for $9, if I do, I'll post some descriptions of the workouts- you can watch some brief clips on her site. One is yoga on a beach - lovely scene. And, one is also a barre workout.

Donna
Ok, that would be great, Donna. If you could include some of the other workouts back grounds (outdoor, studio type), this would be nice.
Old 10-03-16, 02:04 PM  
donnamp

Apparently, if you visit her site often enough you get another discount! I have an offer for the 360 program for $50 - still not sure it is worth it as I'm not sure how much I would use the meal plan. Still, I am feeling like I need some strong direction and discipline, especially as we hit the pre-holiday/holiday season!

Donna
Old 10-04-16, 10:45 PM  
beanpeanut

[QUOTE=donnamp;2666455]Apparently, if you visit her site often enough you get another discount!

Seems like an invite, an invitation to....Be Hacked!!

I could use some better motivation as well, Donna. At least I'm still walking several days a week but it's time for me to pump up the cardio and I was hoping that her new Dvds would be a motivator.
Old 10-05-16, 06:25 PM  
LuceLu

Interesting...

I checked out her website and watched her sample workout and looked at a sample recipe/menu. I really thought about it but realized I've got tons of workouts... I have lots of old Denise workouts that I have not done in a really long time. I also have some of her books with recipes...

so, why not make up a Denise rotation with what I already have?
Her peppy talk used to annoy me but now I love it and think she is charming. Just like I have become accustomed to Leslie.

I don't know what has gotten into me (hello, usually not very disciplined with impulse buys).
LuceLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, denise austin 360, denise austin befit, denise austin lifefit