Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-15, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

It looks like there are many Denise workouts on the BeFit channel on You Tube.

I always liked the workouts Denise put out, but I don't see myself spending that kind of money! I'm also not good about following other's food plans!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 10:46 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I like Denise's workouts too; wish we could just buy the DVDs; agree that this is over-priced.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-15, 09:22 AM  
sillygirl

I found this image of the 360 DVDs. 14 workouts on 6 DVDs. I'm interested but don't want to pay for the entire package just to get them.

sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-15, 02:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is denise affiliated with the same company that distributed the BeFit series ? i ask because i see the BeFit logo on her youtube workouts.

if that's the case.... maybe at some point, these streaming videos might be offered on DVD. that's the path that BeFit took on their original content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I like Denise's workouts too; wish we could just buy the DVDs; agree that this is over-priced.
i've been collecting a lot of Denise's workouts that she released from maybe the late 90s (?) or so. they're actually quite good because Lisa Wheeler/Cal Pozo were on board around this time, so the quality greatly improved.

and if you look at her workouts from the "fusion" standpoint, they're not bad. i also like that she doesn't film in the same-old, same-old location - she always has a different setting.

she has a genuine caring & encouraging attitude too, which has a positive effect. i know people complain about her being off beat or saying certain phrases, but i've come to ignore them.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 03:50 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i've been collecting a lot of Denise's workouts that she released from maybe the late 90s (?) or so. they're actually quite good because Lisa Wheeler/Cal Pozo were on board around this time, so the quality greatly improved.
I have quite a few of hers too! I'm on a Denise and Gilad kick right now.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=bzar;2530417]i've been collecting a lot of Denise's workouts that she released from maybe the late 90s (?) or so. they're actually quite good because Lisa Wheeler/Cal Pozo were on board around this time, so the quality greatly improved.

I don't always click with Denise but I try. Could you list which specific ones of hers you've been enjoying?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15, 01:59 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
This is the 10 minute "Mother & Daughter Dance Workout" on YouTube: Mother & Daughter Dance Workout

It's awful, IMO.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15, 02:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I don't always click with Denise but I try. Could you list which specific ones of hers you've been enjoying?
I have the VF forum to thank for re-turning me on to Denise.

here are the ones I have been using lately that are pretty good. i'm also in the process of writing a VF review of each - some of the workouts are listed on the VF review section but have "0" reviews.

in no specific ranking:
1) Body Makeover (2009): barre-ish and uses light weights for the UB segment
2) 3 Week Boot Camp (2009): uses light weights but has some challenging segments
3) Shrink Your 5 Fat Zones (2012): this was a pleasant surprise - she uses heavy weights in this workout in some of the segments
4) Hot Body Yoga (2010): this has pilates elements in it too - good core work

you might also be able to find the above on youtube - she's transferred many of her workouts to youtube for the public to try out.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15, 02:07 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
is denise affiliated with the same company that distributed the BeFit series ? i ask because i see the BeFit logo on her youtube workouts.
I'm pretty sure that BeFit is the product of Lionsgate, one of the big DVD companies. The company that produces Denise, some Jillian, etc. I'm guessing that the new diet program is through someone else. Lionsgate may not actually produce the content, just distribute it. But, BeFit has a lot of great content and they seem to be teaming with some of the biggest women's fitness stars on Youtube and giving each other some traffic.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15, 03:35 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
If you don't mind my opinion, my favorites are Body Makeover Mix and Body Burn with Dance and Pilates. I like some others, but I reach for those the most.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, denise austin 360