Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-14, 05:43 PM  
Judy W.

I haven't gotten around to the Yoga workout yet either. I enjoyed the cardio quite a lot -- I think this will appeal to those who like Leslie-type workouts, but want a bit more variety. The moves felt good, and are simple enough that you can really pour yourself into it. This type of workout is one where you get out of it what you put in, and I enjoy those the most.

The toning I didn't like as well, although I'll certainly try it again. Denise's cueing was not always clear, and I couldn't always see the screen, so wasn't always sure what she was doing. If you do all the segments together, there is a lot of up and down from the floor, and she made those transfers pretty quickly. I think I'd like it better if I'd had an idea of what is coming, so it would have helped had I previewed it.

Looking forward to the yoga! It really looks lovely.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 06:15 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Any thoughts on the yoga?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 08:59 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I like the looks of the yoga one,but a question about the sun salutation routine, does that mean she's only doing sun salutations for 20 minutes??
Has anyone at least previewed that DVD?
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 08:21 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Has anyone at least previewed that DVD?
Anyone?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 05-23-14, 01:55 PM  
that_tori_girl

I got all 3 and have only cracked open the Fat Burning Cardio. I did the warmup and the 2nd workout, Accelerate Weight Loss.

I have other Denise workouts so I thought I knew what to expect. Ummm...Not so much. I almost Joni-O'd it. The cuing is nonexistent to all over the place and the backgrounders look utterly confused at multiple points throughout the workout. Denise just seems extra OTT and even though it is low impact and geared towards beginners (I'm a solid intermediate), it felt so disjointed that I don't think I could feel right about recommending this to someone looking to getting in to working out.

Oh, there is also some TIFTTing. Not a ridiculous amount, but it is there.

There is a modifier but, as I mentioned above, she looks so lost and confused at multiple points throughout the workout that I wanted to give her a hug and pat her on her head and whisper "we've all been there with Denise".

Not sure if I'm going to keep this one and I don't know if I'm even going to attempt the other workout on the DVD. I had hoped I could use it for lighter days or days when I'm short on time. I think I may need to stay away from the toning DVD. I have a wonky shoulder and weights aggravate it. I have a legitimate concern about the toning DVD being as all over the place and lacking in the cuing and form department as the cardio one is. For me, that just screams potentials for injuries.

I am, however, curious about the yoga DVD. I've found that I click better with Denise when she's doing yoga. I think that's her sweet spot. Obviously, she's no Travis or Vytas or Zyrka Landwijt (my newest favorite yoga instructor) but I think her yoga DVDs are great intros to yoga as a whole.
Old 05-26-14, 04:00 PM  
moonbeam31

Thanks for the review of the cardio one- I mostly just have kept Denise's Toning and Yoga/Pilates workouts- as for her Cardio I have gotten rid of most of them. I think the Toning and Yoga ones look nice- please let us know when you get around to trying them how those ones are! Thanks!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 08:53 AM  
goldengirl

Bumping. I'm interested in the yoga. Has anyone tried it?
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 08:42 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I think someone actually reviewed it on a separate thread.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 06-15-14, 10:13 PM  
muddjeansgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_tori_girl View Post
I got all 3 and have only cracked open the Fat Burning Cardio. I did the warmup and the 2nd workout, Accelerate Weight Loss.

I have other Denise workouts so I thought I knew what to expect. Ummm...Not so much. I almost Joni-O'd it. The cuing is nonexistent to all over the place and the backgrounders look utterly confused at multiple points throughout the workout. Denise just seems extra OTT and even though it is low impact and geared towards beginners (I'm a solid intermediate), it felt so disjointed that I don't think I could feel right about recommending this to someone looking to getting in to working out.

Oh, there is also some TIFTTing. Not a ridiculous amount, but it is there.

There is a modifier but, as I mentioned above, she looks so lost and confused at multiple points throughout the workout that I wanted to give her a hug and pat her on her head and whisper "we've all been there with Denise".
Not sure if I'm going to keep this one and I don't know if I'm even going to attempt the other workout on the DVD. I had hoped I could use it for lighter days or days when I'm short on time. I think I may need to stay away from the toning DVD. I have a wonky shoulder and weights aggravate it. I have a legitimate concern about the toning DVD being as all over the place and lacking in the cuing and form department as the cardio one is. For me, that just screams potentials for injuries.

I am, however, curious about the yoga DVD. I've found that I click better with Denise when she's doing yoga. I think that's her sweet spot. Obviously, she's no Travis or Vytas or Zyrka Landwijt (my newest favorite yoga instructor) but I think her yoga DVDs are great intros to yoga as a whole.

Hahaha, best laugh I have had all day.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 03:38 PM  
imhere2dance

Bump!

The DVDs are available again through Denise's website: https://www.deniseaustin.com/shop/
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, denise austin 360