Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-16, 06:46 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricek View Post
Jessica Smith's Summer Challenge, Barre3 streaming, and hula hoop class twice a week in the park. Zero dread factor!! I look forward to my workouts everyday and I'm feeling great!��
Hula Hoop in the park, that sounds so fun!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 07:08 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

I was doing Supreme 90 - it's one I always go back to - until I injured my shoulder - two freak hyperextensions. What a drag - not sure what to do at this point, maybe some floor work and bike for cardio. But those S90 workouts do a lot in a relatively little amount of time, despite low production value, these have always given me great results..hopefully can get back to them in the not-too-distant future.

Good luck getting some inspiration! Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 07:20 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I've been enjoying light kettlebells, a la Brook Benten and Angie Whatshername. Definitely gets the HR up without any jarring impact!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 07:34 AM  
cherimac

Pilates by Lisa always. Jessica Smith, too.
Old 07-15-16, 07:42 AM  
Messe

Jessica Smith and Ellen Barrett. I could get used to this!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 08:02 AM  
Robin C

Smile

Cathe and Leslie mostly.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 08:15 AM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Hula Hoop in the park, that sounds so fun!
It really is so much fun!! It's a great workout.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 08:44 AM  
LoveVA

Still loving the Firm. I've settled in to a little pattern of doing Firm, Tracie Long, Jari Love, Ilaria kickboxing and Cathe cardio. Every once in awhile, I'll throw in a completely random workout like one of the BBL workouts or a Michelle Dozois Peak 10 workout, but almost all my workouts come from those 5.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 08:54 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Yoga--Janice Lennard's yoga DVD has become a big favorite, and for a complete contrast to Janice, I have been doing some DDP Yoga workouts as well.

Stretching--I stumbled across a wonderful YouTube video about Maia Helles. She is well into her 90s and taught bodywork for decades in NY and London. Maia's actual stretching routine starts at around 11 minutes in this video. Keep in mind this is very informal, shot in her apartment, and her counting is uneven at some points. To me it doesn't matter. I really love this routine, and Maia, and have been doing it on a daily basis since I discovered it. It makes me feel wonderful, and Maia is so inspiring. I also have been doing Finis Jhung's Meditative Stretching routine, and it is wonderful too. Finis was 75 when he made this DVD; he's a few years older now. He's a terrific teacher and very inspiring.

Weight training--I do this at the gym.

Calisthenics--every day I do pushups, squats and core work if I don't go to the gym.

Cycling--I've hardly been off my bike since spring arrived.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 09:28 AM  
marki64

I really am digging Michelle's Dozios. Now I just need to make more time to work out. Not enough hours in my day, I guess.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatics