Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-16, 02:45 PM  
54sneakers
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I am MADLY in love with my Conair Fashion Curl Automatic Curler. I love the way my hair turns out! I wasn't expecting it to be much different from my curling iron, but it's fantastic - I can't say enough good things about it.
Is that the tool that grabs the hair in the chamber and curls it? I've given up on curling my hair since it never, ever lasts for more than an hour. If this will keep the curl in, I'll have to get one!
54sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 02:55 PM  
Gams

Yep, Marianne, that's the one. I have straight, fine hair and the curl looks great all day. I also love the way it kind of makes a loose ringlet - it's hard to describe, but I look like I have lots hair. I think the secret is to follow the directions - you're supposed to curl only a 1/2 to 1" section of hair at a time. I think some people get impatient and try to curl huge hunks of hair and it doesn't work as well.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 03:26 PM  
tamib

Has anyone had any success finding a product that gets rid of milia? I tried Paula's Choice BHA and it definitely helps with breakouts but doesn't seem to affect the milia on my jaw that keeps getting worse.
Thanks.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 05:20 PM  
videofit

Retin A might work since it's an exfoliant and keeps pores open so you don't form more.
Old 01-25-16, 06:09 PM  
wendug

I love my clarisonic, but I've had it for years and have noticed it will not stay charged now. I was wondering, has anyone else had a clarisonic for a few years and discovered it slowly dying? I'm afraid I'm going to reach for it one day and it will be dead! Oh, the horror! I wonder about the lifespan of them.
Old 01-25-16, 06:41 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Any recs for an awesome razor? I have always been very particular about blades. So much that I found mens to be so better than any company geared to women. However now even the Mach 3 I used to love is so much cheaper. I put in a new blade today I was really like WTH?? this blows. Plus they are not cheap
Dorco razors are cheaper. I've only used the disposables, but the regular ones are supposed to be good quality.

http://www.dorcousa.com/
Old 01-25-16, 06:49 PM  
cherimac

My latest rave is Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel. This stuff is fantastic. Not quite a foundation but more coverage than your average BB cream. It hydrates my skin(which is a bit drier in the winter), doesn't fade, and isn't greasy. Love it. It's a bit pricey as I use a lot of drugstore brands, but worth it. Paula Begoun said it was one of 2015's Best of the Best products and I agree.

I've tried everything under the sun for my drier patches on my face and keep coming back to organic coconut oil. It's not greasy, hydrates well, and keeps my skin smooth and free of flaking for a fraction of the cost of moisturizer.
Old 01-25-16, 07:47 PM  
MARIKA

Gams- Ive debated on getting that thing for years. Now I want it. I just bought the hair perfecter brush that opens into a flat iron.

Wendy- I stressed about my Clairisonic dying after I had mine a few years so I bought a new one about year ago just in case.

Leonana, Thanks I will check them out/
Old 01-25-16, 07:50 PM  
Gams

Marika,

It's easy for me to get carried away when I see something demonstrated on t.v. and think I just HAVE to have one, but this may be the first time the reality is just as good, if not better, than what I had hoped.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 07:55 PM  
killoffsonny

I've discovered Josie Maran's Argan oil although it's pretty pricey. Does anyone else know of a less expensive brand that works just as well?

Has anyone tried the Josie Maran's Argan oil milk?

Tags
beauty thread, paulas choice