Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-16, 10:08 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
Donna, I think you may be referring to the same Lori whose posts I was inspired by. that's a great combo.
Hi ladies! It is me! How nice to have a shout-out! I enjoy you both so much, so it's quite lovely to see you both in this thread.

I have been having tremendous results from mixing Tracie's workouts, old school Firms, and CS/Ess. I can't remember when I've been this lean, without really trying. I don't do heavy weights any more (nothing more than a 10 lb dumbbell), and I can't do tons of high impact (a little impact is okay). I also really enjoy the variety and creativity of Tracie's workouts and old school Firms, and more recently, Gilad! I try to get in a CS/Ess at least four times a week, but that varies with my schedule.

Julie -- most of the old school firms remind me of Breakthrough -- I did this one the other day and thought of you! Hugs to your doggie from mine!

Donna -- so glad to hear you're finish out the summer with Tracie! Hope you and your family are doing well!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 12:47 PM  
donnamp

Thanks for stopping by, Lori!! Your rotation/plan sounds great.

I also like the idea that on the longer Tracie Long DVDs she has pre-mixes. That should help once school starts again.

You and Julie sound like me - I need to stick to no more than an 8 or 10 - and I can do some impact but not a ton. Sounds like Tracie fits the bill for us!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 05:50 PM  
FirmDeb

Love this thread. I'm into Miracle Miles right now. I'm eyeing Jessica Smith's 6 week challenge for September.
FirmDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 05:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith's 6-Week Challenge phase 3. I'm loving it and tomorrow I'm starting week 4 of the rotation. I'm actually amazed that I'm still going strong because I've never before lasted more than 1 week on any rotation. This new set is so much fun and there is so much variety that I'm looking forward to my workouts each day.
Old 07-24-16, 09:25 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Hi ladies! It is me! How nice to have a shout-out! I enjoy you both so much, so it's quite lovely to see you both in this thread.

I have been having tremendous results from mixing Tracie's workouts, old school Firms, and CS/Ess. I can't remember when I've been this lean, without really trying. I don't do heavy weights any more (nothing more than a 10 lb dumbbell), and I can't do tons of high impact (a little impact is okay). I also really enjoy the variety and creativity of Tracie's workouts and old school Firms, and more recently, Gilad! I try to get in a CS/Ess at least four times a week, but that varies with my schedule.

Julie -- most of the old school firms remind me of Breakthrough -- I did this one the other day and thought of you! Hugs to your doggie from mine!

Donna -- so glad to hear you're finish out the summer with Tracie! Hope you and your family are doing well!
Hi Lori! Thanks and same to you! Somehow I missed your post upthread--your results are so inspiring! I have always loved aerobics with weights and never even realized that's what so many of The Firm's and Tracie's even were. I love the concept and they are fun! Hugs to your doggie too!

Donna, I can handle some impact too but I really don't even need it these days because my heart rate seems to get up there without it. I love doing "light" plyometrics though.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 10:24 PM  
nschultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Jessica Smith's 6-Week Challenge phase 3. I'm loving it and tomorrow I'm starting week 4 of the rotation. I'm actually amazed that I'm still going strong because I've never before lasted more than 1 week on any rotation. This new set is so much fun and there is so much variety that I'm looking forward to my workouts each day.
I couldn't agree with you more. I rarely stick to any schedule, however tomorrow marks week 3 for me. I love the variety and am actually waking up early (before work) to do these. Absolutely no dread factor for me.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatics