Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 01-21-20, 09:43 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Kitchenaid recommendations

I want to purchase a KitchenAid stand mixer and there are over 40 of them.. How do I decide which one to purchase and the best place to purchase one.. I've chosen a few colors but then some colors I like don't come in a certain mixer.

do i pick a mixer first and then worry about color?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 12:56 PM  
BunnyHop

I think you need to come at it from a technical standpoint first.

What will you be using it for?

It seems to me that a lot of the newer ones are too small for the sort of stuff I like to do.

I'd get the biggest, strongest one you can fit in your budget.

30 years or so ago, my dad got a refurbished professional one from a local cooking store. The first one was a dud, so it was easy to take it back for a refund. The replacement is still going strong, but with all the changes at the company in recent years I'm not sure what to do if I ever need to replace the beater blade or kneading hook.
Old 01-21-20, 01:19 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Yes. I understand. With all the new numbers it’s just confusing. Even if I had them side by side I’d like to know why versus another. I’m mostly interested to use at least one a week. Thought because I wanted to make bread now and then I needed a good motor. I want it to be here when I’m done with this earth. I don’t want to have to rebuy every 4 years.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-21-20, 04:20 PM  
sherry7899

I have a Kitchen Aid Artisan 5 quart stand mixer I bought about five years ago. I use it all the time for cookie dough, bread dough and cake batter. It has stood up very well. (now I'm jinxing myself!)

It's too bad you missed out on Black Friday sales. I wonder if any stores would have President Day sales next month. I got mine on sale at Kohl's. They had it on sale for $100 off, plus I had a 30 percent off coupon and also used an American Express gift card my husband's employer had given him, so I only had to spend $60. That was very lucky.

I think the mixer is more important than the color. You could always buy a cover in a color you really like if the mixer you want does not come in the color you want. My mixer is cobalt blue

I think a six quart one would be nice, but I really don't need one that big, and they are out of my price range.

Do you have a spot on the counter where you can leave it out all the time? They are awkward to move in and out of cabinets or closets.

Kohl's or Bed Bath and Beyond frequently have sales and coupons. If you get it from Kohl's it would qualify for free shipping. I'm not sure about Bed Bath and Beyond's shipping policies. I think Macy's frequently has them on sale also.

This may help:
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/page...son-chart.html

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 04:32 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I believe they ar the best. I don’t know how many sunbeams or no name mixers, I’ve had. Time to buckle down and do it. I’ll start looking at my flyer inserts now

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-21-20, 06:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I have the KitchenAid Artisan 5 quart Stand Mixer and I love it. It was a wedding gift so it's 42 years old and still runs well. I don't like the other KitchenAid models. Pick the color you love!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 06:53 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

WOW WHAT!!!! I knew they lasted but I didn’t realize, how long. And they are still producing that one. Thank you for reply. I don’t have those many years a head of me. Might as well do it. I also prefer a color I like since I’ll be looking at the thing every time I go in the kitchen. I don’t want to have to cover it up, it’s jewelry for the kitchen.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-21-20, 07:48 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I still use my mom's 5qt Kitchenaid occasionally (K5SS) and I believe it's a pre-1986 Hobart one since the Hobart name is on the band. Not sure if they're still built to last like they used to be. She had to have acquired it in the 1970s or 1980s at the latest I'm guessing. I still use her old Cuisinart too from about the same time period.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 06:40 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I have the KitchenAid Artisan 5 quart Stand Mixer and I love it. It was a wedding gift so it's 42 years old and still runs well. I don't like the other KitchenAid models. Pick the color you love!
Ditto! I have a 35 year old 4.5 quart stand mixer and it still works like day 1.
Old 01-23-20, 02:34 PM  
wendug

I've had my mixer about 20 years now and it still works great! It was a gift so i didn't choose the color, but I'm fine with it in black. A friend bought an old kitchenaid mixer from an estate sale for a steal and it works wonderfully for him! They really are made to last!

Tags
kitchenaid, stand mixers