Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-19, 04:47 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Stott Pilates Essential reformer 3rd edition.. absolutely great. Love it. had me stand, use my box and much more. i give it a 5X

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 07:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Started my strength rotation with Xtrain Bis and tris. Loved this workout

Carol congratulations to your DS! And I have two left feet so any cardio usually involves me tripping myself...but I have long ago accepted that. However, other than Cathe's basic step workout I am really not sure I can do any of her other cardios and don't own the one you did.

Cheryl I love when a workout utilizes my equipment.

Dana that really is a bargain...most of the really good DVDs are in that price range.

Christine I finished up my Jessica inspired rotation and before starting this new rotation I gave myself a rest weekend as well.

Donna the lil tot stage was exhausting..but the teenager stuff is heartbreaking sometimes can end up draining you emotionally. Keep up the kind to you workouts...you need them

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 09:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday I did

Cathe - LITE - Strong Body Stacked Sets - Upper: Basic Premix #1 (Workout & Extended Stretch) - 45 minutes or so

I semi-modified a few moves in the first block (the ones hard on the hands & wrists) but everything else I did as intended, but with less weight than Cathe. DS even came in and joined me for a few exercises. He said something about if we were going to exercise together we needed to move to a bigger room. I would be thrilled if he would exercise regularly, with me or without me. Like many in his generation, exercise is not happening.

Cathe really hit a home run for me with the LITE series - I didn't really think she could dumb herself down enough to do a true intermediate series, but she did. I like it much better than the ICE series.

Linda - I am choreography challenged as well. I had a moment (well two moments) of temporarily insanity and ordered Cathe's new step series mainly because I wanted the "intermediate" step routine which I will do on the floor and because I wanted the 2 extended stretch routines, especially the chair one. I say two moments of temporary insanity because I ordered it early on and cancelled it and then reordered once I saw the clips of the stretches. Vidiot!

Cheryl - So glad you have hit your sweet spot with your exercise routine.

Dana - Glad you are enjoying Chris' website. If DS makes good on his comment about exercising with me, I'm thinking that that Walk, Sculpt and Sweat calendar is a good place for us to start.

Donna - Continuing to pray for your DD. It's hard being a teen! Is there a magnet school anywhere she could attend that focuses on the arts?

Christine - Thanks Christine! DS is a smart cookie, although sometimes he has a hard time communicating. It's all part of the autism, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 12:05 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Dance Party - this is a new one on her site - it is lead by Heather who is one of the background exercisers in her videos. It was short and good for a warm up, but not much of a workout!

Yoga w/ Adriene - Anchor in Hope - I really wanted to do the Unshaken Yoga Day 5 - but I wasn't up for a longer practice and didn't want to do a whole lot this morning as I had some things to do around the house. This was a good one at 18 minutes - not too taxing.

Yesterday DD and I took a long walk - I got over 14K steps which is a lot for me! I also ended up doing Ellen's Sleek Side Body.

Thank you all for the wishes for my DD. It is a rough road - we did think about having her transfer to an arts based program, but she has since changed her mind about studying art in college. Although she loves it - she is worried about the viability of a career in art. Just not sure what is best for her. There is only a year and a half left to go. Maybe after this year she will see she really is on the down hill slide. I think she has some self-awareness to realize that a big part of her distress will end with H.S.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day.

Merry Christmas!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 12:41 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Total Body & Core

This was a nice mix of standing work and Pilates abs.

Donna, it sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, and will be okay in time. I'm glad she's close with you and your DH, and her friends from private school. That support really helps!

Carol, It's so good that he's putting himself out there and being given these amazing opportunities! I'm sure that helps with the communication aspect.

Linda, it feels good to rest sometimes!

Cheryl, nice workout!

Waves to Cheri, Brenda, Dana, everyone...

Merry Christmas!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 01:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

This morning I did:

GHUTV Walk,Sweat, Sculpt UB - 30m
ePilates Cardio Core - 20m

This combo really works for me right now. I'm feeling changes from doing ePilates this whole month. No body aches to speak of, my flexibility has improved and so did my posture. I've been pretty consistent with pilates because I really like Emma and her workouts. They are effective but don't rep you to death. I can relate to her better than I did to other instructors.

Happy Holidays to All!
Old 12-24-19, 04:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Merry Christmas Eve to you guys!

Today was Xtrain legs and delts bonus. I did the warmup, delts and then just standing and floor legs. Maybe one day I can tack on the Barre segment but not today! The last leg exercise with the 2# weight behind my knee felt like 50#.

Carol thanks for reviewing those LITE workouts. I went back and forth between purchasing those or the ICE and am reading your thoughts because it sounds like you view them the way I would.

Christine rest is good! I have no problem inserting a rest day whenever I feel like it! Doing that I'm convinced helps me respect the body I have been blessed with

Donna watching those yoga with Adrienne YouTube's have been invaluable to me. I actually do happy baby at the end of every weight workout and watched her do that so much I can kind of hear her soothing voice in my head

Dana finding a combo is so important and you haven't mentioned your teeth lately so am hoping that means you are still pain free?

Brenda hope you kicked that cold so you can enjoy this holiday!

Cheri you're in the home stretch...soon it will just be returns

Cheryl my workout used so much of my equipment between the resistance tubing, resistance loops, gliding disc, stability ball, barbell and dumbbells that I thought of you, lol. I was having a blast playing with all my fitness toys

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Merry Christmas!

This morning was Ellen's Yogini workout.

Christine - yes, my DD does have a good head on her shoulders which is why some of this has just taken me by complete surprise and is so out of character for her.

Hope everyone has a nice day -

Donna
Old 12-25-19, 09:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas all!

My Christmas Eve workout was

Cathe - LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower Body - Basic Premix #1 (Full workout & extended stretch) - 45 minutes or so

I found this workout tougher than yesterday's upper body stacked sets workout. I should have done one of the timesaver premixes because that would have eliminated a few of the exercises. I was really struggling on the last set of exercises (2nd time through). I actually skipped a couple of them because I was so tired. Pretty sweaty stuff for me. No crazy exercises, all pretty straight forward stuff.

Donna - nice choice for your Christmas morning workout! I always thought that was Ellen's toughest workout, but I can't remember why. It does sound like your DD has a great head on her shoulders. It's hard for teens to realize that there's something beyond high school, especially where the social aspect is concerned. I know you all are close and that speaks volumes about your parenting skills.

Linda - nice workout! I have Cathe's Xtrain set, but I don't think I've ever been brave enough to do them. Maybe some day! Do they have shorter premixes? That's generally a must for me with Cathe workouts. I just don't want to work my bi's and tri's for an hour. That's one thing I really love about both the ICE series and the LITE series. I do think that the ICE series is a little harder than the LITE series - LITE feels truly intermediate, while ICE doesn't to me. I think it's the exercise selections.

Dana - Nice workouts! I really liked that Walking & Upper Body Sculpt workout. It was challenging, but not impossible. Glad you've found your pilates sweet spot.

Christine - good job! It looks like you've found your pilates sweet spot as well. Yes, DS has been blessed with a couple of professors that have really helped him navigate the rough waters of senior design projects, etc. When DS's dad died unexpectedly in the summer of 2018, one of those professors showed up at the funeral, which I thought was really above and beyond. The other one probably would have come also except that he was out of state at the time.

Waves and holiday wishes to all! It is a warm, cloudy, windy Christmas Day for us. Maybe we'll get some rain on Friday, but there's no snow to be had.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 05:04 PM  
donnamp

Carol - that is nice that your DS's professors helped so much! Is he excited to start grad school?

I think Yogini is tough b/c of the planks and such....for me, I think Slim Sculpt may be her most challenging....

Hope everyone had a good day!

Donna