Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-15, 05:15 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Sit Back Legs & Glutes Youtube workout

I wanted to give a shout out to momof10/Cheryl's Youtube workout, Sit Back Legs & Glutes. I did this workout this morning and it's a great lower body workout that uses a rebounder. But, it can easily be done sans a rebounder.

First, production is "at home" production. There is nothing fancy or polished, but don't let it take away from the workout itself, because it's a solid workout that really targets your legs and butt! The workout starts with a nice warm up to warm you up, the workout, and a really nice stretch at the end.

What I really liked about the exercises is that each exercise has a stretch built into it, and since you're holding each move longer it burns quite a bit. The exercises seems TAish to me, but I think it's a good thing. Again, what makes this workout really good is the slower pace and the added stretch with each rep.

I did this workout after my main workout, and think it was a good choice because I felt worked and stretched at the same time. I did pause the workout with each new exercise so I could get the correct form and leg alignment, especially the leg on the rebounder. My rebounder was the smallest Bellicon, and Cheryl uses the second in size. Next time I'll use my big Bellicon, because the little one was actually too small. I burned 298 calories and sweated quite a bit with this workout.

Anyway, Cheryl, kudos to you. You did a great job with this workout and I'm looking forward to doing more of your workouts.

Hi everyone!

It's just now starting to get too hot to be upstairs for the day. I can't complain though. Nice summers here make fall and winter much more bearable.

Helen, I can not believe how many types of "street" styles are out there now. They are amazing to watch, especially the good ones. Twitch said it best. Had he not been on the show years ago, he wouldn't be where he's at today, because the street dancers today are so GOOD!!!!! Kudos to your hubby for getting his weight under control.

Kim, Tonique definitely gets your heart rate up and it really is a sweat fest workout. You definitely don't need traditional cardio when Tonique is your mainstream workout. Sylwia is just brilliant. She honestly is the only instructor that has created an endurance workout that mimics the same calorie burn as running, but she takes it further by really toning your entire body. Speaking of rebounders, I did Cheryl's(momof10) Sit Back Legs and Glutes Youtube workout this morning, and overall, it's a great workout. What I really liked about it is that the moves are slower because you stretch with each rep. She uses her rebounder for the workouts. I had a major burn going on in my legs and glutes. I'll definitely do this one again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_I21_UI6v0
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 07:08 PM  
momof10

Debbie, thank you so much for the nice review. I worked hard putting those moves together and using the rebounder to pull back more into my moves. I have come a long way in the 9 weeks I have been producing the videos. The filming of these videos just came as an idea to have videos for a rebounding group I helped to start and it has escalated into my passion for my workouts and using my own moves and being creative.

As you know, I have been a Tonique woman through and through for 6 years and it has done wonders for me. I feel I have come to a point in my life that I want to do certain workouts with the moves I love and feel when I do them. These workouts have done wonders for me mentally as well as physically. I haven't done Tonique in those 9 weeks and have been concentrating on my own workouts and have been amazed with my transformation.

Thank you so much for writing a review here. It means so much to me.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng

Cheryl

Oh I want to add that I have invested lots of time and money into these videos to share with others for free. They are produced very low key and in my workout room at home and are simplistic with the filming, but they are good workouts especially my last 12 or so videos. I have 35 workout videos posted on this channel and one Tribute & Testimony. I put about two hours into putting the workout together then I switch moves around and practice film it the I tweak it before I film it. I also bought a MacBook Pro so I could edit these through IMovies. I hope some of you with rebounders try them out. Also, I have a few check in buddies who do them without the rebounder and sub in other cardio and use a bench or other things to do it.
Old 07-01-15, 07:20 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Oh wow, that's awesome! Way to go, Cheryl! I'll have to dig out my rebounder and give it a try!!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 07:33 PM  
casey

Cheryl
Thank you so much for designing and filming your workouts and sharing them with us for free. I am really enjoying them and I don't even have a rebounder. If they have cardio intervals, I run on my treadmill. I use my 8" club step with my exercise mat over the top, folded under two sides. The ones I loved the most so far are Sit Back Legs &Glutes, Stretch Back Legs and Glutes, Laying Down Abs and Glutes. There are more but I can't keep up with you and I just keep trying them!

The best thing is that you have done so many workouts that you know what works for you. You take the best of other workouts but you also create new innovative moves. Also, you have such nice stretches at the end. If someone thinks Tonique moves too fast, Cheryl does her moves very deliberately where you have time to get the full benefit of the move, plus she gives me time to set myself up for the movement with proper foot placement. Also, she works both sides of the body before she moves onto a new move instead of working one side forever. And you really feel the move but there are less reps, like 15-20.
So happy! I still love Tonique but this is just more good stuff and different too.
Thanks for doing this, putting yourself out there, and it's free! Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 07:57 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Oh wow, that's awesome! Way to go, Cheryl! I'll have to dig out my rebounder and give it a try!!
Thank you so much. We Vfers need to stick together. We all love our videos and why not do a few of a fellow VFer

Cheryl
Old 07-01-15, 08:03 PM  
momof10

Hey, Casey!!! You have been my biggest supporter and encouraging me and even doing the workouts without a rebounder and having to figure out ways to do it. I really appreciate you and all you have done to help me. I also feel it in my Glutes so much and I do one leg then the other leg but I have found even though I am working one leg, my other leg is working, too. Also, when I do lower body work, you are working your whole body. The same is true for my upper body and core work, I still am incorporating my lower body. I do about 6 to 7 minutes of a warm up and a nice 6 to 7 minute stretch. I just make up my warm ups and stretches when I am practice filming them. For the stretches, I just incorporate what my body feels needs stretching and it works out quite well that way.

Did you see I posted in our check in about the big news of free shipping on all Bellicons in the continental U.S. I posted the link in our check in. 😊😊

Cheryl