Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-13, 04:20 AM  
Keepfitgirl

Anyone got Leslie's Dance to the Hits Party Songs?

If so, which is better the Radio Hits or the Party Hits? The collage reviews seem to favour the Party Hits. I'm not sure that I want to get both. The Party hits clip at both Mary's and Collage looks good and I recognized more tunes on it than the Radio hits. Do I need both?!

Thanks

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 04:30 AM  
Donna D

I hated the Radio Mix; although I was in the minority.

I previewed the Party Songs last night; I thought it was much better.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 04:56 AM  
lrb04

I have both & they are kind of similar to me. The party hits songs are older 1980's (I think the Go Gos I got the Beat, Lionel Richie's Dancing on the Ceiling & MC Hammer's Can't Touch It). These song are more familiar to me since I was in HS early 1980's. The songs in remix are foreign to me so I can't even name them. I don't think you need both but the songs might make it go one way or another for you. I like these but prefer 5 mega miles for some reason. I also did a new to me Lelslie closer 2 miles today right after doing Party Hits & I like many older Leslie's better. But all Leslie are good to me because she just makes me happy! The miles on the ones you talked about are about the same. 3 miles is about 41-43" total. I hoped that helped you!

One walker in the back of both of them with a ponytail reminds me of dancing that was done in the 80's. The way she has a bounce or something that is so valley girl like.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 04:58 AM  
lrb04

Donna~ glad you liked party hits better which I think I might have a slight prefence because of the songs.
Old 12-10-13, 06:28 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Here's what I posted in my check in about my first run-through of this workout:

I did the whole 3 miles, which is unusual for me (I usually stop at 2). They had "Dancing on the Ceiling" (Lionel Richie remake), "Party Rock"(a remake of LMFAO's recent hit), "We got the Beat" (go-go's remake), and "Can't touch this" (mc hammer). They rotate through the songs and also have some instrumental music that I recognize from other places (workouts or something else). Pretty good, really. A couple more new moves / combinations.

(The gray font means I edited it to clarify my short review from my original post.)

I really enjoyed it. You might give it a whirl.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:02 AM  
Jane1721

I have both workouts, and even though I thought I would hate them from the clips (because of the music and the outfits, not because of the workouts themselves!), I really like them both.

The formats of both workouts are the same - warm-up, a faster paced walk, a "HIIT" segment with slower paced music and four higher intensity bursts, then some more fast paced walking followed by a longer (2 minutes?) higher intensity segment, then the pace slows until you go into the cool down and stretch.

If you are really a Leslie fan, then you should get both! But I guess you don't NEED both, so what it really comes down to is which music do you prefer? I thought I would like the Party music better, but I actually prefer the Radio music, so that is the workout that I like better.

HTH!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 11:01 AM  
bfit

I tried both of these. I didn't like the Radio workout at all and didn't keep it. I hated the music, the "HIIT intervals" were too short, and the entire workout seemed unorganized. I like Party Songs a lot better even though I still have the same complaint about the HIIT intervals being too short. I like the music better in this one, and it just flows better somehow. It's not my favorite Leslie workout, but I like it well enough to keep it and do it.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 11:32 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Plus, they're really not HIIT intervals. They don't come close to being 'high intensity'. It doesn't make sense to lower your HR way down afterwards because you never really get it up very high. I just try to keep a regular pace throughout.

I have both and really don't remember the music in either one. I got Radio Hits first, liked it and have done it once. I got Party Hits later and have also done that once. I like them both and, since I don't exactly remember either one, I don't know if I like one more than the other.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 11:51 AM  
mlmccauley

I was fortunate to receive both copies for review:

http://www.coffeedish.com/?s=leslie+...&searchsubmit=

As mentioned above, the format in both is similar. I think it is really going to come down to which songs in the workouts you prefer. This was my first introduction to Leslie's workouts - yes, I was living under a rock but I was pleasantly surprised with these workouts. I thought they were both fun! But I believe the music makes the workouts - I liked the music in both so I enjoyed them both equally.

Maria

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
mlmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 12:00 PM  
lrb04

Joni O~ I agree about your HR not going super high with the HITT but to tell you the truth Leslie's walks when I tried monitoring myself never got that high in any of them. I was lucky to get my HR in the 110's. But that is me & has it stopped me from loving Leslie & walking with her almost everyday since January 2013, no. I just walking & my weight is actually a little better since doing crazy step DVDs that got my HR higher. I still do other cardio but walking is not just physical, it is my mood lifter!

Tags
leslie sansone