Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-14, 12:30 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
I stopped going to a local Anusara studio because of the incessant "Friendspeak", especially the loops and spirals stuff. That imagery leaves me totally cold.
I can't stand that either. It's jargon; you have to learn what it means, and I haven't done that.

That said, I've had some great classes and workshops from Anusara instructors (notably Desiree Rumbaugh, Adam Ballenger, and a local teacher, Kim Smarr) who realize that not all their students are versed in Anusara-speak and who make the effort to speak English in that situation.

I had a terrible experience in another workshop once - it was a HUGE group in a Yoga Journal conference session, and we were doing inversions and I was struggling; other students gathered around and tried to "help" me with useful instructions like "side body bright". It was just miserable.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 01:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I can't stand that either. It's jargon; you have to learn what it means, and I haven't done that.

That said, I've had some great classes and workshops from Anusara instructors (notably Desiree Rumbaugh, Adam Ballenger, and a local teacher, Kim Smarr) who realize that not all their students are versed in Anusara-speak and who make the effort to speak English in that situation.

I had a terrible experience in another workshop once - it was a HUGE group in a Yoga Journal conference session, and we were doing inversions and I was struggling; other students gathered around and tried to "help" me with useful instructions like "side body bright". It was just miserable.
I took an Adam Ballenger class on one of the early yoga streaming sites (can't remember which). I really liked the class and Adam as a teacher. I have never felt pigeon the way I did in his class -- pigeon! You wouldn't think there could be much variation there.....
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 09:30 PM  
lotusgirl

YogaWorks, either DVDs or their web site, myyogaworks.com. Alignment is definitely emphasized. A yoga teacher friend of mine when through their TT and uses their website and raves about it.

Tags
alignment, form pointers, form tips, yoga and alignment