Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-13, 12:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Plus, they're really not HIIT intervals. They don't come close to being 'high intensity'. It doesn't make sense to lower your HR way down afterwards because you never really get it up very high. I just try to keep a regular pace throughout.
Joni, Leslie's idea of "HIIT" really bugs me, especially when she says that she needs to lower the HR before the HIIT interval!

I found Radio Remixes really annoying, mainly b/c of the HIIT thing noted about and b/c I didn't really like the music (I recognized it as recent hits, just not my thing). Dance to the Hits I like a lot though! Again, the music is a big factor. The song used for the "HIIT" intervals--"We Got the Beat" by the Go-Gos--is right in my 80s wheelhouse, and Mile 2, which mostly features "U Can't Touch This" by Hammer (I think he dropped the MC ), is a lot of fun. I wrote reviews of both.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 12:53 PM  
shoegoddess

I have and like Radio Remix but I know some of the songs I plan on getting Party Songs soon. I like Leslie but the music in her other DVDs was so repetitive I like Remix and the clip of Party looks really good.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 02:09 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I like them both pretty much equally, and I turn the HIIT intervals into true(r) HIIT by ignoring Leslie's exercises and just running in place (or jumping jacks or whatever) as fast and as hard as I can. (I do it on a bouncy jogging platform to help reduce impact.)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 03:52 PM  
imhere2dance

I have both: Walk to the Hits: Radio Remixes and Walk to the Hits: Party Songs. Both are good, but I prefer Radio Remixes. I like the music better, there's less jumping up and down, and I think the moves are better. (Less kicks, more knee lifts, and more tap outs.)
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 03:58 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Dance to the Hits I like a lot though!
Are you talking about Walk to the Hits: Radio Remixes or Walk to the Hits: Party Songs? I'm guessing Party Songs? That's the one with the older songs, like "Dancing on the Ceiling" and "U Can't Touch This."
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 05:07 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Thanks, everyone. Still can't make my mind up! I liked the clip of Party Hits better and the music was good, but Radio Hits did have "I like to move it move it" in the clip, which I love.

Maybe I'll have to get both!

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:09 PM  
mabyrd1

I got both have not done The party songs yet but I have done the radio mix-which I really like, I use it on my light days which usually is Sunday. This Sunday I am going to do the party songs!!BTW I love both song tracks!!!

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 09:36 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Reviving this thread!
I have to eat my own words from a few months ago, when I stated I might be 'done' with Leslie's walks! I truly thought back then, after having walked with Leslie for almost 3 years straight, I've lost interest and all her new videos with the new crew didn't appeal to me... [While I'll say I'm still a fan of her 'Bat Cave' settings and other gang, I can see how the younger crowd can possibly appeal the newer generation more and I certainly enjoy her few newer movements as well as new songs thrown in the mix!]

Fast forward to a few days ago when I was surfing Youtube and came across a mile from her Radio mix and I was instantly hooked! (Love the "I like to move it, move it" song! It reminds me of the 'Madagascar' movie with the lemur dancing ) I'm extremely happy that I was able to trade with another VFer for it and caved and ordered the Party songs one as well over the weekend. Now hearing from some of you that it's offering 80's songs, makes me even more excited! 80's are the best IMO!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 09:57 PM  
bfit

Originally, I thought that I disliked Radio Hits but liked Party Songs at least enough to keep it. However, I did Party Songs for the second time today, and I realized that I don't like it either. It has an unorganized feel to it - it starts out fast, then slows down, then does the "HIIT" intervals that aren't really HIIT, then goes to some slower walking where the tempo varies a lot depending on what song it is, and then finishes with one more HIIT interval before doing a very slow cool down. The workout just doesn't make sense to me. Also, the music is the same for all of the HIIT intervals so it gets very boring.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 10:34 PM  
Scorpio6

List the Songs

Can anybody actually list the song titles included in the respective dvds?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone