Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-20, 08:51 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes (day 3 upper body challenge) and day 3 Lauren brooks 21 day challenge.

Cynthia, I really like the Lauren challenge, very interesting moves. I don't know how you will like day 3 as there are really low squats. Amazing how well you are doing with your knees. I'm surprised you didn't like Shut up and Train. I really like it, but everyone is different I guess.

Cheryl, I am really sore from that Blogilates inner thigh! I am going to do it again tomorrow.

Diana, that is so great about your DH's BP. Getting rid of the shop is turning out to be really good for you both.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 10:29 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Fitness Blender's upper body strength workout from the Bored Easily series, and I walked before it got too hot. Nothing crazy on the workouts this week; no crazy cardio. Just happy to get something done. Our bedroom where I work out has A/C, but the whole first floor does not, so the old upstairs HVAC is really getting overworked.

Lynn, glad you liked that inner thigh workout! The second time I did it after her 21-minute "cardio" thigh workout, which is what she meant it to come after for the week's challenge. Doing it after and with a little residual soreness from the first time, it was hard to make it through those side-lying inner thigh moves!

Diana, great news on your DH! So good to see our DH's health start to improved. My DH is excited because he thinks he finally found an eating plan that he can live with and actually likes. He's not even following it perfectly or getting the movement he should, but he's lost eight pounds so far. This was the plan a former pro football player followed to lose weight. It was just something the guy came up with and was in an article. Very simple. But DH really likes it. Also, he has discovered that he really likes tuna steak. He doesn't like fish much and hates canned tuna, so he's happy about this.

Cynthia, it's wonderful that you don't get pain considering your x-rays. Probably your intuitive workout choices also help.

Really struggling with the video editing for my song. DH just films himself with his iPhone and puts up a song, but I'm trying to do something collaborative. There is such a learning curve. Hoping to figure this out!
Old 06-04-20, 08:07 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl Hopefully your DH will like the new plan long term. Can you eat the same way?

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise and 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 01:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: it's a rest day for the abs challenge, so I did 2 days (2 and 3) of Lauren Brooks. Lynn, I did hip mobility moves in the beachbody yoga recently. I barely go lower than thighs parallel to the floor, but it feels deep to me. The yoga modifier set his bottom onto a yoga block. I noticed that my block, on narrow end so it was up high, was not close enough for me to park on. But I think what I can do, works on my mobility.

Cheryl, men. It has t be their idea or it's no good. Hopefully the weight loss will be the reinforcement needed to keep him on the health path.

Diana, it's so wonderful that you were able to get such a great financial arrangement for your shop in these uncertain times. What a burden, lifted.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 05:46 PM  
lynnf

Ugh today did not go so well for me. It was my early grocery shopping day and it was pouring buckets of rain. My car did not start, so I took DH's car -- and got a flat tire. Plus had to carry all the groceries in the pouring rain and got totally soaked (we now have 3 cars and his won't fit in the garage... don't ask). Going into the garage was like going through the shower because the gutters were filled and I had to make 6 trips under that shower. Then I got my hearing aids and that is going to take some getting used to. You really can't see them but it's odd hearing things like the keyboard clicks and the noise of my glasses going on and off. I can adjust them via my iphone. I can take calls on my hearing aids, which essentially work via Bluetooth, and once I set up receivers on my TV, I can stream TV sound via the hearing aids. I'm not sure how loud to talk yet, since I hear myself louder than I am used to and DH says I now talk too softly.

Anyway: barre 3 10 minutes (on the upper body challenge you alternate 30 minute/10 minute days); Lauren day 4, and I did the 10 minute Blogilates inner thigh, though my things still hurt from Tuesday. I am feeling really tired after all the drama. DS and DH are going to pick up my car from getting a new battery. AAA put a new tire on DH's car. so things are more or less back to normal.
Old 06-04-20, 06:04 PM  
Diana3271

Lynn That sounds like a stressful day.

Cynthia DH and I were out and about today and noticed a couple places that are older business like us have completely shut down. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I truly feel blessed right now.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-04-20, 06:21 PM  
seabliss

Today I did two Blogilates workouts - one for thighs and one for butt, and I walked a mile this morning. It was already uncomfortable at that time. It's 90 or so and really humid out. The working a/c is fighting so hard to cool the whole house and it was just too warm for me to do much.

Lynn, what a dreadful day. I'm sorry! One thing after another. I hope you have a relaxing evening and that the car problems get resolved easily. The hearing aid issues--I can see that that would be very disconcerting. I hope you find your optimal levels without too much difficulty.

Cynthia, you're right that it has to be the man's idea, but that got me thinking--my diet has to be my idea too. I get very touchy about being told what to eat, haha. But DH likes his plan and feels great. Not hungry, no digestion issues, etc. It fits him and so hopefully he sticks with it. I think he is motivated to do so.

Diana, I do pretty much eat the same way, with a few modifications. He's having oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, for example. I don't like eggs, and I think the oatmeal is too much for me most of the time. But we grill veggies and protein for our main meals, eat yogurt (plain nonfat Greek with Stevia and fruit), and eat lettuce wraps for lunch, etc. So a lot of the other stuff is the same.
Old 06-05-20, 08:40 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Cheryl That's convenient that you can both eat the same way. Sometimes DH and I eat the same other times, I will make me a salad with protein. I have frozen salmon in the freezer that I will prepare for myself. Also, I buy this product and add to my salads.https://www.publix.com/pd/greenwise-...RIO-PCI-573292 It makes it easy, especially if I am preparing a meal for DH.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-05-20, 04:14 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes (day 5 upper body) and Lauren day 5. Lauren announced that she had to refilm day 5 since she felt like throwing up while doing the first version, which was a bit disconcerting, but it was clearly not the workout, as she noted. She was fully recovered by the time she did the re-filmed version. We have both cars working and today everything went ok. I went in to get my hearing aids adjusted a bit, since I was hearing things like my keyboard and the broom too loudly. I am liking that I can use them as Bluetooth for my phone calls and Calm app. You can't see them, but they do make my ears itch from time to time so I can buy some oil for that. I think it is just going to take time to get used to them, but the person helping me says that this will actually make me less tired and be better for my brain because straining to hear, even when you don't realize you are doing this is very hard on the brain and tiring. So it will actually be good in holding off dementia if I wear them all the time, which I am doing. Sometimes I actually have to check to see if they are still there and sometimes they bother me a bit, so it's a bit up and down.

Cynthia, it's really good that you figured out how to make so many workouts work for your knees and don't let instructors bully you into doing things that mess them up. I sometimes let the instructors get me to do things I shouldn't.

Cheryl, 2 blogilates and a walk sounds like plenty to me. Sorry the house is still not so cool. It is hard being in a hot/humid place.

Diana, sometimes I have to prepare separate meals too, since my DH is very picky -- doesn't like eggs, fish and chicken and mainly wants to eat pasta, pasta, pasta, which the rest of us do not want to do. Having DS here is good since he is very open to eating many more things.
Old 06-05-20, 06:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, glad today went better. Rain and car problems, ugh.

I'm on day 5 of a 6 -day eating plan I got free from my beachbody coach. It's not hard to follow. A quinoa casserole (meatless and IMO delicious) was one of the dinners, so I froze half and had the rest 2 nights in a row. I'll remember this recipe for when potluck dinners come back into my life. Anyone interested, just send a pm.

Check-in: day 7 abs, day 4 kettlebells. I don't have a TRX, but I do have a doorstop attachment and resitsance tubing, so I did those TRX rows. I'm enjoying the variety.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote