Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-20, 09:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Last night I did get my run in at 8 PM when it was still 89 degrees! It was not a very enjoyable run. I like to think it improved my fortitude... Took Cyric for his last walk after that. Both of our PM walks were short though. It was 90 for the one before supper. Supposed to be hot all week. Yuck. Before bed I did Classical Stretch S11E8. I can't help it, I feel ridiculous doing some of the episodes. Last night's didn't do anything for me. And it was a back pain one so I didn't get my running muscles stretched like I should have. I woke up at 3:20 this morning (after tossing and turning the whole time I'd been in bed) with a monster headache. I took smthg for it and moved to the loveseat where I could recline without being fully flat, put an ice pack on my head and finally got some good sleep. The pain was gone when I got up but our morning walk woke it up a little. 80 degrees for this walk with a breeze and he still wouldn't walk a mile. I slept in bc of the rough night but I'm gonna have to get up earlier so we can walk and run before it gets too hot.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 02:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Trying to get a post in while at work. Yesterday I was particularly uninspired and just did a 20 minute walk and 25 crunches. Tonight I plan to walk longer. I am doing part of an ab challenge too every day in June.

Cher cool that you did Step Jam and Step Heat combos. Those oldies are so much fun and the music is great. Cathe’s new music is all so canned. What is Leslie’s purple mile?

Vannie most of the distance runners down here run at like 5am and it is still about 75 degrees and 90% humidity. You were brave to run in 89 degrees. Isn’t it amazing how much it slows you down ?

Jbliff I am making some masks out of socks. They work well and there is no sewing, only cutting. You can find instructions on the Net.

Gibbee please take care of yourself.

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 04:16 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- I haven't looked, but do the masks made out of socks protect you from the virus? Are they porous? The kind I made are cotton lined with polypropylene which is supposed to be pretty good at blocking out droplets. I also use a nose piece to make sure the mask fits as well as possible.

Vannie - It's amazing how hot it gets for you. I always thought MN would be cold! I have to say I have never clicked with CS.

Cher - Is your DH's company instituting measures to reduce risks of infection for the workers?

Gibbee - I hope you and your DH are doing OK.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:01 AM  
Cher

Ended up just going for a 45 minute walk instead of working out in the basement.

Darrell got the call asking if he wanted to be off work longer so now he’s off until July 8. Yay!

Vannie - Ugh, that is hot so late at night! I haven’t really decided if I actually like CS or not. Everyone raves about them but I don’t think I get much out of it. Glad your headache went away.

Karen - On one of Leslie’s dvd, they wear different color clothing for each mile so they call each mile that color. Basically each mile is around 12 minutes total - 6 minutes at like her regular walking speed then 6 minutes boosted speed.

JBliff - Yes, DH work has a lot of measures in place. They have to take there temperature an hour before going to work and answer a bunch of questions, then when they get there, they have to go in a certain door and turn in there questions, walk through a temperature check, then are given 2 masks and gloves. They also have to clean there work area when they get in.

Waves Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:07 PM  
Vantreesta

I just got back from chiro. My C1 is really out of whack. He didn't manually adjust my neck today, just used the activator thingie that punches you. Anyway I told him I've narrowed it down to laying down and moving while laying down are the biggest triggers so he gave me exercises to do for that type of vertigo, twice a day. I go back Fri and will see from there what he wants to do. This morning I tried a PT exercise that was fine on Mon but definitely was not today. Pilates also triggered it but yoga has been fine so I think I'll put my Pilates goal on hold for now.

This morning I did PT, avoiding the vertigo-triggering exercises. After our 2 mi walk (at 70 degrees and Cyric still had to be coaxed to do the whole thing) I ran 1.66 mi to celebrate National Running Day, day 5 of the 14 day beginner's Crossrope challenge, 10MS Pilates for Beginners core basics and TurboFire Stretch 10.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:36 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes.

Cher - Those precautions sound very good. I'm glad they're taking the virus seriously. I went to get my haircut today and they took my temperature and asked health questions too. They also sanitize the stations between customers and everyone wore masks.

Vannie
-Hopefully the new exercises will help with your vertigo.

Hi to Karjoy and Gibbee.
Old 06-04-20, 05:46 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe’s SJP Step & Circuit premix. I forgot how much I used to like this premix. A little weights & a little cardio.

Governor dropped the Safer at Home order. Stores can open without appointments today and restaurants can start opening Monday at 50%.....but you still can’t go get a haircut yet. We are moved into Phase 4 of 6. Still need to wear masks and social distance of course.

Vannie - Hope the exercises start helping with the dizziness. What a hassle that must be.

JBliff - Glad you could get a haircut.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 11:29 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - I used to love SJP. I need to pull it out again.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 06-04-20, 07:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Tonight was a 42 minute walk/run. Finally I am able to run almost as much as walk.

Cher those sound like really good precautions and it’s good they are taking it seriously. We have our temp taken daily at work.

Jbliff I made my sock masks from athletic or running socks, the ones with the short cuff. The fabric is very finely woven or maybe knitted, and it’s wicking so it does not get damp. Very comfortable so far.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 10:02 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Butts & Guts standing & abs premix.

Karjoy - Glad you are feeling better and able to run more.

We've had several days of 90+ degrees here. I'm not looking forward to summer.

Have a good day, everyone.