Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-05-20, 04:40 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/5 - back to Cathe’s rotation: Rev’d Up Rumble with Abs add on. I enjoyed it and I was able to keep up with most of this ab routine. There was also some gardening.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 08:49 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Boring check-in for June.
Dog walks for step goal every day.
One day house cleaning. Helping dh work on the mower today.

Started sewing again. I'm making two quilts for a friend for his new grandbabies. Guess I needed a goal.

Tomorrow we're hiking again & I just now feel like I've recovered from the last one.

Hubby is depressed. He's no longer coaching volleyball. He made all this lovely guidelines for his team's safety & the powers that be in the school said, "Thank you for your service, turn in your card." He's bummed. Al he wanted to do was keep the kids safe & avoid catching Covid & bringing it home to me. The girls are really upset.

Off to bed, it will be an early morning.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 03:10 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayB View Post
Hubby is depressed. He's no longer coaching volleyball. He made all this lovely guidelines for his team's safety & the powers that be in the school said, "Thank you for your service, turn in your card." He's bummed. Al he wanted to do was keep the kids safe & avoid catching Covid & bringing it home to me. The girls are really upset.
Doggone it?!? What's wrong with people????? I know he was an awesome coach and he wants everyone to be safe. Good golly. I don't blame him for being depressed. To top it off - they'll use his guidelines for the team's safety too. grumble, grumble! Mr. Kay! I'm in your corner.

Kay: Enjoy your hike. I love your hikes. I love hearing about your hikes. YAY!!!!

Lili: All this talk about Cathe. I probably should look. But no. I don't need one more thing. I can't keep up as is. I probably am tired. I am tired. But this too shall pass.

I am up early(ier) than usual. My Mom passed away this morning. Got the call about 3:10 a.m. May she rest in peace. She had a long list of medical issues over the last few years so this is a blessing. She was 89 and got in a few extra years more than she probably should have given modern medicine. She has been in the hospital since Wed. (and I was able to do a zoom gathering with her on Thurs. after work. She was alert, laughing, joking, teasing me, and just generally happy)but she chose to stop all medical treatment on Thursday night. Her choice! Her Terms! Sounds like a Cleda if you ask me. hahahahahahahaha! So it's been a long few days for me. (adds to the exhaustion Lili!!!) I haven't had time to process it yet. And I am a little angry at the pandemic right now, which prevented me from being at her bedside. But I must let that go.

So on to me, me and all me ....

6/4/2020: Denis Morton's 45 minute Power Zone ride for the challenge. Zones 3 & 4 which actually didn't feel too bad for me. He gave a lot of recoveries (zone 1) inbetween. So it wasn't bad at all. A bike stretch after. That's it (if you can imagine that!) lol

6/5/2020: PZ 60 minute called for Matt endurance ride. (I was dripping with sweat). Followed by Emma's ColdPlay ride (for my soul - worst ever stats, -- best ever ride for my heart!) and then Christine's 30 minute Power Zone ride. Did 2 bike stretches and continued on with my leg challenge (squats, fire hydrants, leg presses).

The workout took my mind off Mom. There's far worse things I could have reached for. We all have our things. Years ago, the habit may have been much more destructive. With age comes wisdom.

The leg challenge I'm doing is interesting. It starts out with only 5 and increases from there. For the month. I'm sure it's geared to people who are not accustomed to working out. Yesterday was 6 of each. (and eventually they add on a few other exercise). I have received my new cloth bands so I did a set of 6 with the bands on, then a set of 6 without them on. And as all challenges, this one may take me 60 days instead of 30. I'll not beat myself up about it, I'll just do it.

With the power zone workouts, I always find it interesting. The endurance ones can be long. No real recovery. All recoveries are done in zone 2. So it's pedal, pedal, pedal. I sweat like nobody's business during endurance rides. The tougher rides seem almost easier. Since it's HIGH intensity, but the recoveries are at zone 1 so it's TRUE recovery. I'm never quite sure which type I like more. ?!? I know I need them both and they are both beneficial. I also know because of all the endurance training that most other classes (not that they are easy) But they are easier, cuz most times the instructors do not hold climbs, hard intervals, etc. for any length of time. So they seem easier. Hmmmm. . . It's all good though. . .

This a.m. (before work) I hope to get a jump on next week's rides. I have no clue what arrangements will be. (Florida doesn't seem to be as strict with covid restrictions as we are up here. Then again, I don't know if they'll even let us in since we are from a hot spot. So all that needs to be ironed out. I don't really want to go on a plane right now and I don't know what the rest of the family will decide.) I like to bank my rides cuz as we all know -- Life (and in this case death) Happens!

Gotta go work out. Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 05:27 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I'm so so sorry to hear about your mom. I think one of the worst things about this pandemic is that people can not be with their loved ones in the hospital. It just makes everything harder. She will remain in your heart. I'm glad the rides took your mind off of your sorrow.
Kay - so, are they just not doing volleyball this year, or they just don't want your hubby to coach? This pandemic has such far reaching affects on our lives and mental health. Your hikes sound lovely!

6/6 - about an hour of gardening this morning, then 40 minutes with Leslie's Fat Burning Walk (I think). I visited my middle child today to deliver his birthday present and some more masks for he and his fiancee. We stayed outside and chatted, but I miss hugging my kids and grandkids. Sometimes I'm more depressed when I get back from a short visit.
I'm hoping to walk the dogs after dinner, but it will depend on the weather.

Old 06-07-20, 03:21 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mother. Even though you mention 'a blessing' due to poor health the last few years, it still has to be rough. Especially not being able to BE there with her for her last days / hours. On 'her terms' sounds like something you'd do too - your grit comes from her?

Business
Thu., 4-Jun
2 hour dog walk
Fri., 5-Jun
30min, Cathe - Basic Step, 8", with added air
Sat., 6-Jun
27min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sweat A
8min, Tony - P90 (new) - Ab Ripper A
Sun., 7-Jun
27min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sculpt A
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 05:09 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Cleda, I said it before, but it deserves saying again, I'm so sorry about your mom. That's such a life changing event. I still talk to mine even though she's been gone for decades. She sends me wrens.

Lili, they didn't like his safety protocols. Yet, today the athletic director texted today to ask if he was still coaching. Dh replied, "I was fired!"

Waves to Helen & Pam!

Saturday's hike was another recorder setter. 9.5 miles. We started at 6:30 am & finished around 1:30. That's allowing time for pictures, snacks & soaking our feet in the creek & rock skipping by dh.

Sunday afternoon we mowed the grass & dog walks.

Today was tractor maintenance day. Love grease. Not! More dog walks. Hot & humid!
Old 06-09-20, 07:10 AM  
Helen

Drive-by

Mon., 8-Jun
56min, Christi - Stepping Zone, 8"
90min dog walk
Tue., 9-Jun
35min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sculpt B
8min, Cathe - Basic Step & Body Fusion - Stability Ball Abs Addon

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-09-20, 11:00 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Kay - thanks for the explanation, but what a bummer for hubby. It sounds like they don't have a clue! Great hike!
Helen - way to keep up the workouts!
Cleda - still sending you ((hugs)).

6/7 - functional fitness day: 3 gardening sessions of 45-60 minutes each. My weeding arm was sore in the evening! I also walked the dogs.
6/8 - 3.25 mile run, a little warmer and a little slower, plus a dog walk.
6/9 - Cathe's Metabolic Blast plus Calorie Crush. This is from the LITE series which is supposed to be low impact. This is the second calorie crush I've done, and they have both been high impact. I do most of them on my rebounder and just jumped when they did 1 legged burpees and some other kind of burpees.

Old 06-09-20, 08:05 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Hot one here. We could use some rain.
Helped with the watering after our early morning oldies run to Walmart.

Rowed 2,000 meters. Three dog walks.

Lunch was from our flower box mixed greens. Some plants have flowers so I cut a little bouquet. Salad spinners are the bomb for loose leaf greens.
Old 06-10-20, 08:19 AM  
Helen

Drive-by

Wed., 10-Jun
71min, Michelle & Tracy - Work It Off Cardio Dance (half dance, half pilates)

sorry for the drive-bys...

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.