Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-20, 09:42 AM  
Vantreesta

My first introduction to the lovingkindness meditation was Eoin Finn's Blissology. It's the wknd practice. There are different variations of it and I chose the ones that resonated for me. I'm glad you guys liked it.

Katie, I think we do have rain in the forecast. With this heat maybe we'll get a cool thunderstorm! Hope it dried out enough for you to walk yesterday.

Last night I did get my run in at 8 PM when it was still 89 degrees! It was not a very enjoyable run. I like to think it improved my fortitude... Took Cyric for his last walk after that. Both of our PM walks were short though. It was 90 for the one before supper. Supposed to be hot all week. Yuck. Before bed I did Classical Stretch S11E8. I can't help it, I feel ridiculous doing some of the episodes. Last night's didn't do anything for me. And it was a back pain one so I didn't get my running muscles stretched like I should have. I woke up at 3:20 this morning (after tossing and turning the whole time I'd been in bed) with a monster headache. I took smthg for it and moved to the loveseat where I could recline without being fully flat, put an ice pack on my head and finally got some good sleep. The pain was gone when I got up but our morning walk woke it up a little. 80 degrees for this walk with a breeze and he still wouldn't walk a mile. I slept in bc of the rough night but I'm gonna have to get up earlier so we can walk and run before it gets too hot.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:08 PM  
Vantreesta

I just got back from chiro. My C1 is really out of whack. He didn't manually adjust my neck today, just used the activator thingie that punches you. Anyway I told him I've narrowed it down to laying down and moving while laying down are the biggest triggers so he gave me exercises to do for that type of vertigo, twice a day. I go back Fri and will see from there what he wants to do. This morning I tried a PT exercise that was fine on Mon but definitely was not today. Pilates also triggered it but yoga has been fine so I think I'll put my Pilates goal on hold for now.

This morning I did PT, avoiding the vertigo-triggering exercises. After our 2 mi walk (at 70 degrees and Cyric still had to be coaxed to do the whole thing) I ran 1.66 mi to celebrate National Running Day, day 5 of the 14 day beginner's Crossrope challenge, 10MS Pilates for Beginners core basics and TurboFire Stretch 10.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-04-20, 09:08 AM  
Catahoula Cate

That is very frustrating Vannie. Did he give you any advice on stretches or anything else that could help?

I'm getting back into discipline for drinking enough water again. Have been having some great walks with Belle. Her early Spring "don't have to listen" episodes are over. She's back to being my gal pal. I'd like to get back into videos or youtube. I've been avoiding both but still doing PT exercises.

We are truly into summer mode now. All the trees have finally leafed out and beautiful green. Sometimes it feels like it will never arrive and then....there it is!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 06:00 PM  
Vantreesta

Thurs
32 minutes (from 2.55 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day2) R-AM
20 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength) R-AM
22 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 14 & 19, YT) T-AM looks like missed day 14 somehow

Fri
47 minutes (from K. Voight Burn & Firm Circuit Training) I bought this DVD last year so I thought this was my first time for the workout but I swear it's the same footage as in Slim Physique for Your Week . It was humbling to start out with 5 lb dumbbells and then drop to 3 lb. And my chest and triceps were sore by evening already!

Sat
32 minutes (from 2.63 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day3) SAT
20 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory) did my yoga outside under a tree and really enjoyed it.

Old 06-06-20, 06:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, he told me to stop doing those exercises for now since they're making me feel so rotten. Thursday afternoon I felt so bad after doing them that I dozed all afternoon. My neck is still out of alignment so I don't know if the exercises will work better after things are back on track with that. I have to go Monday again. We just had a good thunderstorm roll through. Glad Belle is behaving better. Cyric made it past three dogs on our walk this morning without a single bark! He did walk on hind legs when we saw Reese but he stayed under threshold. It helped that none of the dogs barked at him.

Old 06-06-20, 07:33 PM  
Leonana

I'm planning on starting Jessica Smith's Summer Schedule on Monday. Been doing lighter, shorter workouts lately. Haven't had the energy this week.

It's been really hot here, highs around 106 or so. But today it cooled off to 91, it feels so much nicer. But it will be hotter again next week.

Vannie, that's great about Cyric!
Old 06-06-20, 07:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, it was either 114 or 117 at my brother's on Wed. That is just crazy! Ugh!

Old 06-06-20, 07:38 PM  
Leonana

Wow, I guess that must have been his own thermometer. I don't even bother with that, just go by the official temps. That way it sounds better, and I don't feel as hot, lol. Although, last week the official temp did get up to 111.
Old 06-06-20, 09:05 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't give much credit to "official" temps. And it gets even hotter at Dad's in the middle of the desert. I use the Weather Channel app for my temp bc we don't have working thermometer anymore. I don't think the app is always exact either but it's all I have.

Old 06-06-20, 09:44 PM  
Leonana

I don't know which one is more accurate. I just go with the lowest one, it makes me feel better, lol. Although, I suppose it doesn't matter, it's still hot!

There is an app that has your local neighbors, who have approved weather thermometers. That gives you a more accurate temp, since the official ones are at the airport. I find they are usually a couple of degrees hotter. I just checked. Currently, the Weather Channel App says 90, and the local PWS App says 91. This person is about a mile or two from my house.