Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-20, 07:38 AM  
Buzzer

Rest day.. DONE!
Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!

So I have completed one week of the body beast rotation. It was fun! I am definately feeling it. but in a good way. I love lifting, of course, so this is right up my alley! The shoulders I feel were a bit overdone, I always paired up back and bis, chest and tris, shoulders and calves. Doing nothing but a shoulder workout seems overkill. However, I did it, and didn't die.

I do feel the workouts not only in the targeted muscle, but also in the surrounding muscles. Oh, I forgot I added on "beast abs", but I think I will do a Firm ab or abs of steel workout instead. I don't like planks, and he did quite a few planks. I guess I am old school abs

I pretty much found all my weights correctly this week. I didn't have on my workout sheets many "increase weights" notes. So that's good!!

So the puppy is home. I was so stressed out the first evening he was home because the vet tech that discharged him told me to sling his back legs with a towel (around his middle) to help him walk outside. I took him out about 8pm, which the vet closed at 8pm, and realized he can't pee or poop if I am holding him up!! PLUS, he kept licking his wound, which is uncovered, and when I put the cone of shame on him, he was so confused I thought he'd hurt himself more. Then he wouldn't go into the kennel we got for him (a large cage type kennel)... it was so stressful. It was just me and LB trying to figure it all out.

Yesterday morning I got to talk to the vet, and he told me the sling is just to help him up and get him down things he may tumble on, other than that, once he's stable just let him try to walk. So much less stress!!! Yesterday was smoother. The carpet I ordered arrived, so i put it down and now he has a bigger area to lay down on.

Lb's birthday was yesterday, so since I felt better about the puppy I let her have some friends over, as long as they stayed outside. They would ask to come in to potty, and I would walk them in so the puppy didn't get too excited and jump up on the 3'-ish fence we have around him. I was happy to have friends over though!

So LB played and had a great day. I got an ice cream cake and she and her friends ate that, so it felt a little more birthday party.

My sisters decided since we can't do the big birthday bash we always throw this year, they would come down and surprise her next Saturday. Well, I forgot LB can see my messages on her iPad, and she came out talking about her party next Saturday. I said "Honey, I told you we can't because the government said we can't have gatherings over 10 at a public space". She was all confused. then it dawned on me she was reading our messages

So it will be a surprise/not a surprise. I have invited a few other families over (the neighborhood kids we had over yesterday, and one of her bestie friends from town) so it will be a great party!!

the puppy should be healed more by then. Although he still won't be able to jump or run or play or do anything, at least I won't be quite as worried as I was/am now.

Ebianco: I used to drink so much water! I seriously drank so much I got a 64 ounce water bottle so I didn't have to refill all the time. Now the 64 ounce water bottle sits. I need to get back to it. I don't know why I fell off the water wagon.

I am totally enjoying Body Beast!! I am a heavy lifter for my upper body. I have always enjoyed lifting upper body. I hate lifting legs, I think because I get so out of breath! I am not a cardio lover.

I'll have to check out those Linda's. I'll probably pass them onto my sister who loves/hates Linda!!

Eventmom: No worries on not asking about the puppy. You know I would catch you up anyhow! He is overjoyed to be home. The older dog is ecstatic to have him here too. Overall, the pack is back together, which makes everyone less stressed!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 01:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA last day of this leve - it's level 8 of the last disk for year 1. + 20 m TA cardio

the next levels is 32 min, v. this one which was 26..yikes.

buzzer - glad the puppy is doing better! it got hot here, heat index 100+ I didn't even ride my horses just can't take the heat anymore. Glad LB got something of a birthday party. Well, I did lose a pound so maybe this program works.... but I have to be careful with fiborous veggies my body can't handle it.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 06:42 AM  
Buzzer

Abs of Steel 2k... DONE!

I do love this one. 1/2 hour of floor aerobics, then about 15 or 20 minutes of abs. Donna probably looks back at this workout and cringes. She spends a bunch of time building her routines, then can't finish them. She gives a million tips... all good tips, but she spends so much time talking and giving them she forgets to exercise. Tamilee jokes about how she's counting reps and won't let us do extras, and then Donna says on the next set "I think we could keep going. I love this one" or something like that. She just really looks amateurish, and I think she doesn't like to look back on this workout.

With that said, I still love it!! Tracie and Tamilee do a great job, and Donna even does OK. I love the routines, I love flying around the room, I just love everything about it (except some of Donna's trouble with it!). I love the ab routines, I love saying some of the things with them. I love when Donna asks Tamilee what having a strong back and weak abs will do, and Tamilee gives this long response about how 8 out of 10 Americans have back problems due to this... and Donna follows up with the answer she wanted, which was that your abs are the center of your body and are used in everything you do. Always kinda cracks me up that Tamilee gives this big serious answer, and Donna actually just wanted the fitness answer.

Anyhow, I love it! Today is chest and tris. I haven't logged food the last few days. Yesterday I spent cleaning the house like crazy, and I would take the puppy out on his leash. He's supposed to do 5 minute walk max, so I have been taking him for a walk around the parameter of the yard. It takes 7 minutes to walk it at a slower pace, so I cut off some of it to make it 5. He was obviously uncomfortable last night, so I don't know if that's from our walks, or because the 72 hour pain meds they gave him in surgery wore off. Stupid bunnies know he can't chase them, and they seriously are taunting him. Darting out, running away, hiding. Daring him to come after them. I swear the bunnies and the dogs have a game going.

I am starting again on the food log. My mornings are pretty much eating the same, however I am one that likes to have different things at lunch and dinner (hence my cookbook addiction!) so it makes it a bit tougher to log when I make recipes and there's no calorie count on them. I'm working on it though.

I got a greenhouse and it was delivered the day before LB's birthday. I got the base set up, I'm working on leveling it, then I build the frame. Well, LB's birthday happened, I didn't get to the greenhouse. Yesterday was high winds and rain all day, so I didn't get to it. Today hopefully I get to it. However, they are calling for high winds again today, so we willl see. I have plants to put into it, so I have to get it done!!!

Eventmom: I can't even believe how excited I am that you lost a pound. HA! I read that yesterday, and was thinking about it all evening. That made me recommit to logging. A pound! That's great!! I can't believe how great I think that is. Maybe it's because it's progress, even if it's not a bunch of progress. It's something! Something that I haven't seen in forever! maybe it will work!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-07-20, 03:16 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I realize I forgot to check in the last couple of days. Catching up:

Friday: Lighter recovery day: Fitprime Killer Cardio some cardio segments and abs, then Classical Stretch 1029 for an overall 45 minute workout.

Saturday: Firm Tortoise. I am just in love with this workout right now!

Today: Youtube Zumba mixes for about 30 minutes on the rebounder and floor, then Pure Barre Resistance #3. I was able to get through the entire PB since it was an easier one, for an overall 75 minute workout.

Eventmom Wow that is crazy heat where you are at! It's in the high 80s here and my dogs get really fatigued so I can only take them out for short walks.

Buzzer I'm glad Puppy is home and doing better even though I'm sure it is difficult to work around his injury.

Good luck with your food log! I'm sure it makes a big difference to track calories/food so closely.

Im glad you are enjoying Body Beast!
Old 06-07-20, 05:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA bootcamp hip, a CS episode broken up + 10 min cardio

so I got up, did part of the CS while my breakfast cooked, then rode both horses, then came in and did more workout. I grew up in Arizona (scottsdale, so central AZ with real heat) and I just can't handle what we have for heat here. I feel like a wimp.

buzzer- wow a greenhouse! you go girl! I'm not a plant person - good with pets but plants I mostly kill. lost a little more weight yesterday. so I'm trying to log pretty consistently and it does make me mindful of random eating. Keeping the math in mind helps - 1 pound = 3500 calories so 500 calories a day deficit for one pound a week. 500 calories seems like a huge deficit but a pound a week isn't much so it keeps me more honest. it is a pain to log some foods, I admit sometimes I'm a bit random.

ebianco - it's really the heat index, I can't seem to handle humidity! I need to go check out the zumba on youtube.

have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 06-08-20, 06:08 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Chest and Tris... DONE!

I loved it, of course! I did the same weight as last time, but after this one I think I can go up in a few places. I do remember last time I did this program I got so. bored. of 15 reps. It seemed like it went on forever. I am trying not to dwell on how boring 15 reps are, and instead listen to them pound their chests, grunt, and talk about how great they are. HAHA!! Seriously. So much testosterone blatantly displayed.

The guy in the red with the hat... Shawn?.. he's annoying. Sagi will do a rep slow and controlled, then as soon as Sagi stops and starts walking around, Shawn speeds up the reps. I wish Sagi just stayed on his bench doing the reps, but I guess that wouldn't make good TV. It sure would make it a good workout though! The counter always goes with Shawns reps. He's even lifting 20's while Sagi and the other guy (I don't even know his name. Sagi for some reason really focuses on Shawn a lot and the other guy is just kinda in the background) are lifting 40's or 45's+. No wonder Shawn goes fast, he's lifting orange juice cans compared to the other two!!

Today my shoulders are feeling a little sore and tired, which wasn't even the body part I was supposed to be working. I don't even think I felt it in my shoulders yesterday. But, that's where I feel it today!

Puppy is recovering nicely. He is a living room dog right now. We did a little tug-o-war with his stuffed sun yesterday, but he started to get a little revved up so I had to stop so he doesn't hurt himself. He's favoring the leg more than he was before, I'm sure that's because the pain med from the surgery wore off. He's a trooper though! 4 days down, 52ish more to go in his recovery.

Eventmom: our weather has been sooooo windy! I haven't been able to go out and work on the greenhouse putting it together because the wind has been so bad! It's been warm, probably in the mid 70's, but so windy. I am rethinking where I am going to put it, because where I built the base I realized is a wind tunnel (between the house and detached garage). I need to walk around today and see where else I can put it!!

So you have made some really good statements that have stuck with me. The fact that you lost a pound, plus the cutting 500 calories a day part. Makes sense. I was thinking last night about the 500 calories one, and that seems like a lot of calories until you eat them! Logging has made me aware of how much I just grab a random bunch of pretzels or cheese or something. It adds up fast. I hadn't thought of the fact that I might be eating an extra 500 calories (maybe even plus some days!) just by mindlessly grabbing something while I give it to LB or see it sitting on the counter. I am definitely more aware of what I'm eating!!

I am trying to piece out the recipes, and figure out how much I am eating. So like last night, I had a recipe with the main ingredients being broccoli, chicken, bacon, and a noodle mix in it. I haven't had a noodle mix in... geez, forever, so I decided, why not? I was kinda lazy so I did it. The noodles did not sit well in my stomach! Lesson learned! Anyhow, I had to figure out there were 6 pieces of bacon in it, I ate about 1/4 of the recipe, so 1 1/2 ish pieces of bacon.... two breasts of chicken in it, I ate about 1/4 of the recipe, so about 1/2 of a breast of chicken.... stuff like that. I skipped spices I used. I'm sure in some world I need to log those, but not in mine. That would totally demotivate me!

So keep up with your thoughts on it all. I am enjoying reading your progress!

Ebianco: I am in the camp too of not being able to handle what happened to our puppy. I can't reflect back on the whole incident, it makes me squirmy and want to cry. He's recovering, I am here giving him his pills, moving his leg, giving him lots of love, trying to keep him from licking it and chewing on it, and monitoring him almost constantly. He's a total trooper. He's trying to walk on it, he wants to be outside and chase bunnies, but he's being so good when I say it's time to go inside and by staying in his little cordoned off area.

I remember when Firm Tortoise and Hare were my favorite workouts! I was teaching a seniors aerobics class at the time, and worked hard to learn the moves in those workouts so I could do them with my seniors. I didn't do them on the step or even in totality, but I would throw in a Charleston or a swing move or tango close. The seniors loved it! They were World War 2 vets (most of them) and women of the same age, and they loved the Charleston moves. I miss those people
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-08-20, 12:58 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA arms from her DC dvds, bootcamp hip + karen voight cardio and stretch.

well once a year I decide I should ride before I workout then I do it and re-learn it doesn't work. I cannot eat much breakfast when I first wake up (normally I workout then eat then ride). so I eat a little, ride, come in start working out then I"m so freaking hungry I feel like I'm going to pass out. I have no idea how to deal with it being 100+ heat index and get horses worked. I guess get up really early and work out ... don't know.

buzzer- most days the calorie counting isn't too bad but when I eat something new it's a pain. I've been measuring portions for 9 months so that is easy for me. maybe one day my headache will go away, I'll loose 10 pounds and I can stop measuring all my food because I'm that desperate for something to help my headache to to lose weight. hang in there with the puppy, you should see what horses do to themselves! It's a miracle they live to be 30 or so given how good they are at doing weird stuff. Yeah, I have to do the math to be honest. I remind myself that 100 calories a day deficit would be a 10 pound weight loss in a year but have I lost 10 pounds nope.

hi ebianco!
Old 06-09-20, 10:10 PM  
Buzzer

Body Beast legs.. DONE!
Body Beast back and Bis... DONE!

yesterday I did legs. I used my weight vest and went heavier on my weights. the rest of yesterday, I was disappointed I didn't feel any soreness or any... well, anything in my legs. As the day has progressed today, I am feeling soreness in my glutes and quads. That's good!! I went as heavy as I could... the vest is 20 pounds, and on the squats I was going as heavy as using a 30 pound weight on each shoulder. it's much more comfortable with the vest on! The vest sure gets hot though. I paused a lot more and took my time. It was a great workout!

Today I did back and bis. another great workout! I still hate the 15 reps, but I am pushing through and trying not to think about it. it's just too many in my opinion. I went up on some of my weights from last week, and kept the same on others. I really pushed myself! I am trying to push without pushing so hard I can't do the workout. I remember last time I did this workout, I had such a hard time with it that I think it was kinda stressful. This time, I am working on enjoying it.

If I have to modify, I modify. Last time, I was so annoyed that I had to do the reps without him, this time I am just rolling with it. If I do it with him, I do. If not, I pause. I think I used to want to do everything when they did it, at the speed they did. Now, I do it my speed and take longer rests. I am feeling much better with it and can lift heavier!!

I have been trying to count calories, this is day 3 of calories in my "goal" range. So far so good! I am trying to drink more water too. LB has been impressed with my water intake, and commented today that I drank "a whole gallon!!" I haven't had that much, but ill take the compliment!

We are having a "surprise" party for LB with her aunts, uncles, and my parents. I also invited a friend from the neighborhood so she has someone to play with. I went today and got everything for it, and am having a hard time hiding our plans from LB! I think she knows, but doesn't know. I think she will be surprised anyhow.

Her ballet started back up yesterday. it's at the lady up the streets house, and it's just her kids and LB. But LB (and I) are glad she is doing it again!! We missed it!

So now my girl is learning violin and ballet again. I need to get her back into a martial art too.

Eventmom: I looked out my front window today, and the snow line was only about 300 feet above us!! Yesterday and today have been chilly, and last night was freezing. There's a foothill just on the other side of the valley... probably 1/2 mile from us... and that's the one 1/2 covered in snow last night. We had rain, but it was cold!! We are back to 80 by Friday though. I hate the heat too. I used to not mind it, I don't know if the heat changed or I did. But now I hate it!! I wilt so bad. Keep it at 70ish and I'm good.

I like working out at 7am lately, because in the summer it gets way too hot to workout later. I wilt and don't do well. I do try to eat or drink protein powder and wheat grass before a workout though. Otherwise I crash!! I can't imagine doing all that before I eat anything. You are a trooper, and I would be so hungry I was about to pass out too.

Hi Ebianco!! I put my firms back into the cabinet, well, except for 5 day abs. I am focused on body beast right now. it was amazing how sad it made me!! HA! I am way too attached to my Firms.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-10-20, 09:27 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - classical stretch off youtube + 8 min kundalini yoga
today - TA last level year one hip + 25 min DC

buzzer - so I gained and lost about 1.5 pounds in the last two days. I really have no idea what to do at this point. I've lost .4 pound this week and calorie wise that makes no sense. We were like 80 yesterday after being 100+ heat index. My sister is in salt lake city and they were like 45 degrees. I think when it gets hot again, I'll do TA MS then eat, by then I'm actually hungry. Then I'll ride and try to get in cardio when I get in from riding. we'll see how that goes. Glad LB can do some of her activities again! Unfortunately, Oklahoma has rising # cases again but they will keep opening up 'for the economy' but I don't get how sick people help the economy (especially since we have lots of uninsured poor people with no health in

hi ebianco!
Old 06-10-20, 09:39 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie 5 (?) mile walk slim... DONE!

I thought I did 4 miles, but my Fitbit says I did 9784 steps, and when I hit "next chapter" on my DVD player during Leslies speech at the end of what I thought was mile 4, it took me to the cool down. So perhaps I did 5 miles! HA! Sneaky Leslie. I had fun though. during the squats I did a cha cha, I jogged more while she walked, I just kinda jazzed it up and made it more fun. Leslie can be repetitive so I change it up a bit to make it less monotonous.

today I am feeling more in my legs than I did yesterday! That cracks me up. I guess I worked them enough to get total DOMS. Two days later. HAHA! My back is sore too I noticed during my workout. I love it. Tomorrow is shoulders, so hopefully I recover before then!

Eventmom: see? that's what I'm saying. I can watch calories closely, and nothing. I go eat whatever I want (within reason) and I gain. I watch calories just kinda, I stay the same. I don't even know what works. I am trying to count and do the body beast, so increase my muscle mass to burn more calories. I'll see how that works for me. I am not weighing, I am just going on how my clothes fit. So far, after 5 weeks of lifting with Cathe, and now 2 weeks of Body Beast, I have zero change.

Day 4 of totally counting calories though, so maybe this combination hasn't been tried yet and will work. I can hope! I tell ya though, I gain and I can't get it off. It's like always slipping and never getting your footing.

I am enjoying body beast. I looked for my ballroom dancing workout today, and I put it away with my Firms. I didn't feel like going through all of them and finding it, so I did the Leslie. Maybe tomorrow during one of my rests on shoulder day, I will dig through and pull it out for my next cardio day.

Hi Ebianco!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14