Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-10, 06:31 AM  
LAC

I definitely think you should complain to Collage about the plagiarism. They should really put in better controls. As it stands, anyone can very easily pretend to be someone else when writing reviews over there and I think they often do, giving the reviews on their site very little credibility with me.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 06:40 AM  
acescholar

I'd be mad and a little creeped out as well by the total lifting of the review. I'd definitely contact Collage.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 07:20 AM  
Orlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
Perhaps it's Lalo's PR team rather than Collage scouring the Internet for positive reviews and copying them to various websites for better overall score... Not nice!
That's my vote, too. Why not just contact the reviewer & say thanks for the great review & would they consider sharing it with the Collage community, too? I wouldn't be put off if I received a note like that.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 07:53 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

It's obvious that it is someone who has a commercial interest in selling this workout because they deliberately left out the one negative criticism in your original review. So, it's either a Collage staff member who figured they would help their website along by lifting a VFer's review without permission, or else it's a Lalo staff member doing it. Either way, they were wrong to do it.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 07:59 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 View Post
oooooooooooo...... I never thought of that. That is CREEPY ! You know, we've had collage employees post here before stating this is one of the only sites they're allowed to view while at work. So, we know collage employees come here, so it's really not a stretch to imagine them using VF to advertise DVDs via review on their site, a snatch & grab ! oooooooooooo That is a GREAT conspiracy theory.

(not sayin' I believes it, but I likes it. ROFL Kinda fun to speculate this late at night/early in the morning)
The last I heard, they were no longer allowed to visit this site while at work. But Collage has absolutely no checks and balances in place for their reviews. Anyone can pose as anyone else and post reviews...multiple times. And they have no way to track it. I hope that with the new FTC regulations for product endorsement they will have to do better. Opinions can vary widely on a workout (or anything else) but it sure would help to know we're reading someone's honest opinion.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:04 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
But Collage has absolutely no checks and balances in place for their reviews. Anyone can pose as anyone else and post reviews...multiple times.
What checks and balances do we have here? Or does any internet site have? I had never really thought about that when scouring the web for reviews.... Except at Amazon where there are such a large number of reviews, any one person could post postive or negative reviews of any product just about all over the web. Interesting thought.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:06 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

If a site records the ip address of the reviewer that helps. It isn't fool proof, but it helps. And they should be able to verify the email address it comes from. Also not fool proof. But Collage has admitted in the past that they don't even attempt to track the reviewers.

On Mary's old site she had a system in place that either showed "verified buyer" or "verified reviewer." Verified buyer actually bought the workout from her and verified reviewer had a confirmed email address. She may have that on her new site too. I haven't actually looked.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:13 AM  
herya

Also VF users have accounts and profiles - if you can see a praise by a 5k long time member you can rank them higher than those of a very fresh member. If someone has been around for years and has posted many reviews they are unlikely to be a shill.
Old 01-08-10, 08:24 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
That's so strange. They signed "Nat" which is a shortened version of Naturallove. That would suck if Collage has workers scour the internet for reviews and then post them on their website (purely speculation on my part).
When I saw clicked the link to Collage, I almost spit out my OJ when I saw the review was by Nat. Keilan's explanation sounds more plausible but I was so worried that you might think it was me. Please be assured that it wasn't me.

Heck, I rarely do reviews here - and I never post them at Collage.

I hope you get this squared away. Please let us know what happens.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:35 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I'm sorry this happened, naturallove. I would be po'd too! They had better take that down.

I don't trust the reviews at Collage, in general. The majority sound very fake.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage video, lalo fuentes, reviews